It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Getting slapped in the face and shoved will usually do that to a person. Crazy.

what exactly do you expect when you follow a woman around and stand over her?

Well for me personally , they usually just suspend my account .

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok fine. Was he justified in punching her with a closed fist because she pushed and slapped him?

1. She shoved and struck him about the neck and face. Those are both escalating crimes of battery.

2. I've answered this question like 10 times.
I'm sorry. I missed it. Can you say if he was justified or not in his actions just one more time? I don't mean to be a pain but most of the time when people say they answered this question already they really haven't or they would just do it again. I believe you though. I just can't find it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
if you watch that video and ask yourself the simple question "Did her actions merit his reaction?" and you say "yes, he was justified", I just can't understand how a well-adjusted person can think that. And if I am in the minority, then i think it explains a lot about where we are headed in our society as a whole. His punch was obviously not self-defense, it was a clear example of a man losing his temper and smashing her face in in anger.

No question about it

How do you arrive at this conclusion, given what was on video?

the magical powers of eyesight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

what exactly do you expect when you follow a woman around and stand over her?

Well for me personally , they usually just suspend my account .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
if you watch that video and ask yourself the simple question "Did her actions merit his reaction?" and you say "yes, he was justified", I just can't understand how a well-adjusted person can think that. And if I am in the minority, then i think it explains a lot about where we are headed in our society as a whole. His punch was obviously not self-defense, it was a clear example of a man losing his temper and smashing her face in in anger.

No question about it

Well, what about the images of that video painted Mixon's actions as "obviously not self-defense"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:06 pm 

Nas wrote:

No question about it

Well, what about the images of that video painted Mixon's actions as "obviously not self-defense"?

he barely held his temper before he even threw the punch when he feinted like he was going to hit her. when she slapped him he lost it and he couldnt check himself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:10 pm 

Nas wrote:

No question about it

he barely held his temper before he even threw the punch when he feinted like he was going to hit her. when she slapped him he lost it and he couldnt check himself.

And how do you differentiate between his "temper" and "trying to get the woman to stop battering him"? It seems as though whatever his ultimate response would have been, even if it was a slap or shove in return, you would say he lost his temper and "obviously wasn't trying to defend himself".

You're failing to substantiate your claim that this "obviously wasn't self-defense"? What would actual, affirmative self-defense (no retreating) have looked like?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:11 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok fine. Was he justified in punching her with a closed fist because she pushed and slapped him?

1. She shoved and struck him about the neck and face. Those are both escalating crimes of battery.

2. I've answered this question like 10 times.
I'm sorry. I missed it. Can you say if he was justified or not in his actions just one more time? I don't mean to be a pain but most of the time when people say they answered this question already they really haven't or they would just do it again. I believe you though. I just can't find it.
JLN, did you miss this? I went back and looked and couldn't find you answering this one time let alone ten. It's probably my fault though.

Can you answer it just one more time?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
JLN looking to elicit some work from the FoP.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think a strike by Mixon was a reasonable response in the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think a strike by Mixon was a reasonable response in the situation.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 pm 

And how do you differentiate between his "temper" and "trying to get the woman to stop battering him"? It seems as though whatever his ultimate response would have been, even if it was a slap or shove in return, you would say he lost his temper and "obviously wasn't trying to defend himself".

You're failing to substantiate your claim that this "obviously wasn't self-defense"? What would actual, affirmative self-defense (no retreating) have looked like?

something other than a right cross to the face of a woman. but that's just me. i would prefer the "just let it go and walk away" approach myself. but hey, she struck him first! Golden Ticket, free shot! playground rules!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:27 pm 

something other than a right cross to the face of a woman.

Would your opinion on the matter be different if the recipient were a man?

Quote:
but hey, she struck him first! Golden Ticket, free shot! playground rules!

And then again. She shoved him first, and then without a physical retort, struck him about the face and neck. It's the escalation without sufficient provocation that makes a strike to defend himself reasonable.

Finally, in your mind, what would she have had to do to warrant what we saw from Mixon on video? Is there any scenario in which his striking of her is acceptable to you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:

It takes a lot of courage to Donkey Kong punch a woman who has a quarter of your strength.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It takes a lot of courage to Donkey Kong punch a woman who has a quarter of your strength.

Don't assume her bench press gains, shitlord.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Groovy.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Groovy.

I would expect nothing less from you. Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:43 pm 

something other than a right cross to the face of a woman.

Would your opinion on the matter be different if the recipient were a man?

Quote:
but hey, she struck him first! Golden Ticket, free shot! playground rules!

And then again. She shoved him first, and then without a physical retort, struck him about the face and neck. It's the escalation without sufficient provocation that makes a strike to defend himself reasonable.

Finally, in your mind, what would she have had to do to warrant what we saw from Mixon on video? Is there any scenario in which his striking of her is acceptable to you?

in any situation if there is a way to exit without throwing a punch be it a man or woman, i take that path no matter if I am in the right or the wrong.

your second question is purely hypothetical. perhaps if she posed a grave physical threat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
We all abide by an unwritten social contract. That is indisputable. Every social animal abides by a social contract, even friends of JORR.

