It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Can’t all those reasons be true ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
They shouldn't play ok Sunday. Fuck that guy.

You know a guy named O.K. Sunday? I think I just found my new favorite create-a-player name.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:09 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
That does not entail anything close to a charge of collusion. There's not even the slightest implication of any kind of coordination in my statement. Just as the defenders of the owners have repeated again and again that it's possible they all independently arrived at the conclusion that he's not good enough or that he'd hurt business, it's likewise possible under my statement that they all independently arrived at the conclusion that they weren't going to employ him because they hate the prick.

Unfortunately, it is a bit unfair to the defenders of the owners who spent months claiming there were legitimate merit or business-related reasons not to hire Kaepernick and it was on one of these bases that the rational owners of the NFL were most definitely acting. Their actions look a lot less sympathetic if it's just the case that they personally disliked Kaepernick, and MANY of their apologists certainly were attributing far more enlightened motives to justify their actions than making the far weaker case of "Well it's legally permissible regardless of the reason."

I believe I've been pretty consistent in the idea that Colin Kaerpernick doesn't have a job in the NFL because his mouth is writing checks his skills can't cash (see: Kluwe, Chris). He's not good enough to warrant the circus and headache that would come with him being on your team and doing his protesting thing and then throwing out platitudes for Fidel Castro for giving refuge to a convicted cop killer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nas wrote:

You know a guy named O.K. Sunday? I think I just found my new favorite create-a-player name.

Great player

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Great player

You could say that about any given Sunday

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
ZephMarshack wrote:
That does not entail anything close to a charge of collusion. There's not even the slightest implication of any kind of coordination in my statement. Just as the defenders of the owners have repeated again and again that it's possible they all independently arrived at the conclusion that he's not good enough or that he'd hurt business, it's likewise possible under my statement that they all independently arrived at the conclusion that they weren't going to employ him because they hate the prick.

Unfortunately, it is a bit unfair to the defenders of the owners who spent months claiming there were legitimate merit or business-related reasons not to hire Kaepernick and it was on one of these bases that the rational owners of the NFL were most definitely acting. Their actions look a lot less sympathetic if it's just the case that they personally disliked Kaepernick, and MANY of their apologists certainly were attributing far more enlightened motives to justify their actions than making the far weaker case of "Well it's legally permissible regardless of the reason."

I believe I've been pretty consistent in the idea that Colin Kaerpernick doesn't have a job in the NFL because his mouth is writing checks his skills can't cash (see: Kluwe, Chris). He's not good enough to warrant the circus and headache that would come with him being on your team and doing his protesting thing and then throwing out platitudes for Fidel Castro for giving refuge to a convicted cop killer.

Cop killer is a grey area with Assata. We've been over this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:09 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Cop killer is a grey area with Assata. We've been over this.

Nope. No grey, black and white: Conviction for murder under the felony murder rule makes you a murderer. Period.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Is OJ a murderer?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
ZephMarshack wrote:
McNair's statement was inappropriate. The idea he meant to convey was we can't have the slaves running the plantation.

Did some NFL owner say this, though? I am seriously asking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:09 pm 

Happy 30th Birthday!

My last memories are of him shitting the bed when I picked him up to QB in a needed win in fantasy. I looked up his stats just to review and he didn't suck as much as it is portrayed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I will never forgive Kaepernick for losing to the Bears and forcing us to trade up to the 2nd pick.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:42 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I will never forgive Kaepernick for losing to the Bears and forcing us to trade up to the 2nd pick.

Oops. I forgot about that as well. I sat there in that wet snowstorm watching him suck worse than a horribly depleted Bears squad. It wasn't even to the point where the draft position argument was theoretical. That win very concretely cost the Bears draft picks.

On the other hand, Pace probably would have just traded up with Cleveland to get him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
In the Trump Tax plan.
They are making impossible for sports teams to get tax credits or tax breaks for new stadiums.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Cardinals?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hussra wrote:
Cardinals?

MANY places make sense.

Arizona
Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Denver
Cleveland

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:43 pm 

Chus wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Cardinals?

MANY places make sense.

Arizona
Green Bay
Houston
Indianapolis
Denver
Cleveland

I really hope his collusion lawsuit fucks things up.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
When is the right time to protest injustice and oppression?.

Don't forget "lobbying the school board to not redistrict your elite Manhattan school zone to include more blacks".

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nas wrote:
When is the right time to protest injustice and oppression?.

Don't forget "lobbying the school board to not redistrict your elite Manhattan school zone to include more blacks".

TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE! TU QUOQUE!

That's pretty weak. I've never been against the protests, the worst I've done is question their co-opting by other players when Trump opened his mouth and wondered if the message had gotten diluted.

Unless you mean that I've fought to keep my non-existent children from attending a school with more minorities while building a nationwide media presence on a platform of equality.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 am 

Unless you mean that I've fought to keep my non-existent children from attending a school with more minorities while building a nationwide media presence on a platform of equality.
You also never thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Finally being recognized for his accomplishments.

https://www.gq.com/story/men-of-the-yea ... al_twitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You also never thought there were 3 MLB games when there were actually 4 MLB games.

Bruce Wolf‏
@BruceWolfChi
1h1 hour ago
More Bruce Wolf Retweeted David Zurawik
You say in your online story that Alabama station interviewed 3 people. On tv did you say 4? Not to make big deal but, you know, accuracy. Also, Stelter ripped Hannity for Thursday show. What about Friday attack on Moore? Is Ala. story only one done on Moore?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Finally being recognized for his accomplishments.

https://www.gq.com/story/men-of-the-yea ... al_twitter

those are four heavyweight shapers of our culture, tommy wrote in a sarcastic vein. (well, CK might actually be.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34