It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Here is the Washington Post police shooting database: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2016/

Looks like it is now 24% of people shot by the police were black. I do not see the numbers as a conspiracy against black people as the NFL protesters seem to.

Here are the FBI numbers on violence. 52 percent of murders where committed by black people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... icide-data

Not a conspiracy. Certain people just value certain lives more than others. Some of those people are cops.

Again, those numbers are who was arrested and convicted for murder, not necessarily who commited them. (Meaning unsolved murders and people who weren't convicted are not included)

Maybe there's a reason black people are arrested for murder at a higher clip?

It sounds as if you are saying that black men don't actually commit murder at a higher rate, but I'm sure that's not what you meant. Because I think you know they do. But of course there is a reason. Black people have been shoved to the bottom for 600 years.

And really, it all comes down to money. People are judged on how much they have. For an American man, not much else really matters, does it? Dennis and others can champion the greatness of capitalism as much as they want, but they need to own the negatives too.

Do you really think some kid on the West side of Chicago dreams about growing up to become a crack dealer? He just wants money like everyone else. Nobody "chooses" to live a lifestyle where he has to kill people or might get killed himself because he is just born evil. It's not like, "Hey, let's see, I can be CEO of Google or I can sling crack rock and kill people, I think I'll go with the crack!" No, he wants that nice big screen and new car just like you and he's taking the opportunities available to him to get those things.

That can't be that clear though. MANY, probably most, kids in Englewood for example do not sling crack and kill people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Pretty much what my friends who work the west side told me they deal with daily.

From the article:

Chicago cops regularly encounter aggressive hostility when they leave their vehicles. In August a Chicago Tribune reporter filmed a group of teens taunting officers for over an hour while the cops investigated a shooting on the West Side. “F--- the police!” went one chant. “Get the f--- off my block!” came another insult. Someone fired off shots in a nearby alley for the fun of seeing cops run toward another possible victim. “Run, b----, run!” a shirtless male shouted as the officers took off in a sprint.

Thats unfortunate but its kind of one sided. Is there maybe a reason for the hostility towards police?

I'm a bit confused here, are you advocating judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a very small percentage?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Here is the Washington Post police shooting database: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2016/

Looks like it is now 24% of people shot by the police were black. I do not see the numbers as a conspiracy against black people as the NFL protesters seem to.

Here are the FBI numbers on violence. 52 percent of murders where committed by black people.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... icide-data

Not a conspiracy. Certain people just value certain lives more than others. Some of those people are cops.

Again, those numbers are who was arrested and convicted for murder, not necessarily who commited them. (Meaning unsolved murders and people who weren't convicted are not included)

Maybe there's a reason black people are arrested for murder at a higher clip?

It sounds as if you are saying that black men don't actually commit murder at a higher rate, but I'm sure that's not what you meant. Because I think you know they do. But of course there is a reason. Black people have been shoved to the bottom for 600 years.

And really, it all comes down to money. People are judged on how much they have. For an American man, not much else really matters, does it? Dennis and others can champion the greatness of capitalism as much as they want, but they need to own the negatives too.

Do you really think some kid on the West side of Chicago dreams about growing up to become a crack dealer? He just wants money like everyone else. Nobody "chooses" to live a lifestyle where he has to kill people or might get killed himself because he is just born evil. It's not like, "Hey, let's see, I can be CEO of Google or I can sling crack rock and kill people, I think I'll go with the crack!" No, he wants that nice big screen and new car just like you and he's taking the opportunities available to him to get those things.

That can't be that clear though. MANY, probably most, kids in Englewood for example do not sling crack and kill people.

