It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:04 pm 

DAC wrote:
I can't make a favorite fast food restaurant list since I don't eat fast food other than a Subway sandwich every couple months. I haven't eaten at a hamburger fast food joint in over 5 years. I am not a health nut but I think fast food is rather shitty.

You think fast food is shitty, but you willingly eat Subway?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Won a $20 gift certificate at a PGA Superstore putting contest. Odyssey 2M CS at 34" w/SuperStroke pistol grip.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Douchebag wrote:
DAC wrote:
I can't make a favorite fast food restaurant list since I don't eat fast food other than a Subway sandwich every couple months. I haven't eaten at a hamburger fast food joint in over 5 years. I am not a health nut but I think fast food is rather shitty.

Yes. Subway is not shitty. Not great but will work in a pinch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

DAC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
DAC wrote:

Subway would probably be the last place sandwich place I would ever consider going to. It's trash.

Jimmy Johns looks like gourmet food in comparison, and Jimmy John's even sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Douchebag wrote:
DAC wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
DAC wrote:

Subway would probably be the last place sandwich place I would ever consider going to. It's trash.

Jimmy Johns looks like gourmet food in comparison, and Jimmy John's even sucks.

It's not trash. I only eat there if I am out of town and have limited options. It's not terribly unhealthy. Like I said, every couple months or so.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Unbeknownst to me, my wife put a half pound box of Belgian chocolates under the tree this morning. I got home at lunch to find my dog had eaten the whole box. I stayed home this afternoon to watch the dog to make sure he didn't puke or shit all over the house. It all worked out well and the dog was fine. Thanks for the half day off dear!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Unbeknownst to me, my wife put a half pound box of Belgian chocolates under the tree this morning. I got home at lunch to find my dog had eaten the whole box. I stayed home this afternoon to watch the dog to make sure he didn't puke or shit all over the house. It all worked out well and the dog was fine. Thanks for the half day off dear!

If it's milk chocolate you should be fine. Unless you get into dark chocolate with a high percentage of cacao, then you might have to worry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

If it's milk chocolate you should be fine. Unless you get into dark chocolate with a high percentage of cacao, then you might have to worry.

My dog ate 5 socks when she was 2 and we had to do surgery. Well, the vet did the surgery, but I had to pay for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
My folks had a beagle dog when I was a kid. Nasty mean ass beagle dog.
Anyhow my mom made a three pound meatloaf one night. Took it out of the oven when my dad got home and set it on the stovetop.
Dad went upstairs and changed, asked ma what was for dinner. She said I just took a meatloaf out of the oven. He said you did? It's gone. Fuckin beagle dog ate a fuckin 350 degree 3 pound meatloaf in like 3 minutes.
Fucker.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
T-Bone wrote:

As douchebag said if it’s milk chocolate that’s not enough. Dark chocolate you make them puke before they can absorb it. Hydrogen peroxide will usually do the trick. It’s a joy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Fuckin beagle dog ate a fuckin 350 degree 3 pound meatloaf in like 3 minutes. Fucker.

There is no way that Donspiracy could do that.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

As douchebag said if it’s milk chocolate that’s not enough. Dark chocolate you make them puke before they can absorb it. Hydrogen peroxide will usually do the trick. It’s a joy.

It was dark chocolate and some of them had liquor mixed into it. I was pretty confident he wasn't going to die but was quite sure he was
going to be pretty sick. I tried to get his mouth open to put some Peroxide in there but if you have ever tried to open a Boxer's mouth with
one hand when they don't want to open up, it's pretty much useless trying. I was able to get some down there but all it did was make him
foam at the mouth a little and lick his lips. Anyway the dog never got sick in the least, which surprised me because he has a bit of a sensitive
stomach. Lesson learned anyway. I was giving the wife a hard time and accused her of trying to kill the dog.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 pm 

My nephew just received a congressional commendation to USNA

I may have a complaint thread entry in the near future as he said he's not sure he wants to go because all his friends are going to Marquette and he wants to be with them.

The fuck is your problem, boy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:

I may have a complaint thread entry in the near future as he said he's not sure he wants to go because all his friends are going to Marquette and he wants to be with them.

