It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 118  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I struck out 12 Special Olympic kids in slow-pitch softball yesterday in 4 innings.

IMU wrote:
Sorry your son got the Golden Sombrero, CHUSE

:lol: :lol:

Ok, this is actually pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
I struck out 12 Special Olympic kids in slow-pitch softball yesterday in 4 innings.

IMU wrote:
Sorry your son got the Golden Sombrero, CHUSE

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Swung on and belted!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
KDdidit wrote:
I struck out 12 Special Olympic kids in slow-pitch softball yesterday in 4 innings. The pitcher of the team I coach got hurt in the top of the first and we already were down a player so I mowed them down with ruthless aggression. By ruthless aggression I mean I threw strikes, which was good because we were completely overmatched and got no outs in the field and lost like 12-2.

We have one other athlete that can kind of pitch if he can move up closer, but when the other team can actually hit the ball it's too dangerous to leave him up there. It makes SO softball scheduling difficult because in sports like Volleyball and Basketball you can play better teams, and while you'll get crushed there isn't really a greater risk of getting hurt. In softball you're risking people taking it off the dome if you're playing up a division.

We played for years in a co-ed corporate league in Schaumburg. One year there was a special needs team in the league, but we didn't realize it right away. When the teams were warming up, we really didn't pay attention to the other team.

The game got started, and we knew something was "off" right away. One of our players hit a ball to right, and the right fielder pick up the grounder and proceeded to run it all the way in from right field to the pitcher with an excited grin on his face. We thought it was weird. A few batters later, someone popped up on the ball on the infield, and the pitcher proceeded to the bobble the ball like four separate times until he finally dropped it. Later in the game, someone hit a liner up the middle that literally missed the pitcher's head by inches. We were convinced the pitcher would have been in the hospital if it had hit him. He never saw or reacted to the hit.

That may have been our only win that season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
coached my team to a regular season championship and one tournament championship. Playoffs are this week. I told them no one remembers regular season champions.

We won the unification belt this weekend sweeping the playoff tournament. We beat a pretty good professional team twice to seal things.

Nice season.

Its a downer that tryouts for next year are this week.

Congrats.

I guess the catcher you had two years ago moved to a Dupage County team this year. Little Crest thought he was the best catcher that they faced all year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
coached my team to a regular season championship and one tournament championship. Playoffs are this week. I told them no one remembers regular season champions.

We won the unification belt this weekend sweeping the playoff tournament. We beat a pretty good professional team twice to seal things.

Nice season.

Its a downer that tryouts for next year are this week.

Nice.

My team ended 12-4. Lost in Semis. (who intentionally walks a 10 year old? Lots of people)

Highlight of year was probably beating a travel team that had won 62 of previous 64 games. Their parents were going nuts, coach got tossed, asst coach instructed kids "you didnt lose, the umpire lost"

Good times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I have accepted a new administrative position on my campus. One more step toward being able to have a second life filled with drugs, prostitutes and more drugs. :thumleft:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Psycory wrote:
I have accepted a new administrative position on my campus. One more step toward being able to have a second life filled with drugs, prostitutes and more drugs. :thumleft:

Marty DiBergi: What would you do if you couldn't play music anymore?
M1ck Shrimpton: Well, as long as there's, ya know, sex and drugs, I could do without the rock & roll.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:27 am 

I am a member of the African American alum society at my old school and a donor to the scholarship fund. I bought tickets for a raffle for a white sox sky box. I won. I'm sure there will be no mf'ing me when they post my pictures of the event on the website

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:13 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I am a member of the African American alum society at my old school and a donor to the scholarship fund. I bought tickets for a raffle for a white sox sky box. I won. I'm sure there will be no mf'ing me when they post my pictures of the event on the website

In.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:17 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In.

Skybox is cancelled until further notice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The second series I'm narrating premiered last night on PBS in the DC/Virginia area. Never imagined I'd get the chance to narrate two shows at once.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In.

the strip club or the game ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I played three hours of Battlefield last night without being called a racial or homophobic slur.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Bagels wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In.

the strip club or the game ?

