It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
meat pierogies. then potato...then cheese.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
None of my guns spontaneously killed anyone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
None of my guns spontaneously killed anyone

Mine either but they've knocked down their fair share of ducks.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
We get almost exclusively meat pierogi these day- hamburger, ground beef heart, steamed onions and spices, mmmmm. Mom says they used offal (heart, tongue, etc.) back when times were tough and meat was scarce, even on the farm. The taste is special, and Grandma kept using the recipe even when they could afford more expensive cuts. I remember cabbage and cottage cheese when I was a kid, and have tried as many commercial-made dumplings I can find.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
denisdman wrote:
We’re looking forward to the college selection process, moreso with my sophomore. He’ll be choosing between academic or baseball choices.

Why not do both and have him major in advanced stats and apply for Theo's job?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I think my news is probably just as important as Doc’s...

In-laws swung by, and MIL brought a huge tray of fresh, homemade pierogis and another huge tray of cabbage rolls.

I’m probably gonna overdose tonight.

Did the inlaws leave after dropping those off?

Yes, after a couple hours.

My MIL loves me (she’s one of like 3 people) and this is her way of showing it. She actually went to culinary school in Poland. Her cooking is amazing. Wonderful for my diet, too, believe me. Sometimes I’ll try telling her I’m watching what I eat, and she looks at me like I’m an alien.

Were there enough people in her class to turn on the oven?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Our over 40 softball team hasn't lost in 4 seasons. Think with the fall championship we're around 80 in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
KDdidit wrote:
Our over 40 softball team hasn't lost in 4 seasons. Think with the fall championship we're around 80 in a row.

Ever see Beer League? God I love that movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:56 pm 

denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if you dislike anything. I'm a pretty big Artie Lange fan. That movie is utter shit. Sal was correct.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Dr. Ken Jr. I got accepted to his #1 college choice this afternoon.

Many MANY bro-hugs ensued.

I-L-L

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Artie was great on Stern, and that was it. He sucked on Mad TV. Dirty Work has some funny parts, but other than that, his movies suck. His stand-up act is pretty weak. He filled big venues when he was promoted on Stern. Now, not so much.

The guy who calls Richard and Sal hacks (he is right about that) had a joke where the punchline is, the best part about being a Giants' fan, is that the Cowboys' quarterback's name rhymes with Homo.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 pm 

I rarely eat just one kind of pierogi. I will mix a bit of potato, sauerkraut and meat.

I am ok with the sweet cheese but generally dislike anything but the savory.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:07 pm 

Chus wrote:
Artie was great on Stern, and that was it. He sucked on Mad TV. Dirty Work has some funny parts, but other than that, his movies suck. His stand-up act is pretty weak. He filled big venues when he was promoted on Stern. Now, not so much.

The guy who calls Richard and Sal hacks (he is right about that) had a joke where the punchline is, the best part about being a Giants' fan, is that the Cowboys' quarterback's name rhymes with Homo.

He was really funny in The Bachelor as Chris O'Donell's best friend. He always cites movies where he played bit roles but he probably had his second most lines in a movie in The Bachelor and it was a pretty good movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:07 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if you dislike anything. I'm a pretty big Artie Lange fan. That movie is utter shit. Sal was correct.

Hah, well you're aren't paying attention. In the sports world, I hate the White Sox and Illini most notably. Pro Wrestling is an utter embarrassment. I hate the Democratic Party, and the elephants aren't far behind. I have no interest in music on any level. I hate Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, & Billy Crystal. I'd like Hawaii You to drown in the Pacific Ocean. Donald Trump is the worst to the point where I nearly voted for Hillary. Despite being Italian, I'd be ok with never eating pasta again. I hate seafood including shrimp, sushi, crab, etc, etc. IPA's are the worst.

So there's just a few things.

See but instead of constantly posting about things I haste (Illini excepted), I tend to focus on things I like. That might be where your misperception comes in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

In-laws swung by, and MIL brought a huge tray of fresh, homemade pierogis and another huge tray of cabbage rolls.

My MIL loves me (she’s one of like 3 people) and this is her way of showing it. She actually went to culinary school in Poland. Her cooking is amazing. Wonderful for my diet, too, believe me. Sometimes I’ll try telling her I’m watching what I eat, and she looks at me like I’m an alien.

I don't know. Did you feel the temperature go up?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:09 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I rarely eat just one kind of pierogi. I will mix a bit of potato, sauerkraut and meat.

I concur, but you have to have one that's your go-to, right?

Also, what are your thoughts on store-bought, frozen pierogi?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Hah, well you're aren't paying attention. In the sports world, I hate the White Sox and Illini most notably. Pro Wrestling is an utter embarrassment. I hate the Democratic Party, and the elephants aren't far behind. I have no interest in music on any level. I hate Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, & Billy Crystal. I'd like Hawaii You to drown in the Pacific Ocean. Donald Trump is the worst to the point where I nearly voted for Hillary. Despite being Italian, I'd be ok with never eating pasta again. I hate seafood including shrimp, sushi, crab, etc, etc. IPA's are the worst.

See but instead of constantly posting about things I haste (Illini excepted), I tend to focus on things I like. That might be where your misperception comes in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:15 pm 

And yes, if it wasn't obvious, I love Boyd's gifs. He never disappoints. If you don't agree, well go fuck Hawaii You. I'll pay for your plane ticket out there, one way of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 pm 

denisdman wrote:
And yes, if it wasn't obvious, I love Boyd's gifs. He never disappoints. If you don't agree, well go fuck Hawaii You. I'll pay for your plane ticket out there, one way of course.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

From an oven being turned on in Poland? Isn't that a Steven Wright bit?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
shakes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

From an oven being turned on in Poland? Isn't that a Steven Wright bit?

No, Don Tiny bit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Steven Wright bit:

I have a light switch in my house that I keep turning on and off but nothing happens.
I just got a letter in the mail from a lady in Sweden telling me to knock it off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

White Sox and wrestling and Williams and Crystal
Seafood, Hawaii You, Trump and Hillary
These are a few of my most hated things

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Wait, you are saying that you will buy me a ticket to Hawaii and all I have to do is fuck Hawaii You?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

When the Trump speaks
When the Sox play
When my beer is hoppy

I simply remember my Pulte hoooooooooommmmme and then I don't feel soooooooooo bad!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

When the Trump speaks
When the Sox play
When my beer is hoppy

I simply remember my Pulte hoooooooooommmmme and then I don't feel soooooooooo bad!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I concur, but you have to have one that's your go-to, right?

Also, what are your thoughts on store-bought, frozen pierogi?

I never really feel like I am getting some mass produced product when I buy Kasia's. It is the same product I get when I buy it fresh from her deli, in my opinion. I doubt the time from factory to store is more than a couple of days.

I cannot comment on a national, mass produced product like Mrs. T's. I don't have any need to purchase it. The other one's I have tried are all made in Chicago. They aren't as good as Kasia's when fresh and still cannot match when thawed but they do not seem to lose their quality.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I cannot comment on a national, mass produced product like Mrs. T's.

Those are trash. I'm talking absolutely dreadful and unedible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I cannot comment on a national, mass produced product like Mrs. T's.

Those are trash. I'm talking absolutely dreadful and unedible.

Yup. Really bad. I tried boiling and sautéed. Both ways were equally dreadful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 118  Next