It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
There will be a call to federalize law enforcement.

Been tried in Mexico, and that ain't working well either. You end up having the army doing civil law enforcement. They can't even nationalize education. No way the locals let the Feds handle law enforcement.

I don't think it's a good idea.

But there will be calls for it.

Where's Scorehead?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Don Tiny wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Been tried in Mexico, and that ain't working well either. You end up having the army doing civil law enforcement. They can't even nationalize education. No way the locals let the Feds handle law enforcement.

I'm not entirely clear on whether it's even copacetic Constitutionally speaking.

Plus, look at federalized security services like the TSA ... I mean, it doesn't get more blue-ribbon than that outfit of fuckwits and ne'er-do-wells ... the WalMart Greeters of the security industry.

The 10th Amendment has long since been run over by the Interstate Commerce and Supremacy Clauses. The Supreme Court rarely decides things based on the 10th Amendment since the FDR administration.

But politically it won't work. The police unions are one of the few places where Dems and Repubs both fight for support. For all of Scott Walker's union changes in Wisconsin, I believe he exempted the police and fire unions (as an example).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:29 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea.

But there will be calls for it.

Where's Scorehead?

I know, but I'm not telling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:32 am 

He's probably enjoying Kirkland hot dogs and vodka courtesy of CHUSE.

He was a big proponent of having the National Guard on every street corner.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:
A lot of people are up in arms on my facebook feed the cops didn't kill this guy, only shot him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FkzbTf-KM

On mine too. I think they handled it correctly but I could be wrong.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Terry's Peeps wrote:
He's probably enjoying Kirkland hot dogs and vodka courtesy of CHUSE.

He was a big proponent of having the National Guard on every street corner.

Not every corner. Just certain ones.

I don't think there is a law based solution to this. It doesn't appear that body or cop car cameras are going to change behavior enough.

It is a societal/cultural issue. There is an open distrust between police and the communities in which they serve. And race/socioeconomic status plays a big part in it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Baby McNown wrote:
Where's that fucktwit PittMike to defend this guys right to carry and be beyond pissed about this shooting?

Out here on the left coast. Just woke up and having a coffee. Sorry I wasn't monitoring your requests as I slumbered.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 am 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
I don't think there is a law based solution to this. It doesn't appear that body or cop car cameras are going to change behavior enough.

It is a societal/cultural issue. There is an open distrust between police and the communities in which they serve. And race/socioeconomic status plays a big part in it.

From what I understand this was the first police shooting in this area in 30 years. This doesn't appear to be an area where you should be on edge in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
No such thing as a good cop. It's an inherently immoral profession.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
The whole thing isn't that far removed from the South Park "It's comin' right for us" episode.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:05 pm 

denisdman wrote:
It is a societal/cultural issue.

I think White people in general tend to take the officers side. Particularly in the City of Chicago and surrounding areas. A lot of that has to do with so many people having friends and family members who are cops. When the video came out with the black officer slamming the NW professor in New Orleans the cop was generally celebrated on my facebook feed. When cops do shoot, beat or kill white people it is almost never brought up and when it is the person on the receiving end is to blame.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

As dumb as JORR's "No such thing as a good Muslim".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Probably, but I'm at least curious about the reasoning behind that opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Apples and oranges. Someone being a Muslim shouldn't affect me at all. A police officer has to enforce immoral laws using violence or the threat of it. Their actions directly affect all of us.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
For the most part I think the laws we have are pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

The enforcement is generally the biggest problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Cops are asked to act as mini judges several times per day. One error in judgment negates hundreds of correct judgments.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Cops are asked to act as mini judges several times per day. One error in judgment negates hundreds of correct judgments.

Very true. Not sure why anyone would ever want to become a cop in today's world.

And we will never really know what happened in the moments right before he shot the guy in the car. Looks horrible and the cop very well maybe completely guilty....but whether he is or not the court of public opinion has determined him 100% guilty.

Awful situation. The poor child that had to be in the car while that happened? Her life is forever impacted because of such violence.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Apples and oranges. Someone being a Muslim shouldn't affect me at all. A police officer has to enforce immoral laws using violence or the threat of it. Their actions directly affect all of us.

I thought you were originally referencing the affect the job has on the person.

I'm not sure what you mean about immoral laws they are enforcing. Give an example? Is legislator or judge an inherently immoral job?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:15 pm 
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Where's that fucktwit PittMike to defend this guys right to carry and be beyond pissed about this shooting?

Why the anger man? Isn't that the entire reason our society has crap like this happen?

No the reason we have crap like this happen is because of people like the NRA and Mike who think everybody should be packing, yet go silent when somebody who was legally packing and told the cop he was legally packing (as he should have) and is now dead for a busted tail light. Where is their outrage and full throated defense of this poor guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:17 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Why the anger man? Isn't that the entire reason our society has crap like this happen?

No the reason we have crap like this happen is because of people like the NRA and Mike who think everybody should be packing, yet go silent when somebody who was legally packing and told the cop he was legally packing (as he should have) and is now dead for a busted tail light. Where is their outrage and full throated defense of this poor guy.
Huh?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Interesting. I will fold my hand behind my head and kick up my feet for a while. Maybe that will give you time to search for the quote where I said everyone should be "packing" or that I was an NRA member. I will check in periodically.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I don't think that's fair. We aren't complaining about a copy detaining the wrong guy or making some minor error. MANY people are upset with excessive force and abuse of all citizens and primarily minorities. MANY people are upset with the use of deadly force in instances where it doesn't appear force was necessary. MANY people are upset with the appearance that ALL cops are above the law.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Very true. Not sure why anyone would ever want to become a cop in today's world.

And we will never really know what happened in the moments right before he shot the guy in the car. Looks horrible and the cop very well maybe completely guilty....but whether he is or not the court of public opinion has determined him 100% guilty.

Awful situation. The poor child that had to be in the car while that happened? Her life is forever impacted because of such violence.

I disagree. A loud minority of people have a problem but the overwhelming majority of the public support cops and generally give them the benefit of the doubt in all cases and at times go out of their way to excuse their behavior.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I disagree. A loud minority of people have a problem but the overwhelming majority of the public support cops and generally give them the benefit of the doubt in all cases and at times go out of their way to excuse their behavior.

I am not really seeing that today I guess. It seems everyone I read or hear are agreed that the cop is guilty here. I don't see people supporting cops and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:29 pm 

I don't think most people hate cops. They hate the fact that cops seemingly have almost nothing that ever holds them accountable.

Honestly, the only time I can remember the cops getting in serious trouble is the cops that shot this kid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jeremy_Mardis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I am not really seeing that today I guess. It seems everyone I read or hear are agreed that the cop is guilty here. I don't see people supporting cops and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think I said anything one way or another when it came to this. I have seen people on Facebook defending the cop.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:42 pm 

It just seems to me the reaction to this Minn shooting is different.

Hopefully that will lead to good things in the future. Sucks that someone has to lose their life tho for things to change.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I don't think that's fair. We aren't complaining about a copy detaining the wrong guy or making some minor error. MANY people are upset with excessive force and abuse of all citizens and primarily minorities. MANY people are upset with the use of deadly force in instances where it doesn't appear force was necessary. MANY people are upset with the appearance that ALL cops are above the law.

The use of deadly force is a perfect example of my statement.

Excessive force is a problem. It has been since the first cop was given responsibility to enforce the first law. I don't think a police officer wakes up in the morning thinking he will kill someone today. I do think some wake up in the morning ready to use a baton.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50  Next