It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
https://adequateman.deadspin.com/let-s- ... 1823726527

Quote:
PENN! DID YOU KNOW TRUMP WENT TO WHARTON BECAUSE HE’S GOT THE BEST BRAIN THERE IS? VERY VERY LARGE BRAIN AND THAT’S BEEN WIDELY REPORTED. He’s picking Penn to win the whole thing, unless he’s not aware that Wharton is part of the University of Pennsylvania. That’s a distinct possibility. He also may be under the impression that Wharton is located in Trenton.

As you said, he would also include teams that aren’t even in the bracket, and he’d get bored after filling out roughly 10 percent of the slots and quit the exercise to go make a midnight phone call to Jimmy Walker instead. That’s why he didn’t full out a bracket for ESPN last year. It’s too much manual labor for him. His stubby little hand would cramp up. His writing would get progressively sloppier. Three weeks after the tourney was over, he’d finally round out his Final Four picks and include Jack Nicklaus, Papa John, Trump-brand body wash, and a chicken Caesar salad.

But if an aide, soon to be fired, really sat him down and forced him to fill out the whole bracket, you and I both know Trump’s priorities would include:

1. Any place that he has scammed out of money or plans to scam out of money

2. Any state that voted for him

3. Any place that was nice to him.

So looking at the bracket, that gives him a Final Four of Penn, Wichita State (a program that’s financed by the Koch brothers), Arizona (“Who here loves Sheriff Joe?! We all love Sheriff Joe, right?!”), and a three-way tie between Michigan, Ohio State, and Florida State in the West. Did you know he won those states? [pulls out pocket map of the 2016 electoral college conveniently kept on person at all times] Have a look! PEOPLE SAY IT WAS THE GREATEST LANDSLIDE IN HISTORY.

The best part is that there is no way on Earth that Trump would acknowledge a busted bracket. The second Penn loses (and we should all pray for that), he’d just take the pot money and sue everyone else in the pool for libeling his picks.

Startling how fall Magary has fallen. Making up bizarre, outlandish hypotheticals to be upset about Trump over.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
https://deadspin.com/let-us-gawk-togeth ... 1824230139

Let Us Gawk Together At This Gorgeous Game-Tying Driving Bucket From Nuggets-Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
https://deadspin.com/let-us-gawk-together-at-this-gorgeous-game-tying-drivin-1824230139

Let Us Gawk Together At This Gorgeous Game-Tying Driving Bucket From Nuggets-Thunder

This bucket really puts American race relations in perspective

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:49 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
https://deadspin.com/let-us-gawk-together-at-this-gorgeous-game-tying-drivin-1824230139

10 more pages.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:06 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

10 more pages.

Sure didn't take the lying, bigoted hyoocrite long to disavow his own claim about placing me on ignore.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 pm 

Marquette King being cut got the most predictable reaction imaginable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm 

Hey, those Good Mythical Morning guys are really successful, let's just steal their bits!

https://deadspin.com/the-deadspin-idiot ... 1824283468

[I realize that the "eating weird things to the delight of the audience" bit isn't exactly new, but GMM is on top of the game right now, they had a Super Bowl commercial for the love of God]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Misunderstood Beauty of 'Allahu Akbar'

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:

It likes the dope in Clerks 2 trying to bring back a certain demeaning phrase. Too late honey.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 pm 

https://deadspin.com/video/3499937?utm_ ... e=Deadspin

This is difficult to endure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:02 pm 

My takeaway is that the Jewess in the video would like this movie to be a documentary about the negro leagues that also makes sure to respect and applaud the #MeToo movement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:22 pm 

She's right. This kids movie about being a kid didn't address intersectionality enough.

This is amazing. After bitching for three-and-a-half minutes about how a videotape-for-a-rainy-day movie is sexist and doesn't amplify black voices (other than the classic R&B on the soundtrack I guess), she goes full Jason Goff and says the main character is a homo.

I've noticed that Deadspin, after all its protestations over Fox Sports doing so, is really Pivoting To Video lately. However, they're not pivoting away from their masthead of reedy-voiced preppies to do so. If I didn't know better, I'd say "Tom Ley Drinks a Glass of Milk and Describes It" was a high-concept parody of pivoting to video, but I get the impression that they want me to watch trust fund kids farting around in an office in earnest. And that's okay!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:38 pm 

Comment on the scene where the kid fakes his drowning to kiss Wendy Pefferkorn:
Quote:
So maybe don’t reinforce that notion by making it culturally acceptable in a children’s movie.

I often like to say that liberals have little child brains that can't process nuance, so any media they consume to has to be overtly, screamingly unambiguous and didactic or else they cannot process it. That line does not work here, because this is a children's movie, and my own actual child brain did not watch that scene of this movie and say "yes, this is a good deed that has gone unpunished and it is definitely something that I should do in real life expecting positive results." This more or less leaves shitlibs with the critical thinking of dogs. This is what shifting the Overton window into outright fascism and white supremacism has wrought: even cultural conservatives with well-do-to parents and sticks up their asses aren't guaranteed a place on the right, so they land on the left. What a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
More bad baseball takes from someone named Keyser.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
More bad baseball takes from someone named Keyser.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
deadspin is very clearly a shell of what it used to be. even drew magary lists himself as a correspondent for GQ first in every Bio.

