It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Torture Video
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Back on topic for a moment.
The boys parents set up a PO Box for him for people who would like to send notes or valentine's cards. The wife and I are sending him a happy new year card and in a few weeks a valentine's day card and maybe a little something for him too.
Anyway the po box is...
Justice for Austin
Po box 641
Cary il 60013

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:
i'm not trying to modify it. racism, as it's defined, is a belief. institutionalizing it is what happened here, south africa, among other places in the world.

i'm not trying to come up with a new phrase. i'm just going back to what KV pointed out.

I understand. But that's the whole point. There has never been an American belief that blacks were a superior race, thus it would be impossible for such belief to be institutionalized in America.

I think the real issue here is not what words we use, but the way in which we're using them. If the goal in stating that blacks cannot be racist in America is to absolve blacks of bad behavior and reinforce a culture of victimhood, I can certainly understand the pushback. It's very difficult to discuss this outside of politics.

Right and I think that there is some legitimacy to the argument that blacks are looking to be absolved of bad behavior. That is not my point and I have been consistent about holding blacks accountable. Not just with thread but others also.

However there is a counter made which attempts to equate white racism with black discrimination that I find equally disturbing. If blacks are racist then in what arena is it manifested?

How does black racism appear? In what form is it shaped?

White racism doesn't have such ambiguity or nuance. The individual racism encountered by blacks is accompanied by institutional racism.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:34 pm 

I love how you guys are saying others are misusing the word racism while arguing it isn't the dictionary definition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
You're making an unnecessary leap though. No one came close to saying all white people are racist.

Edit: JORR doesn't even believe the first statement.

I believe I have made the statement that all whites are racist, but that was really just shorthand on a message board. It's not a statement about anyone's personal beliefs. It's about benefiting from established structures without really giving it a second thought. I think acknowledging that such structures exist is what the kids call "getting woke".

I don't believe LTG really cares about the personal viewpoints of Donald Trump. In fact, he just stated as much. Trump could love black people more than anyone or hate them with his every fiber and it's immaterial until he uses policy created by Jeff Sessions and others to bolster racist structures.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
You're making an unnecessary leap though. No one came close to saying all white people are racist.

Edit: JORR doesn't even believe the first statement.

I believe I have made the statement that all whites are racist, but that was really just shorthand on a message board. It's not a statement about anyone's personal beliefs. It's about benefiting from established structures without really giving it a second thought. I think acknowledging that such structures exist is what the kids call "getting woke".

I don't believe LTG really cares about the personal viewpoints of Donald Trump. In fact, he just stated as much. Trump could love black people more than anyone or hate them with his every fiber and it's immaterial until he uses policy created by Jeff Sessions and others to bolster racist structures.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Darkside wrote:
and maybe a little something for him too.

A Polaroid of your dong?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

A Polaroid of your dong?

I was thinking maybe a gift card.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Darkside wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Darkside wrote:

A Polaroid of your dong?

I was thinking maybe a gift card.

Why not both?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:01 pm 

Whatever the motivation of these 4 individuals may have been the fact remains that this special needs child was brutalized and suffered trauma that would fuck any one of us up for life. If there's something we can do to put a small amount of joy into his day I'll try. His folks said he likes valentine's day cards.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
What I find incredibly frustrating and insulting is the need by MANY for blacks here and outside of this board to prove that we aren't some narrow-minded bigots that believe all white people are evil and that black people are always the innocent victims of their evil. In addition to that unnecessarily jumping to conclusions about things that were never said in an attempt to label that black person as a narrow-minded bigot that believes all white people are evil and that blacks are always the innocent victims of their evil.

We as blacks frequently get "What do you think about this awful thing this black person did or that awful thing that black person said?" "Was that racist?" If we disagree we are only disagreeing because the person is black. If we agree then we move on to the next question and phase of the test. The ultimate goal is to get us to change our minds about whatever it was we were originally debating or possibly to say white people are the real victims.

What makes it frustrating is that the same people would cry bloody murder if a black person tried get them to prove they aren't racist. They would be pissed if a black person demanded that they feel the same way that black person does about particular issues or use the same words that black person is using. If they didn't to learn their opinions will automatically be invalidated because they must be racist.

I've taken that test more times than I would like here and MANY other places in an effort to not have my thoughts dismissed. Hell I have given myself the test without being asked. I've watched others take the same test MANY times and after seeing LTG do it yesterday I've had enough of it. It's bullshit and it's lazy.

It wasn't enough for LTG to rightly believe that this racially motivated attack was wrong and that the offenders should be "severely" punished. LTG needed to believe that as well as believe they and other blacks are/can be racist to avoid the label. When he didn't he got the narrow-minded bigot label and a short leap in logic was taken by accusing him of calling all white people racist.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
If the roles were reversed, you people would be up in arms and having marches and crying for months.

Did I do it right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:
i'm not trying to modify it. racism, as it's defined, is a belief. institutionalizing it is what happened here, south africa, among other places in the world.

i'm not trying to come up with a new phrase. i'm just going back to what KV pointed out.

