It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
How the confrontation was "restarted" is irrelevant, that's akin to saying he "was asking for it" and should just allow himself to be battered. She escalated twice, from non-violence to violence, then from a shove to a strike. Whatever you want to call it--instinct, aforethought, whatever--the notion that she posed a threat as demonstrated by her willingness to escalate, and continue the escalation was a reasonable one, and furthermore a closed-fist strike was a reasonable means to end the threat from a person with likely no training in combat force proportionality and no duty to retreat.
You were factually incorrect about him walking away and coming back by the alleged slur so don't pretend it is now irrelevant when his own words indicate he started up the confrontation again.

The rest of your post is just pointless deflection of the point that he responded in a way that was unnecessary given the logical expectation of serious harm. If he truly feared for his safety from this woman he would not have returned, would not have gotten in her face, and would have went to the hospital to deal with the severe injuries he claims he got from the slap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Spaulding wrote:
If you hit somebody, chances are they'll hit you back. If you don't want to be hit, don't hit anybody. Pretty good rules to live by.

Not the ladies in this thread. They will ask you to stop as they skip away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
This may have something to do with it.

The woman and her friend said that Mixon and other athletes were harassing her friend, because he was gay. They said Mixon followed them inside the restaurant to continue to harass them. .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
How the confrontation was "restarted" is irrelevant, that's akin to saying he "was asking for it" and should just allow himself to be battered. She escalated twice, from non-violence to violence, then from a shove to a strike. Whatever you want to call it--instinct, aforethought, whatever--the notion that she posed a threat as demonstrated by her willingness to escalate, and continue the escalation was a reasonable one, and furthermore a closed-fist strike was a reasonable means to end the threat from a person with likely no training in combat force proportionality and no duty to retreat.
You were factually incorrect about him walking away and coming back by the alleged slur so don't pretend it is now irrelevant when his own words indicate he started up the confrontation again.

The rest of your post is just pointless deflection of the point that he responded in a way that was unnecessary given the logical expectation of serious harm. If he truly feared for his safety from this woman he would not have returned, would not have gotten in her face, and would have went to the hospital to deal with the severe injuries he claims he got from the slap.

So wait, he should have known to be fearful of her before she escalated to violence? It's really his fault for his lack of omniscience? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 pm 

So wait, he should have known to be fearful of her before she escalated to violence? It's really his fault for his lack of omniscience? :lol:
If I have a confrontation with a person who I believe can cause me serious harm, and then that ends, I don't go back and start up a second confrontation with that person.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
if you watch that video and ask yourself the simple question "Did her actions merit his reaction?" and you say "yes, he was justified", I just can't understand how a well-adjusted person can think that. And if I am in the minority, then i think it explains a lot about where we are headed in our society as a whole. His punch was obviously not self-defense, it was a clear example of a man losing his temper and smashing her face in in anger.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If I have a confrontation with a person who I believe can cause me serious harm, and then that ends, I don't go back and start up a second confrontation with that person.

Ok, so you think he was asking to get battered. Got it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:41 pm 

It appears that this confrontation had been taking place earlier and he followed her into the restaurant. He comes up to her and is standing there menacingly -- why I wonder?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Stop deflecting. This is a discussion if he believed she could cause him serious harm. He doesn't go confront her a second time if he really felt that.

She was wrong to push and slap him but he took it to another level all in the name of "defense" when clearly this was not a defensive move.

The police seemed to agree. She was never charged!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
man of few opinions wrote:
if you watch that video and ask yourself the simple question "Did her actions merit his reaction?" and you say "yes, he was justified", I just can't understand how a well-adjusted person can think that. And if I am in the minority, then i think it explains a lot about where we are headed in our society as a whole. His punch was obviously not self-defense, it was a clear example of a man losing his temper and smashing her face in in anger.

He wasn't justified. I don't think most people believe that he was.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:45 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Stop deflecting. This is a discussion if he believed she could cause him serious harm. He doesn't go confront her a second time if he really felt that.

She doesn't go home with him if she really thought he would rape her! Just stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:48 pm 

She doesn't go home with him if she really thought he would rape her! Just stop.
So much deflection it is comical at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Can we get an idea where eveyone stands?

JLN and leash think he was justified in punching her.

BRick, kdiddit, myself, Ron Harper, Spiral, mofo, Robert Chief, and others think he was not justified in punching her.

Spaulding thinks BRick is an asshole.

Is that eveybody?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Terry's Peeps wrote:

BRick, kdiddit, myself, Ron Harper, Spiral, mofo, Robert Chief, and others think he was not justified in punching her.

Is that eveybody?

:lol:

I have never said anything remotely close to that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Is that eveybody?

:lol:

I have never said anything remotely close to that.

Sure....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Sounds like the poor little innocent waif who started the battery coulda used some deflection from Mixon amirite?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm 

BRick, you're arguing that it is impossible for Mixon to actually have felt in danger of harm after being shoved and struck, because he followed the girl into the restaurant [to tell her that it wasn't cool that she blew smoke in his face, but her belief that he and his buddies were going to "jump" her group was in error]. That's laughable.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:56 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Sounds like the poor little innocent waif who started the battery coulda used some deflection from Mixon amirite?

D20 roll to deflect damage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 pm 

BRick, you're arguing that it is impossible for Mixon to actually have felt in danger of harm after being shoved and struck, because he followed the girl into the restaurant [to tell her that it wasn't cool that she blew smoke in his face, but her belief that he and his buddies were going to "jump" her group was in error]. That's laughable.
It's just another reason to believe he didn't feel that she was a serious threat to his safety.

So, just to be clear, you believe these two things:
1) When he was walking into that restaurant to confront her he thought she had a strong ability to cause him serious harm.
2) He was justified in breaking her face because of #1.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's just another reason to believe he didn't feel that she was a serious threat to his safety.

So, just to be clear, you believe these two things:
1) When he was walking into that restaurant to confront her he thought she had a strong ability to cause him serious harm.
2) He was justified in breaking her face because of #1.

No. He had a reasonable fear of harm because she battered him. Twice. And the violence of each battery was escalating. Is this really that hard for you to comprehend?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 pm 

So, he was justified in breaking her face because she pushed and slapped him?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm 

you go BRick. Tell 'em. :lol:

First time in my life I ever thought that. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So, he was justified in breaking her face because she pushed and slapped him?

Striking how people's verbiage changes when they're arguing one side versus the other.

"Punch" becomes "break her face" for Mixon.

"Battery" becomes "her actions/what she did", "shoved" becomes "pushed" and "strike" becomes "slap" for the girl.

Which set of words more accurately describes what we can see on video? Because when you say "break her face" you imply that he had some sort of intent to achieve that specific end, which is not indicated by anything. At all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm 

Ok fine. Was he justified in punching her with a closed fist because she pushed and slapped him?

There is certainly a motive for him to inflict pain on her according to his own words but let's get that first thing settled first.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:30 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok fine. Was he justified in punching her with a closed fist because she pushed and slapped him?

1. She shoved and struck him about the neck and face. Those are both escalating crimes of battery.

2. I've answered this question like 10 times.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

No question about it

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:35 pm 

Getting slapped in the face and shoved will usually do that to a person. Crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:35 pm 

Nas wrote:

No question about it

How do you arrive at this conclusion, given what was on video?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

what exactly do you expect when you follow a woman around and stand over her?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:37 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

what exactly do you expect when you follow a woman around and stand over her?

Well for me personally , they usually just suspend my account .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next