It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
To answer your question though he didn't think his behavior was justified. You do.

I've said I think him responding with a strike was reasonable, and it still is. His apology changes nothing about the facts of that situation.

He also said this:

Quote:
There’s no way you should hit a female. period. Even a male. At the end of the day, there’s no way you should hit a female. Period.

Does that now mean people everywhere are precluded from defending themselves from multiple batteries?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
To answer your question though he didn't think his behavior was justified. You do.

I've said I think him responding with a strike was reasonable, and it still is. His apology changes nothing about the facts of that situation.

He also said this:

Quote:
There’s no way you should hit a female. period. Even a male. At the end of the day, there’s no way you should hit a female. Period.

Does that now mean people everywhere are precluded from defending themselves from multiple batteries?

No. But in this case he overreacted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He also said this:

Quote:

Ask Mixon if what he did was justified.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He also said this:

Quote:

So now Mixon is the ultimate arbiter of justification? Would you be appealing to his authority if he had come out and said he was justified in defending himself with a strike?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:23 am 

He has accepted he made a mistake. Now it is your turn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He has accepted he made a mistake. Now it is your turn.

Quote:
So now Mixon is the ultimate arbiter of justification? Would you be appealing to his authority if he had come out and said he was justified in defending himself with a strike?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm shocked , SHOCKED that a player who one day hopes earn his living in a league with a huge public relations problem in regards to how they handle DV might think it may be in his best interests to apologize for something even though he may truly feel he isnt at fault for.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
bad PR = when you harass a woman and then cold cock her when she pushes you away.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He also said this:

Quote:

Mixon is the arbiter of whether or not his own actions were justified. What an odd hill you've picked to die on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I'm shocked , SHOCKED that a player who one day hopes earn his living in a league with a huge public relations problem in regards to how they handle DV might think it may be in his best interests to apologize for something even though he may truly feel he isnt at fault for.

Listen to his words and evolve.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:20 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Mixon is the arbiter of whether or not his own actions were justified.

:lol: That's ludicrous. If he is the only one that can dictate whether his actions were justified, why did you even bother to weigh in on this before he spoke publicly about it?

You did, though, so could it be that whether his response was justified is discernible independent of his own rationalizations? Yes, it could be, and yes, it is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:56 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

:lol: That's ludicrous. If he is the only one that can dictate whether his actions were justified, why did you even bother to weigh in on this before he spoke publicly about it?

You did, though, so could it be that whether his response was justified is discernible independent of his own rationalizations? Yes, it could be, and yes, it is.

Dude you were the one that went on for pages about how it was possible that Mixon legitimately feared for his safety.

If you read what I wrote you'd see that I never said he was the ONLY one who could decide whether or not his actions were reasonable. He just happens to be the best person to do so because he was, you know, the guy who was actually there.

I'm not even clear what you age trying to say anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:10 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Dude you were the one that went on for pages about how it was possible that Mixon legitimately feared for his safety.

If you read what I wrote you'd see that I never said he was the ONLY one who could decide whether or not his actions were reasonable. He just happens to be the best person to do so because he was, you know, the guy who was actually there.

I'm not even clear what you age trying to say anymore.

Where in his statement did he say that he didn't fear for his safety? Or that what he said to police about how the slap/strike rung his bell or felt as though it came from a man was bullshit? I must have missed that, because all I saw was him apologizing and repeating the asinine "you never hit a woman" over and over. If you really want to put a fine point on it: he never said what he did wasn't justified, either. He said "I reacted wrong".

Now, I don't know why his attorney let him go out and say even that much, considering he's being sued by the girl, but "I reacted wrong" decidedly isn't "I didn't fear for my safety and my statement to police was bullshit".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:35 pm 

Wow.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wow.

I feel like JLN prays for the day he gets shoved by a drunk sorority girl.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
SpiralStairs wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He also said this:

Quote:

Mixon is the arbiter of whether or not his own actions were justified. What an odd hill you've picked to die on.

