It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:19 pm 

Interesting characterization of people that possess views that are considered anti Muslim. Very interesting in fact.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... nti-muslim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'm not clicking on a website that says "s-p-i-c enter".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Lots of heroes. Hopefully their numbers grow further.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
their faith is frequently depicted as sanctioning pedophilia, coupled with intolerance for homosexuals and women.

Okay, where's the lie?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
LTG, I would have nothing against them if
1) gave up the conquer the world or the sublimation of other religions
2) did not wish the erication of the j e w s
3 gave up killing gays
4 let women be equals
5 gave up slave thing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Damn, NWO/MIC has really won big time. Got all the sheep scared of the scary moose-lims. I'm sure the Nazi's would be proud. We are the 4th Reich.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Anti Muslim Charactersitics.....include valuing human decency and having a brain capable of logic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bears could have used a Mushin Mohammed today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I'm a proud Soldier of Odin, but our chapter doesn't necessarily hate Muslims. Our official position is that we could do without Muslims but lack the motivation to do much about it other than hiding our mild disgust when we seem them at the grocery store.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
long time guy wrote:
Interesting characterization of people that possess views that are considered anti Muslim. Very interesting in fact.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... nti-muslim

What can you tell us about people with anti-semitic characteristics?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:37 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
their faith is frequently depicted as sanctioning pedophilia, coupled with intolerance for homosexuals and women.

Okay, where's the lie?

yep, statements regarding this are 100% accurate and can easily be backed up. Just try living as a gay man in Iran, as a woman in Saudi Arabia, or tell us about the child brides still relatively common in some MidEast countries.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

Joke of an organization that reasonable folks on both sides have denounced.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

yeah, they label ex-Muslims who speak out about their experiences living in Islamic counters as "extremists" for simply telling their stories. SPLC was once credible, but hasn't been so over the last decade or two. Just see how they label Maajid Nawaz.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Okay, where's the lie?

yep, statements regarding this are 100% accurate and can easily be backed up. Just try living as a gay man in Iran, as a woman in Saudi Arabia, or tell us about the child brides still relatively common in some MidEast countries.

You neglected to tell us how any of that makes them a threat to the United States. If you were really concerned about how the treatment of Muslims is really troubling for you then you'd complain about the bombs being dropped in their damn countries. You'd also complain about the treatment of them by groups in Non Muslim countries. You'd don't so save your sympathy you damn hypocrite.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

Depends on what you consider to be reasonable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Okay, where's the lie?

You neglected to tell us how any of that makes them a threat to the United States. If you were really concerned about the treatment of Muslims is really troubling for you then you'd complain about the damn bombs being dropped in their damn countries. You'd also complain about the treatment of them by groups in Non Muslim countries. You'd don't so save your sympathy you damn hypocrite.

I'm not saying they are a threat to the US. I'm stating that it is not hateful, but rather accurate to bring light to the homophobia, misogyny, and pedophilia, which are rampant in hardline Islamic societies.

Also, I think I've made my view on the Iraq war and drone bombings quite clear... So go ahead, call me a hypocrite again, I'm pretty sure I've criticized the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in just about every thread where I have posted about them. Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Go ahead, use the search, find a thread of me supporting the US wars there.

I can say that our wars there are wrong, but I can also say that Islamic practices as seen in Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. have no place in the 21st century.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

I'm sure there are good people on both sides.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Okay, where's the lie?

You neglected to tell us how any of that makes them a threat to the United States. If you were really concerned about the treatment of Muslims is really troubling for you then you'd complain about the damn bombs being dropped in their damn countries. You'd also complain about the treatment of them by groups in Non Muslim countries. You'd don't so save your sympathy you damn hypocrite.

I'm not saying they are a threat to the US. I'm stating that it is not hateful, but rather accurate to bring light to the homophobia, misogyny, and pedophilia, which are rampant in hardline Islamic societies.

Also, I think I've made my view on the Iraq war and drone bombings quite clear... So go ahead, call me a hypocrite again, I'm pretty sure I've criticized the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in just about every thread where I have posted about them. Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I can say that our wars there are wrong, but I can also say that Islamic practices as seen in Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. have no place in the 21st century.

