It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 50  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Are you inferring the respect thing from my statement? I didn't say it but thinking about it more...

I don't think your dressing sexy example is analogous. There is no situation in which a rape is acceptable. The cop is there presumably to enforce the ground rules that we have all agreed upon as a society. Respect should be assumed unless it is has been proven unworthy. However, even in situations it has been proven unworthy, respect is the logical method of acting as the civilian and the cop are not equals in the interaction.

Showing a cop respect or even complying with their orders does not prevent some from abusing their power. The belief by some who haven't been profiled or abused is if you do ______ you won't get abused or worse just isn't true. MANY people believe that there is a certain way to behave that prevents these things. Just like some people believe there is a certain way to dress to prevent rapes.

As a person who had excessive forced used upon him by a black police officer, I can agree with your point but I still don't agree with the analogy. Like I said, I think those who use excessive force come to the job with that mindset each day irrespective of who hey will ultimately meet

Fair enough.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think the overwhelming majority of cops are good people and try to do a good job. I don't believe they wake up thinking they're going to kill someone either. That's true of even the "bad" ones. I believe that their opinions of the people in the communities they cover plays a role.

Telling a person to respect the police no matter what so they won't get abused or killed is similar to telling a woman to dress appropriately if she doesn't want to get raped. It's absurd. It isn't unreasonable to expect a cop to act professionally.

I would not have believed you felt that way. I'm not sure I do.

Felt what way? Most cops being good?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Police and African Americans have an adversarial coexistence. It manifests itself whether a black person is committing a legal or illegal act. It also supersedes race in some instances, as black police and black people tend to also have an adversarial relationship. In some instances it can be worse because black cops are viewed as sellouts in black, particularly impoverished black communities.

I don't think it matters about the color of the officer or the citizens. I think some cops are just assholes that love abusing their power. I think you tend to find most of them in poor communities. A poor white kid has similar stories that a poor black kid would tell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:53 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Police and African Americans have an adversarial coexistence. It manifests itself whether a black person is committing a legal or illegal act. It also supersedes race in some instances, as black police and black people tend to also have an adversarial relationship. In some instances it can be worse because black cops are viewed as sellouts in black, particularly impoverished black communities.

I don't think it matters about the color of the officer or the citizens. I think some cops are just assholes that love abusing their power. I think you tend to find most of them in poor communities. A poor white kid has similar stories that a poor black kid would tell.

You only hear about police abuse when there are poor black people involved.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It sells. You sound like a man who gets around the city and lot and you're an educator so I'm sure you've heard similar stories from people who don't look like you and I.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Nas wrote:

There have been studies that claim this very thing.

All I know is that having once had a run-in with LEOs from a Federal agency, I was scared shitless because I knew they had the power to do whatever they felt like. I wasn't doing anything wrong or illegal, but what am I gonna do, sue 'em?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:57 pm 
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Where's that fucktwit PittMike to defend this guys right to carry and be beyond pissed about this shooting?

Why the anger man? Isn't that the entire reason our society has crap like this happen?

No the reason we have crap like this happen is because of people like the NRA and Mike who think everybody should be packing, yet go silent when somebody who was legally packing and told the cop he was legally packing (as he should have) and is now dead for a busted tail light. Where is their outrage and full throated defense of this poor guy.
Huh?

Where does a person even being to unpack the exceptional barrage of stupidity in just two sentences like that?

Well you two responding like the is a shock to absolutely nobody.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:59 pm 
pittmike wrote:
Interesting. I will fold my hand behind my head and kick up my feet for a while. Maybe that will give you time to search for the quote where I said everyone should be "packing" or that I was an NRA member. I will check in periodically.

Hmmmm so a law abiding citizen with a CC permit getting lit up because of that means nada to you. Ok good talk. Next time we discuss the second amendment feel free to exercise your right to remain silent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I agree that the color of the officer doesn't matter. It just so happens that in larger metropolitan areas the majority of the cops are white. However, I don't think the cops of other races in those police forces are any different in their treatment of people.

It's the office that messes you up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

I agree that the color of the officer doesn't matter.

I'd guess that this is overstating it a little (I may be wrong), but I have to agree with part of it. Wasn't the cop in Minnesota Hmong? The cop involved in the Sandra Bland killing was (I think) Latino.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:29 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It sells. You sound like a man who gets around the city and lot and you're an educator so I'm sure you've heard similar stories from people who don't look like you and I.

I had some crazy shit happen to me during Christmas break 2014. I had to throw my hands up as I stopped at a light on the ramp at Garfield bvld. It was the sort of shit you see in movies. If I'd have reacted a different way they probably would have shot me.

Some dude jumped in my car while running from the police. I had my doors unlocked so all he had to do was open the door and get in. He asked me to pull off. I told him to get the"fuck" out I'm not going no "motherfucking" where. The exchange went on for about 20 sec. Once he realized that I wasn't going to move the car he jumped out. Shortly after he jumped out the police descended upon the car. Guns blazing. I immediately threw my hands in the air. They asked me to get out. I still had the car in drive. I got out and the car started moving slowly. It hit one of the police cars but by it being at a complete stop it didn't do much damage. They realized I wasn't with the guy and let me go. They proceeded to continue chasing the guy and I got in my car and pulled off.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:22 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Where's that fucktwit PittMike to defend this guys right to carry and be beyond pissed about this shooting?

Why the anger man? Isn't that the entire reason our society has crap like this happen?