This video is the encapsulation of why its horrible and failing miserably.

its most commented articles are anytime they complain about barstool or clay travis. they have no interesting content otherwise.

and these idiots just always end up getting ROASTED by barstool or outkick. thats how bad you are. dude bro pages with obviously tremendous amounts of appeal to the typical sports fan base just throttle you anytime you mention them.

it appears their new editor is some feminazi chick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I'm sure a 7,500 word piece titled, The Wizards Of Aughts: The Post-Millennium Washington Wizards And The Bloggers Who Immortalized Them will in no way be insufferable. Let's see:

Quote:
James Morris was more let down than the average Wizards obsessive by the team’s implosion and the permanent sullying of the Arenas legend. Back when things were going well for Arenas et al, Morris and his friend Christopher Porter ran and wrote for an absurdist D.C.-centric basketblog called Wizznutzz.

More "Zs" = More funny!

Quote:
“There was literally no content on the web about athletes except for the good stories about superstars. Back in 2006, if you Googled a bench player, say Steve Blake, you’d get a hit from our site where we posted that Steve Blake was traded for cigarettes. We were proud of that!

Steve Blake getting dunked on in more ways than one!

Quote:
McGee, taken by the Wiz in the first round in 2008, didn’t like “The Big Secret,” which was the nickname his mom came up with. He also was not partial to “Lemonhead,” a slam from Caron Butler on the shape of McGee’s head. And so McGee asked to be called Big Daddy Wookie. Wizards bloggers suggested “Epic Vale” instead; this was a guy, after all, whose run in Washington is most remembered for the time he ran down the court at full speed the wrong way.

There are like 5,000 more words after this quote. I give up.

https://deadspin.com/the-wizards-of-aug ... 1825204724

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:53 pm 

I was hoping someone would post this. Thanks Spiral. I saw this today and "couldn't even".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Posted the same day as the article above:

https://deadspin.com/how-stories-about- ... 1825394361

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm 

I admire the chutzpah to do a hitpiece on a Simmons underling within hours of 7,500+ words on how some spindly nerds from Bethesda studied Andray Blatche like a zoo animal ten years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 pm 

Wrong thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Wrong thread

no u

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
You NBA haters remind me of Dan Bernstein. "Hey you know that thing you like? It actually sucks"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You NBA haters remind me of Dan Bernstein. "Hey you know that thing you like? It actually sucks"

It's not the sport. It's the condescending/hipster/clowing ways writer cover it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's not the sport. It's the condescending/hipster/clowing ways writer cover it

Just read Zach Lowe. Ignore all other NBA writers. Problem solved.

But yeah those quotes SS posted are pretty brutal. That seems like a 7,500 article written for like, 20 people total in the world.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

7500 words on pre-widespread-broadband-internet-in-the-US Washington Wizards blogs? Come on, that shit sucks PRIMA FACIE.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:57 pm 

Every basketblogger piece called "What Cuttino Mobley Taught Us About the Darkness, the Light, and Ourselves," "Shoot Your Shot, Boys: My Imagined Oral History of the 2005 Phoenix Suns, " or "Homie Do Play That: How Stromile Swift Made Us Laugh While He Wept Inside" should be compiled and published as an anthology like Grantland used to do. I'd call it Infinite Shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Every basketblogger piece called "What Cuttino Mobley Taught Us About the Darkness, the Light, and Ourselves," "Shoot Your Shot, Boys: My Imagined Oral History of the 2005 Phoenix Suns, " or "Homie Do Play That: How Stromile Swift Made Us Laugh While He Wept Inside" should be compiled and published as an anthology like Grantland used to do. I'd call it Infinite Shit.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm 

Cuttino Mobley was a fun player. Came into the leaue 15 years too soon.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:57 am 

https://www.theroot.com/it-be-your-own- ... 1825481924
Quote:
Well, I finally got my answer one day when my mom made me throw away a perfectly good coconut-icing birthday cake that one of my play uncles had hand-delivered to me at church. I angrily asked her, “Why?,” and in a moment I will never forget, she grabbed me by my shoulders, looked me squarely in my fat, brown eyes, and said in her native tongue:

Not everyone who looks like you is for you.

I was puzzled by this, and I didn’t know how to process it, as this was the first time I was hearing it. But as time went on, I would hear her words again. Just in different forms. First, it was “It be your own people [who do you dirty]” in high school ... which was quickly followed by “Not all skinfolk are kinfolk” in college.

Somehow this applies to a fan convention for smelly basement dwelling queer cosplayers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 51  Next