I don't condone Islamic practices. Never have. If this country were truly concerned about human rights violations we would never ally with Saudi Arabia. I know there will be a bullshit reason provided as to why but it still doesn't change the fact that an alliance exists.

Muslim society also never appeared to be very troubling pre 9/11 either. It only became troubling once this country and it's leaders needed a convenient rationale for war.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

Not really. Reasonable people don't label Muslims who criticize aspects of Islam as terrorists. Not really a semantics debate. Sorry.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

Not really. Reasonable people don't label Muslims who criticize aspects of Islam as terrorists. Not really a semantics debate. Sorry.

I've never heard that. Is it any more unreasonable than people on the other side that constantly assert that each and every adherent to the religion of Islam is out to destroy the West?

Again it's funny how that sort of language was virtually non existent pre 9/11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

SPLC.

I've never heard that. Is it any more unreasonable than people on the other side that constantly assert that each and every adherent to the religion of Islam is out to destroy the West?

Again it's funny how that sort of language was virtually non existent pre 9/11

Just a guess, but that’s probably because Muslim fundamentalists ran commercial airliners into the World Trade Center on 9/11.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:32 pm 

Then the focus should be on the group that ran planes into the WTC. It shouldn't be used to stereotype all Muslims. Even if you account for "fundamentalists" it's still wrong to stereotype all Muslims. Been around this country a long time (inner Hawk Harrelson voice) and I never recall hearing about an inherent hatred of America on the part of Muslims. Any dislike was considered more of a political than it was a religious thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 am 

long time guy wrote:
Then the focus should be on the group that ran planes into the WTC. It shouldn't be used to stereotype all Muslims. Even if you account for "fundamentalists" it's still wrong to stereotype all Muslims. Been around this country a long time (inner Hawk Harrelson voice) and I never recall hearing about an inherent hatred of America on the part of Muslims. Any dislike was considered more of a political than it was a religious thing.

Wait a minute. I thought it was our fault because of our meddling in the Middle East going back decades before 9/11?

Now you are saying we didn't have any issues with Muslims until 9/11?

Take one off the list! We aren't to blame for the problems in the Middle East!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Any dislike was considered more of a political than it was a religious thing.

And here's where you seem to be getting confused. Islam is a political system as well as a religion. That's why someone like Maajid Nawaz- a Muslim himself who the group you are citing has declared an anti-Muslim bigot- isn't likely to succeed at reforming Islam. Who the fuck is Maajid Nawaz to change the rules set out by the Prophet? I believe it was Christopher Hitchens who liked to point out that Islam made a claim for itself that was different from other religions and quite dangerous- that the Koran is the final Word of God. It's pretty difficult to "reform" that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 am 

Quote:
Keep South Dakota Safe PAC

Aberdeen, SC

that's quite a radius.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Wait a minute. I thought it was our fault because of our meddling in the Middle East going back decades before 9/11?

Was there ever a point in time during your posting history that you didn't misconstrue a point? I'm serious about that also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Any dislike was considered more of a political than it was a religious thing.

And here's where you seem to be getting confused. Islam is a political system as well as a religion. That's why someone like Maajid Nawaz- a Muslim himself who the group you are citing has declared an anti-Muslim bigot- isn't likely to succeed at reforming Islam. Who the fuck is Maajid Nawaz to change the rules set out by the Prophet? I believe it was Christopher Hitchens who liked to point out that Islam made a claim for itself that was different from other religions and quite dangerous- that the Koran is the final Word of God. It's pretty difficult to "reform" that.

I could make the claim that all religions are political as well as religious. That is why I have never been deeply religious. Just look at our ill fated war on terror. It has morphed into a war on Islam as well as terror. I could easily make the case that it is a modern version of the holy war.

Your arguments often stray in this direction.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Was there ever a point in time during your posting history that you didn't misconstrue a point? I'm serious about that also.
Do you really think that was effective to avoid the question?

Also, what point did I misconstrue? You have blamed American policy in the Middle East for decades on what has happened there. All of a sudden it seems like 9/11 was the start of it all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Do you really think that was effective to avoid the question?

Also, what point did I misconstrue? You have blamed American policy in the Middle East for decades on what has happened there. All of a sudden it seems like 9/11 was the start of it all.

This has nothing to do with my point. If you can't understand that it doesn't then I'm not going to waste time explaining it.