Well if he doesn’t want to be a Naval officer or serve the commitment I can see it. Otherwise you are right it’s generally a great deal and opportunity.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

Jesus. That's kind of cool. Annapolis, not wanting to booze it up in Milwaukee.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

Your nephew sounds like a smart kid.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:24 pm 

Just had Jeffery Engels fix a leak at my house.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
What's tuition at Marquette for out of state these days? In 1993 it was $25k...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:55 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Anyway the dog never got sick in the least, which surprised me because he has a bit of a sensitive
stomach. Lesson learned anyway. I was giving the wife a hard time and accused her of trying to kill the dog.

Similar thing happened to us at Christmas -- I had a bunch of stocking fun size chocolates and a couple bigger ones that I had put on the back of my wife's desk which buts up against a wall. I also had purchased two doggie cookie treats for each dog. Well Christmas eve we are out celebrating with folks, come home after a few hours, and the office door is open (dog figured out how to open doors) and the two dog treats are gone (packaging remains), the mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are gone (packaging gone as well) and a couple of the bigger chocolate treats are gone. We lock up the smaller one in her crate because she was trained and will stay in there, but our 95-lb Mastiff mix roams free. I blame myself for not putting that stuff in a cabinet or something. I wasn't very worried about the chocolate due to her size and the relatively small amount, but she has a very sensitive stomach. Other than some interesting outside deposits, and one wrapper puke, she ended up OK.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:46 pm 

I had a dream last night that for some reason I was a guest of Bernstein's at a remote somewhere, and said something about football being more exciting/interesting this year and he gave me a meh face and started talking about CTE and bad officiating, but then I spoke for about three minutes and he admitted he was probably wrong. Why I had this dream, I have no idea... I have had the flu so maybe my weakened immune system is allowing for more Bernstein in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
good dolphin wrote:

How did he go about obtaining the commendation?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm 

You petition your congressman. I think they all have different manners of review. This one had a couple of tiers and then the finalists interview before an independent committee of district residents who have experience in such matters. I’m not entirely sure of the whole approach. I think senators also have them. You still have to gain admission but it is a big step.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Congrats to you and your nephew, GD.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Never told this to any living members of the board, but I was on the team that developed ENIAC. I was the one to suggest vacuum tubes. Was working for Hoover in those days selling door to door, and my route stretched from Fort Wayne to Omaha, and so I had vacuum parts aplenty in my cab. When I caught on with the ENIAC team for extra money, I kind of put two and two together and helped solve one of the problems they were having. It's good to know you've had a hand in history, especially in dreadful months like Jan. and Feb. (sorry, I'm not gonna start spelling shit out if you already know what I mean; it's stupid). It's a nice little pick-me-up. Also, I was Hinckley's middle school counselor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
tommy wrote:
Never told this to any living members of the board, but I was on the team that developed ENIAC. I was the one to suggest vacuum tubes. Was working for Hoover in those days selling door to door, and my route stretched from Fort Wayne to Omaha, and so I had vacuum parts aplenty in my cab. When I caught on with the ENIAC team for extra money, I kind of put two and two together and helped solve one of the problems they were having. It's good to know you've had a hand in history, especially in dreadful months like Jan. and Feb. (sorry, I'm not gonna start spelling shit out if you already know what I mean; it's stupid). It's a nice little pick-me-up. Also, I was Hinckley's middle school counselor.

Two things:

1) are there dead board members? When I pour out the ass end of my beers for dead homies are there more names than OKC and Free Ajent?

2) if you ever want a soundtrack for your post I think https://youtu.be/YyknBTm_YyM works

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Congrats to you and your nephew, GD.

no reason to congratulate me

Personally, I'd rather not have a family member joining the military at a time we are in a "war". That's not my decision. Minus the risk of life and a college experience devoid of fun, it is a really obviously great career starter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 am 

tommy wrote:

You must be much older than I thought you were.

Are you talking about John Hinckley, the guy who shot Reagan?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No, he's talking about Hinckley the bottled water guy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I am now the Director of Engineering at my company.

#fastrackforreal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
doug - evergreen park wrote:
I am now the Director of Engineering at my company.

#fastrackforreal

:salut:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 118  Next