Think the strip club is a car wash now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
The second series I'm narrating premiered last night on PBS in the DC/Virginia area. Never imagined I'd get the chance to narrate two shows at once.

Nice! The podcasts are pretty good, too. Slooooowly making my way through them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I've got big balls
I've got big balls

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He's got the biggest....BALLS OF THEM ALL!

Just don't interrupt him eating mozzarella sticks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
I just got a $600 Weber grill for $28.

A neighbor ordered a grill from Amazon. They paid a guy to assemble it. When they tried to use it, they noticed that gas was leaking. They called the guy back out & he determined it was defective. They called Amazon who sent them a new grill & told them to keep the "bad" one. They were wheeling it out to their curb to be junked when I was walking by. Got the story and said I'd take it. I spent $28 on a new gas regulator, installed it, and it works like a charm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Killer V wrote:

A neighbor ordered a grill from Amazon. They paid a guy to assemble it. When they tried to use it, they noticed that gas was leaking. They called the guy back out & he determined it was defective. They called Amazon who sent them a new grill & told them to keep the "bad" one. They were wheeling it out to their curb to be junked when I was walking by. Got the story and said I'd take it. I spent $28 on a new gas regulator, installed it, and it works like a charm.

That's killer, Killer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Killer V wrote:

Three months later...

Local man and raccoon killed in freak grill explosion. Details at 10.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Killer V Fest!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Killer V wrote:

Three months later...

Local man and raccoon killed in freak grill explosion. Details at 10.

I got to tell you that may be one of the funniest mults ever :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
0% of you will care about this.

I had a '94 9.9 HP outboard motor which was bought new for $1000. I hadn't run the motor in over a year. It fell over once in my garage and the fiberglass housing was broken leaving a 1 inch diameter hole. The handle was also broke and it needed to be fixed. I nearly threw it away just to get it out of my garage and on a whim I put it on Craigslist with a price of "Best Offer." I was completely honest about everything and said it was being sold "as is." A guy gave me $150 for the motor.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
DAC wrote:
0% of you will care about this.

I had a '94 9.9 HP outboard motor which was bought new for $1000. I hadn't run the motor in over a year. It fell over once in my garage and the fiberglass housing was broken leaving a 1 inch diameter hole. The handle was also broke and it needed to be fixed. I nearly threw it away just to get it out of my garage and on a whim I put it on Craigslist with a price of "Best Offer." I was completely honest about everything and said it was being sold "as is." A guy gave me $150 for the motor.

I would have given you 200.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not so much brag as mentioning. We went long weekend with kids for fun in the West Virginia wilderness. River fun, lake fun, hiking and white water rafting. Class five is sweet. Just a wonderful relaxing time with nature. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm 

Just realized that all 14 kids on my eldest son's in house team are all on pace to graduate from college within the next two years, or are on baseball scholarships to go for it.

I'm so proud. And happy that those kids have good parent(s)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I'm one of the few people that know that the song "Mandy" by Barry Manilow was originally named "Brandy" and recorded by Scott English when it was a success in England, however due to the success of the Looking Glass "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)", industry executives had Barry rebrand the song. Manilow's version is better, IMHO. Homer's is better with "Margie" -- "You came and you found me a turkey, on my vacation away from workie..."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
newper wrote:
I'm one of the few people that know that the song "Mandy" by Barry Manilow was originally named "Brandy" and recorded by Scott English when it was a success in England, however due to the success of the Looking Glass "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)", industry executives had Barry rebrand the song. Manilow's version is better, IMHO. Homer's is better with "Margie" -- "You came and you found me a turkey, on my vacation away from workie..."

I'm trying to imagine it sung by Groundskeeper Willie....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Just realized that all 14 kids on my eldest son's in house team are all on pace to graduate from college within the next two years, or are on baseball scholarships to go for it.

I'm so proud. And happy that those kids have good parent(s)

That is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
My youngest son, who spent 2 years not eating meat, wanted a hot dog with mustard at the Cubs game Saturday.

Then he ate 4 more yesterday at home.

Kind of weird. I think he just liked the idea of getting something from a vendor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 118  Next