It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus,
I am not saying a jail cell. Just tougher and longer rehab. Look at all the Celebs for instance who do rehab like it is a spa.They go get sober come out and go right back to the stuff they did before. Why is that? There is nothing backing up the treatment. Lohan violated her probation how many times before she got into trouble, then it was what 3 days in jail? By all accounts she is still doing the same shit. Same with Charlie Sheen.

I'm not talking about celebrities, I'm talking about regular people. How do you go from telling me I don't know as much as you, because of where you grow up, to citing Lohan and Sheen as examples?

chaspoppcap wrote:
If all we do is nab people who are abusing ans sending them to a 31 day program it will become and endless cycle for some of them.

For some people it is, for MANY, it is not. Again, you seem to be suggesting that they are lost causes, and should be in a cell.

chaspoppcap wrote:
An endless drain of money,you want that?

Do you have any idea how much more it costs to keep somebody in prison?

The countries that have legalized drugs have seen that it costs less in the long run, to get addicts the help that they need, rather than rot in a jail cell. Are you familiar with the term recidivism?

This should be a slam dunk for fiscal conservatives.

chaspoppcap wrote:
Just the usual American response to a social problem,throw money at it?

You are all over the place. First you said they should go to jail if rehab fails a few times. Now, you are saying longer rehab is the answer. Money is thrown at the problem one way or another.

You are the one with the usual American response, lock up the addicts.

chaspoppcap wrote:
The thing I am having trouble understanding about your stance is if we legalize everything why would these abusers be in front of a judge?

I don't know what this means.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
You are saying to legalize everything. If we do that then why would a drug addict be in front of a judge?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:36 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
You are saying to legalize everything. If we do that then why would a drug addict be in front of a judge?

I still don't know what that means.

In a perfect world, addicts wouldn't be in front of a judge facing criminal charges. Treat it as a civil issue.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:37 am 

Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Why would we send addicts to rehab instead of jail if everything was legal?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:38 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Why would we send addicts to rehab instead of jail if everything was legal?

Because addicts need rehab, not jail. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:40 am 

I don't understand why we should pay to send them to rehab if everything was legal and they faced no jail time from using or possessing drugs?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
chaspoppcap wrote:
I don't understand why we should pay to send them to rehab if everything was legal and they faced no jail time from using or possessing drugs?

You're paying either way. How about paying for the best option to reduce recidivism?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:44 am 

Seacrest wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Had ABC on after Cub game and they said gun was not in video (shot during and immediately after shooting) but was in a still picture (taken later) released by cops

If that's true...

Then what?

Go on.....

Its gonna be lights out for decorum and civility, you can count on that!!!

Seriously they seemed to be suggesting the gun was planted. I just figured I'd see more about that here but no. Maybe ABC 7 was trolling

Perhaps you had a preconceived notion.

No

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/msnbc ... ott-video/

I'm not saying they planted it. Who knows at this point? But its part of the story now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:45 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

You're paying either way. How about paying for the best option to reduce recidivism?

So you want to make being a drug addict a disability? like being blind or losing a leg?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:53 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

So you want to make being a drug addict a disability? like being blind or losing a leg?

You can no longer claim that you do not want to punish them.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:55 am 

Why,please explain.I am asking if that is your desire.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:02 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

Sure, if you explain which of my posts were judgmental?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:05 pm 

Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

I took the one where you where going after me for getting help whe nI needed it yet I was saying that there had to be a limit. I have said for a long time govt help should be temp fix not long term

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Ending the drug war scam

Do you mean the sentences for drug convictions?

Yes. All non-violent drug offenders should be released from prison, immediately. Those with addictions, should have access to receive the help that they need. That is the only chance that they have to once again be a productive member of society. Drug addictions don't fix themselves in jail cells alone.

This.

And marijuana needs to be reclassified from a schedule 1. I am of the mind lobbyists for big tobacco and alcohol are making strong financial investments into anti legalization efforts, because those are the 2 industries which will take the biggest hit next to the prison system.

Interesting read.

https://www.republicreport.org/2012/marijuana-lobby-illegal/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

I took the one where you where going after me for getting help whe nI needed it yet I was saying that there had to be a limit. I have said for a long time govt help should be temp fix not long term

I wasn't judging you. I was telling you to not chastise others for getting the help that they need, because you also got help. Sometimes people fall, and need help to get back on their feet. If you are saying that you deserved it more than an addict does, then you are the judgmental one.

If I recall correctly, and please correct me if I am mistaken, you said that you had to pass drug screenings to get your assistance. If that's true, then that means that you failed at least one somewhere along the way. And that would make this stand towards non-violent addicts even more bizarre.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Ending the drug war scam

Yes. All non-violent drug offenders should be released from prison, immediately. Those with addictions, should have access to receive the help that they need. That is the only chance that they have to once again be a productive member of society. Drug addictions don't fix themselves in jail cells alone.

This.

And marijuana needs to be reclassified from a schedule 1. I am of the mind lobbyists for big tobacco and alcohol are making strong financial investments into anti legalization efforts, because those are the 2 industries which will take the biggest hit next to the prison system.

