It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
chaspoppcap wrote:
I don't want to get all tinfoily but
Haven't people been saying ever since the HRC email shit popped up we where gonna get a "false" flag shit like this to take the heat/spotlight off of her?

a false flag operation would be larger than this, not to mention full of unverifiable details, which isn't the case here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Jbi11s wrote:
pittmike wrote:
That is fine if you are making an assumption. I just didn't see it being clear he was a Trump racist or some backward ass unaffiliated racist.

If he was racist, and a Trump supporter then does that make him a "Trump racist" to you?

Yeah I do not get your point. I asked because I did not see he was a Trump supporter.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:28 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
pittmike wrote:
That is fine if you are making an assumption. I just didn't see it being clear he was a Trump racist or some backward ass unaffiliated racist.

If he was racist, and a Trump supporter then does that make him a "Trump racist" to you?

Yeah I do not get your point. I asked because I did not see he was a Trump supporter.

He has a Trump sign in his front yard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Cmon PM.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
that must be the "certain segment of our population" the Sgt. was referring to

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
so guy has a Trump sign in front yard is Trump fault

Guy shouting Allah Akbar not Islam fault?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
chaspoppcap wrote:
so guy has a Trump sign in front yard is Trump fault

Guy shouting Allah Akbar not Islam fault?

What if it was a black guy with a blm sign in his front yard?

Last edited by Jbi11s on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Haven't people been saying ever since the HRC email shit popped up we where gonna get a "false" flag shit like this to take the heat/spotlight off of her?

Didn't you just accuse LTG of making everything about Trump?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Firstly, what do you mean just?

Second, I was pointing it out man. I thought it was pertinent and relevant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sorry. I was busy and couldn't read about this. I didn't know about sign so that's why I asked.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Chus wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

chaspoppcap wrote:
Firstly, what do you mean just?

As in, you did it yesterday. Today, you are trying to tie Hillary to a crazy person shooting some cops.

chaspoppcap wrote:
Second, I was pointing it out man. I thought it was pertinent and relevant

How is wild speculation, with zero evidence, pertinent or relevant?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:42 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Cmon PM.

#FalseFlag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The numbers are at least twice as high as the percentage of the general popluation but you are discounting them because they said "mostly"?

"Mostly" implies a majority, or close to it, of victims of police homicide being black. That is not the case, and not even close to it, as has been evidenced earlier in this thread.

The point is that one of the few questionable tenets of BLM is that police homicide is aimed primarily at black people...when it demonstrably is not.

It's unnecessarily divisive, that's all.

You seemed to have missed Ricks point. If you compare population rates, it's clear that police abuse disproportionately affects black people. Nitpicking the definitions of words while ignoring that point is a deflection of the issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/messages-sho ... 53219.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The numbers are at least twice as high as the percentage of the general popluation but you are discounting them because they said "mostly"?

"Mostly" implies a majority, or close to it, of victims of police homicide being black. That is not the case, and not even close to it, as has been evidenced earlier in this thread.

The point is that one of the few questionable tenets of BLM is that police homicide is aimed primarily at black people...when it demonstrably is not.

It's unnecessarily divisive, that's all.

You seemed to have missed Ricks point. If you compare population rates, it's clear that police abuse disproportionately affects black people. Nitpicking the definitions of words while ignoring that point is a deflection of the issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/messages-sho ... 53219.html

Just to get this on record: Nas thinks this warrantless surveillance of US Citizens is bad.

But Nas, couldn't this surveillance have saved a life?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Very interesting thoughts in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
White people are racist. News @ 11.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Here you go Ogie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Here you go Ogie.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 am 

New officer: "I'll McFuck you up"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 am 

Time to play "Hide the McNuggets"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
thanks for getting the thread back on track jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/25/a-black-off-duty-cop-tried-to-help-stop-a-crime-another-officer-shot-him/?utm_term=.17984627c4fd

Quote:
A “friendly fire” incident in which an off-duty St. Louis policeman was shot while coming to the aid of fellow officers has taken on racial overtones after an incendiary claim by the injured officer’s attorney: The officer was viewed as a threat because he was black.

The St. Louis Police Department has not identified any of the officers involved in Wednesday night’s incident. The officer who shot the off-duty policeman is white. All seven officers involved are on administrative leave as the department sorts out what happened.

What is known is that officers with an anti-crime task force were tracking a car that was stolen from the Maryland Heights community after its license plate had been detected by an automatic reader Wednesday night, interim police chief Lawrence O’Toole told reporters.

During the chase, the armed men inside the car opened fire.

Officers fired back, hitting one of the men in the ankle during the ensuing exchange. The vehicle ultimately crashed in a neighborhood on the north side of the city and the occupants jumped out and ran, police said. The man shot in the ankle was quickly arrested, along with a teenager who was caught after a brief chase. A third man — who police believed was armed — got away and remained at large Sunday.

An off-duty officer who lives nearby heard the commotion, grabbed his service pistol and headed to the scene to assist his fellow officers. He arrived as the other officers were carrying out the arrest.