Look, I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but that isn't the point. The point is that there are places inhabited by poor blacks (and places inhabited by poor whites) where drug trade is a local economic engine. In some places the meth business has replaced the steel factory that shut down. These aren't the "choices" they are made out to be. And you can pay all the lip service you want to "hard work" but when a guy walks into Steve Foley Rolls Royce or Gibsons with a fat stack of cash or a black Amex card nobody gives a fuck where that money came from.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Look, I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but that isn't the point. The point is that there are places inhabited by poor blacks (and places inhabited by poor whites) where drug trade is a local economic engine. In some places the meth business has replaced the steel factory that shut down. These aren't the "choices" they are made out to be. And you can pay all the lip service you want to "hard work" but when a guy walks into Steve Foley Rolls Royce or Gibsons with a fat stack of cash or a black Amex card nobody gives a fuck where that money came from.
I think you bring up an interesting point but the thing is that dealing drugs earns more than pretty much any normal job with much less work. It's not like they are saying "I'd like to work at Macy's but they aren't currently hiring so I'll take a similarly paying job with John's marijuana cigarette network".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I think you bring up an interesting point but the thing is that dealing drugs earns more than pretty much any normal job with much less work. It's not like they are saying "I'd like to work at Macy's but they aren't currently hiring so I'll take a similarly paying job with John's marijuana cigarette network".

I'm not sure it is much less work. And it's certainly more dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Reality is most drug dealers don't make a lot of money and most people wouldn't hire them.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:12 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Reality is most drug dealers don't make a lot of money and most people wouldn't hire them.

How did you do so well then? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm not sure it is much less work. And it's certainly more dangerous.

Don't you also have to ascend pretty significantly in the distribution chain to make a lot of money dealing? Most of he dealers/distributors in Rogers Park involved with the Howard/Morse/Ashland open-air markets didn't seem to be too prosperous. And the guys selling heroin here in the deindustrialized and rural small towns of New England are, for the mos part, living dead-end lives in squalor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Aside from Hollywood movies I would guess most dealers not up the chain a few steps are happy to work for their next fix.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Don't you also have to ascend pretty significantly in the distribution chain to make a lot of money dealing? Most of he dealers/distributors in Rogers Park involved with the Howard/Morse/Ashland open-air markets didn't seem to be too prosperous. And the guys selling heroin here in the deindustrialized and rural small towns of New England are, for the mos part, living dead-end lives in squalor.
Well, JORR started the discussion by acting like dealing drugs was a financial decision to do Dan Bernstein proud and "MAKE MORE MONEY".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If you use a bunch of said drugs that you deal, I doubt you take home all that much money. It basically supports your habit.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
South Park looks like they will be taking aim at Kaepernick tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zJL9JuOLQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

How did you do so well then? :wink:

:lol: No one sells more than me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Well, JORR started the discussion by acting like dealing drugs was a financial decision to do Dan Bernstein proud and "MAKE MORE MONEY".

It's relative though. You're not trying to have more than Warren Buffet or denisdman. You're trying to have more than the guy next door.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It is. The reality is not MANY people would hire MANY of the low level drug dealers. They don't have any real skills and are so uneducated you wouldn't believe it. I'm talking about people who may read at a 3rd grade level and struggle with basic math.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:12 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Pretty much what my friends who work the west side told me they deal with daily.

From the article:

Chicago cops regularly encounter aggressive hostility when they leave their vehicles. In August a Chicago Tribune reporter filmed a group of teens taunting officers for over an hour while the cops investigated a shooting on the West Side. “F--- the police!” went one chant. “Get the f--- off my block!” came another insult. Someone fired off shots in a nearby alley for the fun of seeing cops run toward another possible victim. “Run, b----, run!” a shirtless male shouted as the officers took off in a sprint.

Thats unfortunate but its kind of one sided. Is there maybe a reason for the hostility towards police?

I'm a bit confused here, are you advocating judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a very small percentage?

Of course he is. And he is far from the only one doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's relative though. You're not trying to have more than Warren Buffet or denisdman. You're trying to have more than the guy next door.

You really are something. Just a guy tossing out all sorts of assertions, the proverbial throwing shit at the wall hoping some of it will stick. I've honestly had enough of it................

