It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
https://youtu.be/fCgvYyZ16iU?t=25s

He's being sued in federal court by the woman he punched, who is oddly enough being referred to as the "victim", despite appearing to instigate and escalate the situation to include hand-to-face violence.

What say ye?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
she hit him in the face first... #PoCmaleprivledge

2:40am? did they all come straight from bible study to grab a bite to eat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:51 pm 

Belongs in Dicaro thread.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
thats right up there with the Cleveland bus driver incident a couple years back. You know it is unquestionably wrong what he did and that absolutely could have walked away from that situation, but somehow seeing that woman and the one on the bus bitching it up like that makes it feel just a little bit right.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:35 pm 

I have a hard time telling someone on the receiving end of two instances of battery to simply walk away and not make the perpetrator stop bettering them.

And despite what MANY are saying, the force used was not disproportionate or inappropriate: the law recognizes the need to "meet force with force" in self-defense and in Oklahoma there is no duty to retreat. The law isn't concerned with how much force was used relative to on whom it was applied, it only cares whether the belief that said force was necessary to end the threat of bodily harm or death was reasonable.

I think after getting pushed in the chest and slapped in the face, the belief that a punch to the face is sufficient to end the threat is a reasonable one.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Story comments say she dropped an n bomb on him during the confirmation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
He smacked a woman.

He's a pussy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Terry's Peeps wrote:
He smacked a woman.

He's a pussy.

You are right. But he is still in the same pile of shit if he just puts her in a head lock until authorities arrive.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
He smacked a woman.

He's a pussy.

Sexist.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
That's his first reaction from a woman's open handed slap? What a giant coward. I could maybe, almost, possibly understand if this woman came at him with a Manny Paquiao in his prime combo to the dome, but his reaction speaks to anger issues which have hopefully since been resolved.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I have a hard time telling someone on the receiving end of two instances of battery to simply walk away and not make the perpetrator stop bettering them.

And despite what MANY are saying, the force used was not disproportionate or inappropriate: the law recognizes the need to "meet force with force" in self-defense and in Oklahoma there is no duty to retreat. The law isn't concerned with how much force was used relative to on whom it was applied, it only cares whether the belief that said force was necessary to end the threat of bodily harm or death was reasonable.

I think after getting pushed in the chest and slapped in the face, the belief that a punch to the face is sufficient to end the threat is a reasonable one.

I bet you're a.... hit.... with the ladies.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
That's his first reaction from a woman's open handed slap? What a giant coward. I could maybe, almost, possibly understand if this woman came at him with a Manny Paquiao in his prime combo to the dome, but his reaction speaks to anger issues which have hopefully since been resolved.

Then when, when is it acceptable to physically defend oneself from the physical attacks of someone? If she was 3 inches taller? 15 more pounds? The problem with defining when it is acceptable to defend yourself from a woman is incredibly problematic, not just because it denies someone their own agency, but it the point at which the unacceptable becomes acceptable will be intrinsically arbitrary and unfair to certain people in certain situations.

I could also mention the dubious undertones of telling a young black man not to defend himself from the onslaught of a white woman, but I won't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:06 pm 

I just don't view a woman, even a big bitch like that, as my physical equal.

What would your reaction be if you were Joe Mixon in that situation JLN?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
https://youtu.be/fCgvYyZ16iU?t=25s

He's being sued in federal court by the woman he punched, who is oddly enough being referred to as the "victim", despite appearing to instigate and escalate the situation to include hand-to-face violence.

What say ye?

Gr8 b8 m8. I r8 8/8.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:15 am 

I'm sure he was thinking he had no duty to retreat and absolutely wasn't thinking about punching the shit outta some mouthy bitch. Yep that's probably it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He clearly should not have done it. No matter what she said or did, but I do have less sympathy for her after seeing that. She did not deserve to be knocked out, but don't start hitting people and throwing out racial slurs. Just ugly.

Anyone know the back story to this? Were they dating?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:55 am 

Come on. That was disproprtionate. You do this in every thread. He wasn't under any significant threat.