The other officers ordered the off-duty officer to the ground, then recognized him as a fellow policeman and told him to stand up and walk toward them.

As he approached, another officer arrived and shot the off-duty officer in the arm, “apparently not recognizing” him, police told the Associated Press.

The black officer, who is 38 years old and an 11-year veteran of the force, was treated at the hospital and released. The shooter, a 36-year-old officer who has been on the force for eight years, told investigators he had feared for his safety.

But Rufus Tate Jr., the black officer’s attorney, took issue with that claim, saying his client complied with the other officers’ commands and was never a threat.

“In the police report, you have so far, there is no description of threat he received,” he told St. Louis Fox-affiliate KTVI. “So we have a real problem with that. But this has been a national discussion for the past two years. There is this perception that a black man is automatically feared.”

Tate said the incident was a case of “a black professional, in law enforcement, himself being shot and treated as an ordinary black guy on the street. This is a real problem.”

The St. Louis area was once the epicenter of the nation’s ongoing debate about whether police are too quick to use deadly force against minorities.

On Tuesday, a federal judge awarded $1.5 million to the parents of Michael Brown, according to the Associated Press. Brown, 18, was unarmed on Aug. 9, 2014, when he was fatally shot by Darren Wilson, a white officer, during a confrontation in Ferguson, about 20 minutes from St. Louis.

Months of protests followed Brown’s shooting. Ultimately, a Justice Department investigation unearthed bias in the criminal justice system in Ferguson, although Wilson was never criminally charged.

But Brown’s killing was just one of many such incidents. In Minnesota last summer, Philando Castile was shot after a police officer pulled him over for a broken brake light. And a North Charleston police officer recently pleaded guilty to a federal civil rights charge after he shot and killed 50-year-old Walter Scott, an unarmed motorist, as he was running away.

So far this year, 461 people have been shot and killed by police officers, according to a Washington Post database of police shootings. A quarter of them were black.

In 2016, 963 people were killed by police. Twenty-four percent were black.

There it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 am 

“a black professional, in law enforcement, himself being shot and treated as an ordinary black guy on the street. This is a real problem.”

I heard this odd (but accurate) statement of the police :? and was just looking for this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Its not funny a guy got shot but in my head I'm picturing him talking to the other guys about the mistaken identity and then some new guy bursts in and shoots him out of nowhere. It sounds like a sketch on SNL.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
That's just lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
That St. Louis incident is right out of "The Wire" where Prez accidentally shoots and kills the black plainsclothed cop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
A yoga and meditation teacher living in Minneapolis was fatally shot by police Saturday night after she called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home.

The woman was identified by family in local and Australian news reports as 40-year-old Justine Damond (nee Justine Ruszczyk), a native Australian who studied to be a veterinarian in Sydney before moving to Minneapolis to be with her fiance, Don Damond. The couple planned to marry next month, but Justine Damond had already taken her fiance’s last name.

The call for help came in just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday, according to a news release from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, the state agency investigating the shooting. Two Minneapolis Police Department officers went to an alley near her home in the Fulton neighborhood, on the city’s southwest side.

“At one point an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman,” the statement said.

But the BCA offered few other details on what precipitated the shooting and, it said, neither of the responding officers had turned on their body cameras before the shooting. The squad car camera did not capture the incident, either.

Investigators are looking into whether other video of the shooting exists, the BCA statement said. When the state investigation is completed, the results will be given to the office of Hennepin County Attorney Michael O. Freeman for a review of whether any charges should be filed. A spokesman for Freeman declined to comment Monday about the shooting.

All Minneapolis police officers have worn body cameras since the end of 2016, according to the city, a policy decision that was announced last July, after a black motorist named Philando Castile was fatally shot by a police officer in the Twin Cities area.

“We all want to know more; I want to know more,” Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges said at a news conference Sunday afternoon. “I call on the BCA … to share as much information as they can as quickly as they possibly can.”

The mayor, who represented the Fulton area as a city council member, called the shooting a “tragic incident” and said she has questions about why the officers’ body cameras were not turned on.

“Tonight, I’m sad, and disturbed,” Hodges wrote on Facebook Sunday night. “This is a tragedy — for the family, for a neighborhood I know well, and for our whole city. … There is a long road of healing ahead, and a lot of work remains to be done. I hope to help us along that path in any way I can.

Authorities told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that the officers have been placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure in officer-involved shootings.

Three people “with knowledge of the incident” told the Star Tribune that the responding officers pulled into the alley behind Damond’s home. The woman, wearing pajamas, approached the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver, reported the Star Tribune. The officer in the passenger seat shot Damond through the driver’s side door, the three people told the newspaper.

When asked about the Star Tribune report, Jill Oliveira, spokeswoman for the BCA, said only that the investigation is in the very early stages and the state agency will provide details as they become available.

The scant details have left Damond’s friends and family in shock and confused over the circumstances that led to her death.