I am just weary of a social contract that requires one to make split-second decisions regarding the ethics of their action when they are the victim of battery. If someone is attacking you, it is hard for me to say "well, you have to weigh the threat they pose to you and react accordingly." It's a slippery slope. At what point does one go into fight or flight mode? At what point is it the defender's duty to worry about the safety of the aggressor? Clearly, we all believe women are meak, inferior beings with smaller brains, but does that preclude them from retaliation when they viciously attack a man?

From a personal perspective, I do agree that Mixon went overboard. From a legal perspective, I'm torn. What if the woman was an MMA fighter? What if she wielded a knife in her hand? Is he supposed to make these split-second decisions while someone is pummeling him? Is this guy not allowed to swing back at Rhonda Rousey?

Given the additional information about his instigation, I do truly think now that he is not a good person. But these statements that MANY make about this being black and white scare me. This is not black and white, and people have a right to defend themselves. I am uncomfortable with a social contract that says otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you defenders are full of horseshit. he followed her and was attempting to intimidate her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
We all abide by an unwritten social contract. That is indisputable. Every social animal abides by a social contract, even friends of JORR.

I am just weary of a social contract that requires one to make split-second decisions regarding the ethics of their action when they are the victim of battery. If someone is attacking you, it is hard for me to say "well, you have to weigh the threat they pose to you and react accordingly." It's a slippery slope. At what point does one go into fight or flight mode? At what point is it the defender's duty to worry about the safety of the aggressor? Clearly, we all believe women are meak, inferior beings with smaller brains, but does that preclude them from retaliation when they viciously attack a man?

From a personal perspective, I do agree that Mixon went overboard. From a legal perspective, I'm torn. What if the woman was an MMA fighter? What if she wielded a knife in her hand? Is he supposed to make these split-second decisions while someone is pummeling him? Is this guy not allowed to swing back at Rhonda Rousey?

Given the additional information about his instigation, I do truly think now that he is not a good person. But these statements that MANY make about this being black and white scare me. This is not black and white, and people have a right to defend themselves. I am uncomfortable with a social contract that says otherwise.

Just don't defend yourself too well, bubby.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:

Use commonsense. My reaction to you would be entirely different from my reaction to a 110 lb guy or MOST women. There is nothing manly about knocking out a person you know are a lot weaker than you. Especially if you don't have to. Pushing the woman away would have been more than enough if he needed to touch her. He lost control or he simply felt it was okay to knock a weak woman out. Congratulations to him. Hopefully he feels more manly. To me he looks like a pussy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
At a minimum, he should not be escalating the situation. I don't care what he says that slap did not cause him severe damage and he knew it. If he had put his hands out to stiff arm and started to back away and she still kept coming we may be having a different confrontation. He didn't have to turn around and run but backing up and being defensive was probably the safest route for him anyways since she was doing so much damage.

Instead, he escalated the violence with a closed fist and no matter what anyone says that does matter. It was a split second decision but many crimes are split second decisions and that doesn't take away the fault. He was also actively involved as the aggressor at least 3 times(returning, getting in her face, using the only verified slur).

I know you aren't really talking to me because I can list plenty of times where I think it would be acceptable to hit a woman if you really were in danger. This just wasn't one of those times.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:48 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Use commonsense. My reaction to you would be entirely different from my reaction to a 110 lb guy or MOST women. There is nothing manly about knocking out a person you know are a lot weaker than you. Especially if you don't have to. Pushing the woman away would have been more than enough if he needed to touch her. He lost control or he simply felt it was okay to knock a weak woman out. Congratulations to him. Hopefully he feels more manly. To me he looks like a pussy.

Of course. I agree with all of that. I just think that legally it's tricky.

Also, as I said, now that it has become known that he instigated a lot of it, too, I feel even less sorry for him. What he did was wrong. Period. Mine is more of a general sentiment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
At a minimum, he should not be escalating the situation. I don't care what he says that slap did not cause him severe damage and he knew it. If he had put his hands out to stiff arm and started to back away and she still kept coming we may be having a different confrontation. He didn't have to turn around and run but backing up and being defensive was probably the safest route for him anyways since she was doing so much damage.

Instead, he escalated the violence with a closed fist and no matter what anyone says that does matter. It was a split second decision but many crimes are split second decisions and that doesn't take away the fault. He was also actively involved as the aggressor at least 3 times(returning, getting in her face, using the only verified slur).

I know you aren't really talking to me because I can list plenty of times where I think it would be acceptable to hit a woman if you really were in danger. This just wasn't one of those times.

The bolded part wasn't known (at least I didn't know) until recently. It changes my perspective a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:51 pm 

He apologized today and took full responsibility. Some posts in here look silly given that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He apologized today and took full responsibility. Some posts in here look silly given that.

Why is that?

Also, the Deadspin story on this was posted 8 minutes ago :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why is that?

Huh?

I saw it on ESPN.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why is that?

Huh?

I saw it on ESPN.
To answer your question though he didn't think his behavior was justified. You do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next