Interesting read.

Don't forget Big Pharma. They take a huge hit if people can legally smoke weed, instead of getting hooked on their dangerous opiates. The Rx companies and private prisons love addicts.

But let's just point the finger at addicts, to shame and humiliate them.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Chus wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Ending the drug war scam

This.

Interesting read.

Don't forget Big Pharma. They take a huge hit if people can legally smoke weed, instead of getting hooked on their dangerous opiates. The Rx companies and private prisons love addicts.

Yeah, big pharma probably lobbies as much or more against legalization than any other "threatened" industry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:29 pm 

Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

I wasn't judging you. I was telling you to not chastise others for getting the help that they need, because you also got help. Sometimes people fall, and need help to get back on their feet. If you are saying that you deserved it more than an addict does, then you are the judgmental one.

If I recall correctly, and please correct me if I am mistaken, you said that you had to take drug tests to get your assistance. If that's true, then that means that you failed a drug test somewhere along the way. And that would make this stand towards non-violent addicts even more bizarre.

nope I have never failed a drug test in my life. Even the random ones with the City.
I am all for people getting help but it should not be permanent, You know the real reason Social Security is failing?
When they got rid of all of the so called "welfare queens" they transferred them and the majority of their children to SSI. SSI is social Security disability for people who have not earned enough work credits to receive real disability. One of my best friends is a CPS High school Special Ed teacher, one of his job duties is to make sure that every one of his students is on SSI before they graduate.
You go look at the site and see what you can get qualified to get SSI monthly benefits. It is not much ,only $720 a month but when you have 4-5 kids plus yourself on it it adds up. That is why SS is failing they are transferring money by the ship load to the disability side to shore it up.
So answer my question do you want drug addiction to be classified as a disability akin to blindness or cancer?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:30 pm 

Chus wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Ending the drug war scam

This.

Interesting read.

Big Pharma is scared shitless is pot goes legal, not just because it actually works. Anyone can make it in their backyard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:45 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
nope I have never failed a drug test in my life. Even the random ones with the City.

Then why were you subject to drug testing? My mother-in-law was on disability due to a massive stroke. She never had to take a drug test.

Every person that I know, who has been subject to court ordered, random drug testing, is because they failed a drug test at some point. Every single one. These are people that I consider friends. Again, I'm not judging anybody.

chaspoppcap wrote:
I am all for people getting help but it should not be permanent, You know the real reason Social Security is failing?
When they got rid of all of the so called "welfare queens" they transferred them and the majority of their children to SSI. SSI is social Security disability for people who have not earned enough work credits to receive real disability. One of my best friends is a CPS High school Special Ed teacher, one of his job duties is to make sure that every one of his students is on SSI before they graduate.
You go look at the site and see what you can get qualified to get SSI monthly benefits. It is not much ,only $720 a month but when you have 4-5 kids plus yourself on it it adds up. That is why SS is failing they are transferring money by the ship load to the disability side to shore it up.

None of this has anything to do with this discussion.

Why are you so hung up on the idea of permanent rehab? MANY people will get clean. Some will not. Those who can't keep the needle out of their arm, are likely to die at an early age anyway. If not rehab, then they are locked in a jail cell. Somebody pays for that, too. I will let you guess as to who that is.

I haven't even gotten into needle sharing programs, which help to prevent the spread of blood-borne diseases. Drug addiction is a public health crisis, and should be treated as such. Instead, we have people like you, and there are MANY, who rather than implement common sense solutions, desire to shame and humiliate drug addicts by caging them like animals, all the while pretending to not be sitting in judgement.

chaspoppcap wrote:
So answer my question do you want drug addiction to be classified as a disability akin to blindness or cancer?

Why is putting a label on it so important to you? Why not just follow the lead of other countries on how to handle a public health crisis, and an issue that affects most of us in one way or another?

You can continue to tell everybody that you are not sitting in judgment of drug addicts, but it is increasingly obvious that you are, with each post.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:04 pm 

When you get hurt on the job at the City of Chicago you have to take drug tests. I had to for 2 years until my case was settled. Common tactic to trip you up,just like I.G. following you around taking pictures making sure you are not doing shit you are not supposed too.

Ill let this drop because as usual when you are cornered into a position you are unwilling to answer it is to deflect to someone else.

Um I agree with you on almost every point ,except that repeat attendees should be forced to go to longer and stricter programs. Why is that a bad thing?
I am not saying jail,that was a wrong thing to say.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:45 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
When you get hurt on the job at the City of Chicago you have to take drug tests. I had to for 2 years until my case was settled. Common tactic to trip you up,just like I.G. following you around taking pictures making sure you are not doing shit you are not supposed too.

That doesn't sound right. I could see you having to take one right after your accident, especially if you were driving the truck. I don't see how it would be legal to continue testing you, after you pissed clean. AFAIK, and somebody can correct me if I am wrong, assistance comes from the state, not the city. Illinois does not drug test welfare/disability applicants, that I do know for sure. Maybe one of the board lawyers can clear this up.