“Basically, my mom’s dead because a police officer shot her for reasons I don’t know,” Zach Damond, Justine Damond’s stepson-to-be, said in a video posted to the Women’s March Minnesota Facebook page. “I demand answers. If anybody can help, just call the police and demand answers. I’m so done with all this violence.”

He added: “America sucks. These cops need to get trained differently. I need to move out of here.”

Don Damond was away on a business trip when the shooting occurred. His son, Zach, said his future stepmother heard a sound in the alley so she called police “and the cops showed up.”

“She was a very passionate woman, and she probably — she thought something bad is happening,” the 22-year-old said. “Next thing I know, they take my best friend’s life.”

Nancy Coune, office administrator for the Lake Harriet Spiritual Community Center, where Damond has worked as a Sunday speaker and meditation teacher for the past 2 1/2 years, described her as a “nonviolent” person.

“She’s not the type to provoke somebody. She would’ve maybe stepped in and helped somebody,” Coune told The Washington Post. “It’s quite unbelievable … She was sweet. She was beautiful. She was kind. She had a bright light about her. Everybody wanted to be her friend, and this happened to her? In a very low-crime-rate neighborhood? Nobody understands.”

Coune said Damond and her fiance have both devoted their time to making people’s lives better and had talked about helping to improve race relations in Minneapolis. Don Damond is a volunteer at a local prison, where he teaches meditation, Coune said.

Despite Damond’s sudden death, Coune said she and others at the community center are not angry.

“Because that’s so opposite of what Justine was and what we actually teach and practice here,” she said.

Damond’s death has become a top story in Australia, where her photo is splashed across the top of major news sites. Those same sites reported that the shooting has also shocked and confused friends back home.

“How someone teaching meditation and spreading love can be shot dead by police while in her pajamas is beyond comprehension,” Matt Omo, Damond’s friend, told the Australia Broadcasting Corporation.

Alisa Monaghan, another friend, said Damond moved to the United States to “follow her heart” and to find “new life,” the ABC reported.

Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said it is providing consular assistance to Damond’s family.

In a statement released by the agency, Damond’s family in Australia said: “This is a very difficult time for our family. We are trying to come to terms with this tragedy and to understand why this has happened. We will not make any further comment or statement and ask that you respect our privacy. Thank you.”

Friends and family are demanding a federal investigation into her death, News.com.au reported. A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment Monday.

Damond attended high school in Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney with a bachelor’s of veterinary science degree in 2002, according to the ABC.

Her personal and business website says she was a qualified yoga instructor, meditation teacher and a personal health and life coach.

The website says Damond’s “interest in supporting people to heal and transform themselves developed after she saw family members suffer greatly from depression, alcoholism and cancer.”

It continued: “After losing much of her family to cancer she has spent many years on a personal investigative journey to discover how habits and disease develop, and how people can change and live in joy, expressing their full potential.”

Three mayoral candidates, Minneapolis NAACP officials and about 250 other friends, family and community members attended a vigil Sunday night where Damond was shot.

“Many of us who have been on the front lines have been warning the public, saying if they would do this to our fathers and our sons and our brothers and our sisters and our mothers, they will do it to you next,” said Nekima Levy-Pounds, one of the candidates and a civil rights attorney. “I really hope that this is a wake-up call for this community to stop allowing things to be divided on the lines of race and on the lines of socio-economic status.”

Friends and neighbors called her a “peaceful, lovely woman” who loved animals and helping others.

“This woman was a beautiful light,” Bethany Bradley of Women’s March Minnesota said at the vigil. “She was a healer. She was loved. And she should be alive. She should still be here.”

Damond is one of at least 524 people fatally shot by police in the United States this year, and the fifth such person in Minnesota, according to a Washington Post database tracking such deaths. Among people shot by police, she represents an outlier: Men make up the overwhelming majority of people fatally shot by officers. Damond is at least the 23rd woman fatally shot by an officer this year, accounting for just over 4 percent of all fatal police shootings.

Damond’s death is the latest to draw scrutiny to how police officers in the Twin Cities area use deadly force.

Last year, an officer from a suburb fatally shot Philando Castile, a local school worker, during a traffic stop that was partially streamed online. Castile’s death in July 2016 set off heated demonstrations that continued for weeks. Protests flared up again last month when a jury acquitted Jeronimo Yanez, the officer who shot Castile, on all counts.

Just weeks before Castile’s death, federal authorities said they would not bring criminal charges in a November 2015 shooting involving Minneapolis police officers. Two officers fatally shot 24-year-old Jamar Clark, whose death sparked demonstrations. The prosecutor announced last year that the officers would not be charged, saying they believed he was trying to grab one of their guns.

A month before Castile’s death, the Justice Department said the officers would not face federal civil rights charges.

Clark’s death prompted a wave of protests outside a Minneapolis police station, demonstrations that eventually saw a burst of violence. Gunfire near the protests injured five demonstrators in November 2015, and prosecutors charged a group of men with the shootings. Last month, two men in that case pleaded guilty, while another had been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 50  Next