No the reason we have crap like this happen is because of people like the NRA and Mike who think everybody should be packing, yet go silent when somebody who was legally packing and told the cop he was legally packing (as he should have) and is now dead for a busted tail light. Where is their outrage and full throated defense of this poor guy.
Huh?

Where does a person even being to unpack the exceptional barrage of stupidity in just two sentences like that?

Well you two responding like the is a shock to absolutely nobody.

I don't get your point. Please explain it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:43 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't get your point. Please explain it.

No. It would get me to 10 posts and you would have to quit 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Cops are asked to act as mini judges several times per day. One error in judgment negates hundreds of correct judgments.

Very true. Not sure why anyone would ever want to become a cop in today's world.

I'll tell you why. The job market for ex-high school bullies with a C- average is slim as fuck and these assholes love being in charge and taking their aggressions from being intellectually inferior out on the weak and non government empowered.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I had some crazy shit happen to me during Christmas break 2014. I had to throw my hands up as I stopped at a light on the ramp at Garfield bvld. It was the sort of shit you see in movies. If I'd have reacted a different way they probably would have shot me.

Some dude jumped in my car while running from the police. I had my doors unlocked so all he had to do was open the door and get in. He asked me to pull off. I told him to get the"fuck" out I'm not going no "motherfucking" where. The exchange went on for about 20 sec. Once he realized that I wasn't going to move the car he jumped out. Shortly after he jumped out the police descended upon the car. Guns blazing. I immediately threw my hands in the air. They asked me to get out. I still had the car in drive. I got out and the car started moving slowly. It hit one of the police cars but by it being at a complete stop it didn't do much damage. They realized I wasn't with the guy and let me go. They proceeded to continue chasing the guy and I got in my car and pulled off.

WOW! That was multiple life and death situations in a matter of seconds

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Interesting. I will fold my hand behind my head and kick up my feet for a while. Maybe that will give you time to search for the quote where I said everyone should be "packing" or that I was an NRA member. I will check in periodically.

Hmmmm so a law abiding citizen with a CC permit getting lit up because of that means nada to you. Ok good talk. Next time we discuss the second amendment feel free to exercise your right to remain silent.

Wait... are you saying that a law abiding CC permit holder had it coming? Or am I misreading this?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Wait... are you saying that a law abiding CC permit holder had it coming? Or am I misreading this?
This is what it seems like but that seems pretty dumb so I wanted to let him explain it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:01 pm 

Sir Loin Of Beef wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

If this thread keeps going eventually we will all be dead.

Even if it doesn't

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:

WOW! That was multiple life and death situations in a matter of seconds

It was a good thing the guy didn't have a pistol. I was checking for that while he was in the backseat. It's also a good thing (ironically) that it was the police and not some street guys chasing him. I didn't know who was after him when he jumped in and said pull off. My guy was on the passenger side and I'd just dropped one of my friends off. We were about to jump on the Dan Ryan when the damn fool hopped in. I should have locked the doors but you don't think of shot like that happening. I was on my way to Bevy and we'd just put a cocktail together for the road. That's the real reason I pulled off. Didn't want the police screwing with me about open alcohol. That could have gotten real ugly. It's just good that neither I nor the police panicked or I would have made the news that night.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:07 pm 

Saw a black couple getting pulled over (shockingly) driving home today. I couldn't help but think how fucking nervous must they be?

This guy supposedly did everything exactly as police say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 pm 

Seeing public figures and writers falling behind on their comments because these murders are coming too quick is kind of telling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:10 pm 

Fb logic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Seeing public figures and writers falling behind on their comments because these murders are coming too quick is kind of telling

It also seems like it always seem to happen this time of year. It always seems like the summer months is the period when this stuff occurs.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It also seems like they always seem to happen this time of year. It always seems like the summer months is the period when this stuff occurs.

"Suns Out Guns Out" annually posted by cops on fb as a warning to their brethren whenever it first gets,warm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Oliver Queenan: We have a question: Do you want to be a cop, or do you want to appear to be a cop? It's an honest question. A lot of guys just want to appear to be cops. Gun, badge, pretend they're on TV.
Dignam: Yeah, a lot of people just wanna slam a ni**er's head through a plate-glass window.

If you don't think there's truth to that, well.... you're just not living in the real world with the rest of us commoners.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:17 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Oliver Queenan: We have a question: Do you want to be a cop, or do you want to appear to be a cop? It's an honest question. A lot of guys just want to appear to be cops. Gun, badge, pretend they're on TV.
Dignam: Yeah, a lot of people just wanna slam a ni**er's head through a plate-glass window.

If you don't think there's truth to that, well.... you're just not living in the real world with the rest of us commoners.

I posted that same quote thought in the past

Its a waaaay higher percentage than people estimate in my experience

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
rogers park bryan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I posted that same quote thought in the past

Its a waaaay higher percentage than people estimate in my experience

Poor people are second class "citizens" in the eyes of many.

Police use to shake down Polish immigrants on Archer Ave all the time, because who are they going to complain to?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Rpb, what do you think the percentage is that think like that?

10? 20?

Just curious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Seems like the best way to stop this would be to take the guns away from cops.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:41 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Rpb, what do you think the percentage is that think like that?

10? 20?

Just curious

Depends on exact definition. There are guys that want to help people but also want what MM posted

On the south side south suburbs its definitely more than 1-2%

Which is a lot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 50  Next