This isn't at all like an insurance company having a private investigator follow somebody around with a camera, hoping to catch them doing something. That's another bad analogy.

Your "disability, baby" (I'll bet you wish you could un-ring that bell) story has been vague, and has changed MANY times over the years. Of course, that is your right to not share, but it does open things up for speculation. I have seen posters suggest that you were drunk and crashed the truck, and another say that you were drunk and you fell of the truck. The cat is already out of the bag. Why not set the record straight, and end the speculation?

chaspoppcap wrote:
Ill let this drop because as usual when you are cornered into a position you are unwilling to answer it is to deflect to someone else.

You're going to let this drop? You have me cornered? I'm deflecting? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, no.

Nobody on this board cries about being picked on, more than you do. I know that you went to bigfan several times to complain about me. However, none of that stops you from firing away at people. You recently announced to the board that you were new and improved, and even sent me a PM complaining that "I haven't given you credit for your fine work", whatever that means. Out of nowhere, you called me a "fucking hypocrite" because I didn't call out LTG for saying something something, HURR DURR. Then you accused Peeps of "fucking posting and running" after he posted something that completely destroyed your previous post. In another completely unprovoked gesture, you made sure to correct a poster's spelling of McNown to McClown. Then today, you accuse me of "being judgmental as usual" just because my argument made sense, and yours didn't. I'm still waiting for you to explain how I was judgmental in any of my posts today. Forgive me for not believing that these are just jokes. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt to a guy who has a long history of rage posting.

Chas, a few years back, you asked me if we could have a peace treaty. I immediately accepted. Since then, I have not made fun of you in any way. I have kept up my end of the deal, despite your MANY potshots. In this discussion, I didn't make fun of you, I didn't judge you, nor did I point out your spelling and grammar errors. Baby McNown hasn't been making fun of you, either. And for as many bombs as you throw at LTG, I would say that he goes pretty easy on you. You can't have it both ways. Either you are going to run with the dogs, or you stay on the porch.

chaspoppcap wrote:
Um I agree with you on almost every point ,except that repeat attendees should be forced to go to longer and stricter programs. Why is that a bad thing?
I am not saying jail,that was a wrong thing to say.

That's not at all what you said. Not even close. You said rehab shouldn't be permanent, which can only be taken to mean that after a few missteps, they go to jail. Then you said that I wanted to "throw money at the problem", yet now you seem to be in agreement with me that some people might need long rehab stints. You had several posts to clear that up.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 pm 

I was wrong in saying they should go to jail, how many times you want me to say it.
There does though need to be a gradual"ramping up" of the type and severity of rehad for repeat attendees.
We are already paying for it if people want it as part of Obamacare is that rehab has to be covered. I believe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:21 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
I was wrong in saying they should go to jail, how many times you want me to say it.

If we agree, then why did we argue for an entire page? :lol:

chaspoppcap wrote:
There does though need to be a gradual"ramping up" of the type and severity of rehad for repeat attendees.

Of course. These programs wouldn't be one size fits all, and I certainly can't lay out every detail of how the programs work. Obviously, some people are going to need more help than others. I would assume there would be Really. Smart. People. to work out the details.

chaspoppcap wrote:
We are already paying for it if people want it as part of Obamacare is that rehab has to be covered. I believe.

Thanks, Obama.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chus wrote:
Illinois does not drug test welfare/disability applicants, that I do know for sure.

IANAL, but it may be coming for welfare. They should probably test for lead poisoning instead.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 pm 

formerlyknownas wrote:
Chus wrote:
Illinois does not drug test welfare/disability applicants, that I do know for sure.

IANAL, but it may be coming for welfare. They should probably test for lead poisoning instead.

You said anal.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Chus wrote:

You said anal.

Dad gommit! I meant to put a heart emoji in between "I" and "ANAL." Good catch.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:55 am 

Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

chaspoppcap wrote:

Of course. These programs wouldn't be one size fits all, and I certainly can't lay out every detail of how the programs work. Obviously, some people are going to need more help than others. I would assume there would be Really. Smart. People. to work out the details.

chaspoppcap wrote:

Thanks, Obama.

We where arguing because you did not seem to want to conced that I adjusted my position and admitted I used the wrong language.
You got onto one of your rant modes and thought it was more important to fuck with me than actually listen to what I said

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:43 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

chaspoppcap wrote:

chaspoppcap wrote:

Thanks, Obama.

We where arguing because you did not seem to want to conced that I adjusted my position and admitted I used the wrong language.
You got onto one of your rant modes and thought it was more important to fuck with me than actually listen to what I said

Always the victim.

:lol:

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jbi11s wrote:
Chus wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Chus wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Ending the drug war scam

This.

Interesting read.

Yeah, big pharma probably lobbies as much or more against legalization than any other "threatened" industry.

Big Pharma
Lumber industry
Prison lobby
Alcohol industry
Big Pharma

Longgg list of greedy scum that stand to lose billions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 50  Next