This guy can handle getting hit 30 times or more a game by guys who are huge and yet a slap means he thinks he is going to get major bodily harm?

The amount of people that take the mans side regardless is not much different than the sjw crowd.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He wasn't under any significant threat.

He had been battered, twice, by this person. Oklahoma criminal code affords him the right to "meet force with force" to make that stop. What if he had punched her, just not as hard, then, would that have been OK? If so, then you're saying his choice of response was reasonable, but he did it too well, and should have had the presence of mind to only use 50% of his power to stop the threat? That would be unreasonable.

If you're going to say he should not have touched her at all, you are saying that this young man should have allowed himself to be battered by this white girl and has no identifiable right to actively protect himself from her battery. That's great :roll:

Also, the protection of assault and battery laws, as well as self-defense laws, doesn't hinge on the size or strength of one participant relative to another. If they did, that means Joe Mixon and big, strong people everywhere are less protected by the laws proscribing the unwanted physical/violent touching of another than people who happen to be smaller. I think the Constitution says something explicitly about that...

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Well if women want equality that's part of the deal. Dont go around picking fights with large dudes, calling them n*****s, smacking them in the face and then crying victim when you get knocked out. If I did that to Joe Mixon nobody would've blamed him one bit, even though I'm about as defenseless against him as that girl was.

She got what she deserved.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Ideally, he wouldn't have knocked her the fuck out, but I'd like to ask my good friends who are calling him a piece of shit... What would you have done? Run away? What if she follows? At what point is it okay to use physical force?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:55 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

SHOTS FIRED at 312player!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:57 am 

Quote:
Joe Mixon

They said, he don't work here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:00 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
At what point is it okay to use physical force?

That's what I want to know, and for the moment I'll forget that if this was a dude that just open-handed slapped Joe Mixon, people would be laughing at his lawsuit attempt and wondering why Mixon was even charged with a crime.

But let's say that instead of an open-handed slap from her, it's a punch. It's still weak, relatively speaking, but it's a closed-fist punch at Joe Mixon's head/neck area, and he responds as we saw in the video...is that acceptable then? Because at some point, you're telling this dude that he can only protect himself from harm (a punch is harmful even if it comes from someone comparatively weaker than you) if there is a blunt-force weapon (or worse) involved, and that's just crazy talk.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:01 am 
#morethanmean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am 

As usual, Bill Burr is all over it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OID4HxaSCw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:06 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Ideally, he wouldn't have knocked her the fuck out, but I'd like to ask my good friends who are calling him a piece of shit... What would you have done? Run away? What if she follows? At what point is it okay to use physical force?

Motherfucking Diamond Cutter through the table.

Incidentally this is practically a shot for shot copy of the Leash v IMU scrap at John's.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:07 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Motherfucking Diamond Cutter through the table.

Incidentally this is practically a shot for shot copy of the Leash v IMU scrap at John's.

:lol:

You're an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
you guys are all trying to analyze this as if these are rational human beings.... it was 2:40am, they all were most likely all very drunk...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:32 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
At what point is it okay to use physical force?

That's what I want to know, and for the moment I'll forget that if this was a dude that just open-handed slapped Joe Mixon, people would be laughing at his lawsuit attempt and wondering why Mixon was even charged with a crime.

But let's say that instead of an open-handed slap from her, it's a punch. It's still weak, relatively speaking, but it's a closed-fist punch at Joe Mixon's head/neck area, and he responds as we saw in the video...is that acceptable then? Because at some point, you're telling this dude that he can only protect himself from harm (a punch is harmful even if it comes from someone comparatively weaker than you) if there is a blunt-force weapon (or worse) involved, and that's just crazy talk.

This is asinine. Who the fuck knows when it's acceptable? If someone else were there the end result could have been different.

What's the point of asking these questions? The answer is simple. No one should batter anyone. Come on man, just come out and tell us how satisfying it was to see that twat's lights go out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:41 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next