It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
And it's growing.

http://deadspin.com/seahawks-considerin ... socialflow

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:13 pm 

...and I'm going to guess none of the people will make it about having "no pride in the flag" like he did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:

Next Domestic Abuse :salut:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
...and I'm going to guess none of the people will make it about having "no pride in the flag" like he did.

That's fine. You've been hung up on that one phrase, but I think it's clear they share his overall message.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
What previously unknown issues will these protests bring to light and what will change as a result?

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's fine. You've been hung up on that one phrase, but I think it's clear they share his overall message.
Of course I'm hung up on it. He said that is why he did it. :lol:

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
Movement? Kapernick is so shitty he'll probably end up on Slapshot Ed's team before the season is over!! BUT, the protected free speech of idiots is protected too. The same people who vote for CHUY and Gary Johnson??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He doesn't have a coherent message. He did not know what blanket statement meant. Honestly, I think this could lead to the end of the national anthem at sporting events, which is a great idea.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Well, he's also explained at length why he did it, which is why I said you're hung up on the one phrase.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He doesn't have a coherent message. He did not know what blanket statement meant. Honestly, I think this could lead to the end of the national anthem at sporting events, which is a great idea.

He clearly has a coherent message. Saying otherwise is just not true.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Well, he's also explained at length why he did it, which is why I said you're hung up on the one phrase.
He can explain it all he wants but ultimately he still has no pride in our flag, and by extension our country. I don't know why you think I have to ignore that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He can explain it all he wants but ultimately he still has no pride in our flag, and by extension our country. I don't know why you think I have to ignore that.

You don't have to ignore it, you and I just have different responses to it. I don't really see it as a big deal. Michelle Obama said basically the same thing 8 years ago, and I don't view her negatively for it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What, exactly, does he want done? Eliminate all racism? How does he propose doing this? He also talked about a desire to put Hilary Clinton in jail. I don't think there is any core message other than racism is bad.

Federal laws oppose racism. The country elected a black president. As far as police shootings go there are a pile of dead white people as well. Only 32 percent of people shot by police are black. If he said he would sit until police stopped carrying guns that would be a coherent message. What he is rambling about is completely arbitrary.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Booby's
He also talked about a desire to put Hilary Clinton in jail.

Tell that asshole to stand up and shut up! COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! COUCH! COUGH!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:38 pm 

Crooked Hillary wrote:

Tell that asshole to stand up and shut up! COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! COUCH! COUGH!

This is not a very good mult.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What, exactly, does he want done?
Eliminate all racism? How does he propose doing this? He also talked about a desire to put Hilary Clinton in jail. I don't think there is any core message other than racism is bad.

Federal laws oppose racism. The country elected a black president. As far as police shootings go there are a pile of dead white people as well. Only 32 percent of people shot by police are black. If he said he would sit until police stopped carrying guns that would be a coherent message. What he is rambling about is completely arbitrary.

Quote:
CK: There’s a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality. There’s people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people. That’s not right. That’s not right by anyone’s standards.

He wants police officers who murder unarmed civilians to be held accountable.

Also, your 32 percent number, if it is accurate, supports Kap's assertion that black people are being targeted at a disproportional rate.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Douchebag wrote:
Crooked Hillary wrote:

A cry for help?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
spmack wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Crooked Hillary wrote:

A cry for help?

Might be time for Someguy to look hard at some psychiatry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Seacrest wrote:
spmack wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Crooked Hillary wrote:

A cry for help?

Might be time for Someguy to look hard at some psychiatry.

Kinda seems like calling Service Master after your house is completely incinerated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What, exactly, does he want done?
Eliminate all racism? How does he propose doing this? He also talked about a desire to put Hilary Clinton in jail. I don't think there is any core message other than racism is bad.

Quote:
CK: There’s a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality. There’s people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people. That’s not right. That’s not right by anyone’s standards.

He wants police officers who murder unarmed civilians to be held accountable.

Also, your 32 percent number, if it is accurate, supports Kap's assertion that black people are being targeted at a disproportional rate.

He said many different things. And what does held accountable mean? Had several of them investigated. Even in the case of George Zimmerman, which started this, the man was brought to trail. Acquitted, but brought to trial.

I looked it up again, and it was 26 percent. Meanwhile black men were arrested for 51 percept of the total murders in the US in 2014. So violent encounters probably skew the statistics.

Do you believe that police departments are targeting black people for execution? What would they gain from that? The average payout is above $3 million for every incident.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Booby's
Douchebag wrote:
Crooked Hillary wrote:

Mark Douchebag down as a liberal!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Crooked Hillary wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Crooked Hillary wrote:

Mark Douchebag down as a liberal!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He explained after a talking to by people who have thought more deeply on the subject and saw an opportunity.

Notice how his message has become much more refined in two weeks. Usually a person taking a stand has a refined message and then makes the symbolic gesture.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs

He said many different things. And what does held accountable mean? Had several of them investigated. Even in the case of George Zimmerman, which started this, the man was brought to trail. Acquitted, but brought to trial.

I looked it up again, and it was 26 percent. Meanwhile black men were arrested for 51 percept of the total murders in the US in 2014. So violent encounters probably skew the statistics.

Do you believe that police departments are targeting black people for execution? What would they gain from that? The average payout is above $3 million for every incident.

thats the whole thing for me. i dont' think they really want awareness brought because the science and statistics will tell them that most of these are justified. its like being in an accident and breaking your back but only being concerned about a sprained wrist. Sure its entirely ok to be concerned about both but when you are only screaming about your sprained wrist it doesn't seem to anyone else that you even care about your broken back.

Take the systematic racism out of it. That is nothing a police force can resolve. Many african american areas are crime addled. So officers (many of which are not white) that patrol these areas already have a heightened sense of defense. which results in more altercations where they have to put their hands on african americans (any physical interaction really) than possibly other races. it makes sense. a cop is going to try and take more control of a situation in cabrini than they will in mayberry where crime rates are minimal.

but the numbers bare out. officers are not using deadly force any more on black people than they are on white people per harvard studies. HARVARD!

locally here davenport ia police were taking heat for some agressiveness in some of these areas. they systematically backed away from the areas due to the lashback. there is an increase in shootings at almost 400%! damned if you do damned if you don't.

I'm not blind to the fact that there are bad police officers and they should be held accountable but quite frankly i think thats the last of African American's worries right now. Its unpopular for a white person to say that but as one who fosters and gets first hand view into the hardships many African Americans go through, its hard for me to believe solving the police issue is even going to make a small dent in the overall problems facing them today.

Education, Promotion of the Nuclear Family, and solid Employment options should be the #1 topic in my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:39 pm 

Brandon Marshall, star MLB on the Broncos, joined the movement.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tad Queasy wrote:
What previously unknown issues will these protests bring to light and what will change as a result?

lack of comfortable seating on NFL sidelines.

they'll require a barcalounger per player in the next NFLPA CBA.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:

Odd ... he's always been a rather reticent chap ... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:59 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Odd ... he's always been a rather reticent chap ... :roll:

:?:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
hnd wrote:
locally here davenport ia police were taking heat for some agressiveness in some of these areas. they systematically backed away from the areas due to the lashback. there is an increase in shootings at almost 400%! damned if you do damned if you don't.

That's who gets hurt the most here...the innocent residents living in dangerous areas. They depend on the police, and when the police become resigned to avoiding physical interactions (or refusing to respond to calls) due to fears of police brutality accusations, nobody wins but the criminals.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
FavreFan wrote:

Interesting story but fucking Petchesky and Deadspin and Gawker media are the fucking worst

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next