You better hope no one really tries to deconstruct this argument, you homewrecker. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:02 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He also said this:

Quote:

You better hope no one really tries to deconstruct this argument, you homewrecker. :wink:

I got my wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas and she's fucking pissed. My line about me being the arbiter of what gift I thought was appropriate to give went over like a lead balloon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He wasn't under any significant threat.

He had been battered, twice, by this person. Oklahoma criminal code affords him the right to "meet force with force" to make that stop. What if he had punched her, just not as hard, then, would that have been OK? If so, then you're saying his choice of response was reasonable, but he did it too well, and should have had the presence of mind to only use 50% of his power to stop the threat? That would be unreasonable.

If you're going to say he should not have touched her at all, you are saying that this young man should have allowed himself to be battered by this white girl and has no identifiable right to actively protect himself from her battery. That's great :roll:

Also, the protection of assault and battery laws, as well as self-defense laws, doesn't hinge on the size or strength of one participant relative to another. If they did, that means Joe Mixon and big, strong people everywhere are less protected by the laws proscribing the unwanted physical/violent touching of another than people who happen to be smaller. I think the Constitution says something explicitly about that...
Page 1 of this thread.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This would be a lot more credible if you didn't also defend men who plead guilty.

What does this have to do with pleading out to a suspended sentence with a future NFL career on the line?
You can't be selective about "due process".

When someone gets it and admits guilt you can't say "He's lying!" and then complain these men did not get "due process" and act like that means they were wronged.

:lol: WHUUUUUT?

The Mixon discussion never had to do with due process, it never had to do with him being charged, nor his pleading.

Be better. Do better.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:55 am 

And...where is the part about due process of law?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
given how many people are quick to say "He was never charged!", well, "She was never charged!".

And she absolutely should have been.

Mixon got his "due process". He plead guilty. He admitted he was wrong after the fact too in a press conference.

He clearly got his "due process" and "due process" indicates he was wrong. Why don't you accept he was wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
given how many people are quick to say "He was never charged!", well, "She was never charged!".

Mixon got his "due process". He plead guilty. He admitted he was wrong after the fact too in a press conference.

He clearly got his "due process" and "due process" indicates he was wrong. Why don't you accept he was wrong?

I never denied that Mixon broke her face, and he did get due process after being charged with a crime of "gross bodily harm", again, a fact I never denied. You are really, really, bad at this. I'd put you on ignore if it wasn't so funny. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:06 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I never denied that Mixon broke her face, and he did get due process after being charged with a crime of "gross bodily harm", again, a fact I never denied. You are really, really, bad at this. I'd put you on ignore if it wasn't so funny. :lol:
Well, you said it had nothing to do with him being charged. I have proven that false.

You can try and squirm your way out of the rest of it and then throw in the "I'd ignore you!" distraction all you want but I doubt many are buying it.

It's ok though. Mixon thinks he was wrong. You can admit he was wrong too!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well, you said it had nothing to do with him being charged. I have proven that false.

By posting a quote of me talking about how the female should have been charged? Mixon's due process rights are/were not impacted by her charging.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

By posting a quote of me talking about how the female should have been charged? Mixon's due process rights are/were not impacted by her charging.
We talked about who was charged and who wasn't. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 am 

BRick, do you...understand what due process is? I mean not substantive, but merely procedural.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:24 am 

BRick, do you...understand what due process is? I mean not substantive, but merely procedural.

I do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:44 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I do.

Thank you for your input.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Going pro. What team will bite the bullet and face the SJW wrath? I'm going Cowboys, Raiders, or Bengals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:10 pm 

May be time for the last holdouts to accept Mixon was wrong.

http://deadspin.com/woman-punched-by-joe-mixon-says-argument-was-incited-by-1792201184

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
May be time for the last holdouts to accept Mixon was wrong.

http://deadspin.com/woman-punched-by-joe-mixon-says-argument-was-incited-by-1792201184

Fake news. Sad!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next