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 am 

Uh oh. JORR about to make the denisdman "I don't like you" list. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
the big mistake all these dopes are making is the answer to the question "how long will you do this?" . Their response, "when it gets better?" motherfer you are just going to have to keep on doing it the rest of your career. wtf does it getting better look like? its probably always going to be bad in the eyes of someone! now when one day if you ever do stand for the anthem, a bunch of people are going to freak out on you "YOU THINK ITS BETTER!! ITS WORSE BBLAH BLABHLBABLHABLHB"

so stupid. now your dumbass has to kneel there like an idiot on principle because you created the most retarded vague parameters on the planet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: ------
hnd wrote:
the big mistake all these dopes are making is the answer to the question "how long will you do this?" . Their response, "when it gets better?" motherfer you are just going to have to keep on doing it the rest of your career. wtf does it getting better look like? its probably always going to be bad in the eyes of someone! now when one day if you ever do stand for the anthem, a bunch of people are going to freak out on you "YOU THINK ITS BETTER!! ITS WORSE BBLAH BLABHLBABLHABLHB"

so stupid. now your dumbass has to kneel there like an idiot on principle because you created the most retarded vague parameters on the planet.

So instead do nothing? That doesn't sound like a way to bring attention to the fact you think that the police in America are bullshit. In Kapernick's case though the rest of his career might not be that long considering he couldn't beat out Yo Gabba Gabbert on the depth chart.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:49 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You really are something. Just a guy tossing out all sorts of assertions, the proverbial throwing shit at the wall hoping some of it will stick. I've honestly had enough of it................

Why are you getting upset? You boast about all you have here all the time and you don't think people are going to give you shots about it? I'm certain I'm not the first.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why are you getting upset? You boast about all you have here all the time and you don't think people are going to give you shots about it? I'm certain I'm not the first.

If you are unable to see the difference between taking shots and openly ascribing unflattering thoughts and words that a poster never said, well then maybe you should step back from the keyboard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If you are unable to see the difference between taking shots and openly ascribing unflattering thoughts and words that a poster never said, well then maybe you should step back from the keyboard.

What is it that he "never said" that I said he did? Maybe you should step back, or better yet, get closer to your monitor.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Phil McCracken wrote:
hnd wrote:

So instead do nothing? That doesn't sound like a way to bring attention to the fact you think that the police in America are bullshit. In Kapernick's case though the rest of his career might not be that long considering he couldn't beat out Yo Gabba Gabbert on the depth chart.

thats quite the leap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Phil McCracken wrote:

Kneeling down is doing nothing. The only people who really care about it are the easily riled up military buffoons and gullible whiners who continue to believe empty symoblic gestures like Kaepernick's mean anything. These two group will bicker with each other over literally anything, I would hardly call sparking another argument between the two a new movement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:04 am 

hnd wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:
hnd wrote:

thats quite the leap.

So you think Kapernick should be starting over Gabbert then?

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
America wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:

Kneeling down is doing nothing. The only people who really care about it are the easily riled up military buffoons and gullible whiners who continue to believe empty symoblic gestures like Kaepernick's mean anything. These two group will bicker with each other over literally anything, I would hardly call sparking another argument between the two a new movement.

You guys are being way too reductive about this being nothing. Yes, Kaepernick is not Ali,but to pretend this is as empty as any Twitter beef is too hasty, especially given that it's coming in a context in which nearly all athletes these days generally try to appease their front offices and sponsors above all else. Brandon Marshall is losing sponsors for what he's doing; that's actual economic consequences to his actions, which is a bit more impactful than getting some partisans on the internet saying mean things about you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Absolute scumbag to pull that stunt during 9/11 anniversary weekend.

This is how players should be handling it...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:27 am 

cluv8484 wrote:
Absolute scumbag to pull that stunt during 9/11 anniversary weekend.

This is how players should be handling it...

Yeah what is more American than threats and intimidation in the face of legitimate dissent.

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
hnd wrote:

This is stupid. You're clearly not paying attention, at all. "Stop letting the police get away with murder" isn't vague at all. It's very specific.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next