It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Cutting Cable?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
it's always about sports

i could probably get by with a combo of local channels via antenna, Pluto (free) , Peacock (5.99/mo) but if you want sports you need bare minimum a YouTube or DTV type service to at least get TNT/TBS/ESPN, let alone the regional stuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

i could probably get by with a combo of local channels via antenna, Pluto (free) , Peacock (5.99/mo) but if you want sports you need bare minimum a YouTube or DTV type service to at least get TNT/TBS/ESPN, let alone the regional stuff

and you cannot get Cubs games / Marquee with these.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:10 am 

There's illegal ways to get every sport for 350

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

Which I recently learned prohibits you from being a great fan. Being a great fan costs you $20 a month.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:15 am 

Sports always shoot themselves in the foot with audience access

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Bagels wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Switched to YouTube TV from Directv Stream to save $25 a month. Only saving roughly $15 after discovering YouTube TV charges taxes -- something Directv Stream does not do. I'm pretty confident services like Netflix or Hulu don't charge taxes anywhere in the country but I'm real curious as to why one television streaming service charges taxes and another does not to the same household.

It must have something to do with where you live Ron.

cook county ?

Try Maricopa County. Seacrest is obviously right, I'm just curious after reading a few threads on Reddit -- why certain states like Arizona "code" television streaming companies differently. Why does AZ allow YouTube TV to charge tax while Directv Stream gets a pass?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
This is exactly why I'm holding on to UVerse as long as I can. I'm getting Netflix for $2 a month from T-Mobile. I refuse to buy into Hulu premium, YouTube, etc. because its a bunch of gym memberships that go up without you realizing the total cost across services. These companies are raking in the cash.

I appreciate you mentioning this. I'll have to look and see if I have an eligible T-Mobile plan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:54 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

Which I recently learned prohibits you from being a great fan. Being a great fan costs you $20 a month.

:lol:

i admire your effort here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

Added bonus!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:39 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

I already acknowledged that if you buy $10,000 of team merchandise per year you are also a great fan so please include that the next time.

$140 to watch the games OR $10,000 a year of team merchandise purchased.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Bagels wrote:
it's always about sports

I already acknowledged that if you buy $10,000 of team merchandise per year you are also a great fan so please include that the next time.

$140 to watch the games OR $10,000 a year of team merchandise purchased.

having stopped in a few team shops this past week, it wouldn't be hard to get to 10K in team merchandise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 461 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16