I understand. But that's the whole point. There has never been an American belief that blacks were a superior race, thus it would be impossible for such belief to be institutionalized in America.

I think the real issue here is not what words we use, but the way in which we're using them. If the goal in stating that blacks cannot be racist in America is to absolve blacks of bad behavior and reinforce a culture of victimhood, I can certainly understand the pushback. It's very difficult to discuss this outside of politics.

Right and I think that there is some legitimacy to the argument that blacks are looking to be absolved of bad behavior. That is not my point and I have been consistent about holding blacks accountable. Not just with thread but others also.

However there is a counter made which attempts to equate white racism with black discrimination that I find equally disturbing. If blacks are racist then in what arena is it manifested?

How does black racism appear? In what form is it shaped?

White racism doesn't have such ambiguity or nuance. The individual racism encountered by blacks is accompanied by institutional racism.

Of course you have. For about the first year you became active I thought you were claiming to be black so you can do an Elmhurst Steve bit. MANY people applauded your criticisms of blacks and the black community. Now some of the same people are attempting to label you as some racist or bigot because of your views on Trump and the word racist. It's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
If the roles were reversed, you people would be up in arms and having marches and crying for months.

Did I do it right?

Definitely!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:43 pm 

Nas wrote:
What I find incredibly frustrating and insulting is the need by MANY for blacks here and outside of this board to prove that we aren't some narrow-minded bigots that believe all white people are evil and that black people are always the innocent victims of their evil. In addition to that unnecessarily jumping to conclusions about things that were never said in an attempt to label that black person as a narrow-minded bigot that believes all white people are evil and that blacks are always the innocent victims of their evil.

Sounds very similar to something I posted on election night about how white republican voters (read: Trump supporters) being assumed to be racist narcissistic egotistical bigots and having to somehow prove otherwise... I was mocked for saying that

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:46 pm 

Nas wrote:

We as blacks frequently get "What do you think about this awful thing this black person did or that awful thing that black person said?" "Was that racist?" If we disagree we are only disagreeing because the person is black. If we agree then we move on to the next question and phase of the test. The ultimate goal is to get us to change our minds about whatever it was we were originally debating or possibly to say white people are the real victims.

What makes it frustrating is that the same people would cry bloody murder if a black person tried get them to prove they aren't racist. They would be pissed if a black person demanded that they feel the same way that black person does about particular issues or use the same words that black person is using. If they didn't to learn their opinions will automatically be invalidated because they must be racist.

I've taken that test more times than I would like here and MANY other places in an effort to not have my thoughts dismissed. I've watched others take the same test MANY times and after seeing LTG do it yesterday I've had enough of it. It's bullshit and it's lazy.

It wasn't enough for LTG to rightly believe that this racially motivated attack was wrong and that the offenders should be "severely" punished. LTG needed to believe that as well as believe they and other blacks are/can be racist to avoid the label. When he didn't he got the narrow-minded bigot label and a short leap in logic was taken by accusing him of calling all white people racist.

I referenced this particular issue at least 5 times during the campaign to demonstrate Trump's racism and not once did any of the people that are currently bashing me or have bashed me ever feel the need to comment about it. In fact some blatantly stated that that Trump's racism didn't matter. Some of them tried to twist it into me calling them racist which I didn't. They even implied that I called them racist because they support the guy. Never said that either.

If you really want to know the hypocrisy in it all you find it in the Central Park Jogger case. 5 minority guys falsely imprisoned with Trump openly leading the campaign to not only have them locked up but put to death. Not one person on here ever commented on how fucked up it was, or that Trump was fucked up for doing what he did.

Not one. It was either pooh poohed, ignored, Hillaried, or focus placed on me. Not to diminish what that kid went through but this was worse and not one person called Trump out for his role in having these 5 people imprisoned.

I often disagree with tactics of race hustlers. Me and you have gone a few rounds with it too Nas. One thing race hustlers get is that if they don't keep the fight going no one else will. People will simply ignore it or politicize for the purpose of ignoring it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 87400386fa

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've taken that test more times than I would like here and MANY other places in an effort to not have my thoughts dismissed. I've watched others take the same test MANY times and after seeing LTG do it yesterday I've had enough of it. It's bullshit and it's lazy.

I referenced this particular issue at least 5 times during the campaign to demonstrate Trump's racism and not once did any of the people that are currently bashing me or have bashed me ever feel the need to comment about it. In fact some blatantly stated that that Trump's racism didn't matter. Some of them tried to twist it into me calling them racist which I didn't. They even implied that I called them racist because they support the guy. Never said that either.

If you really want to know the hypocrisy in it all you find it in the Central Park Jogger case. 5 minority guys falsely imprisoned with Trump openly leading the campaign to not only have them locked up but put to death. Not one person on here ever commented on how fucked up it was or that Trump was fucked up for doing what he did.

Not one it was either pooh poohed, ignored, Hillaried, or focused on placed on me. Not to diminish what that kid went through but this was worse and not one person called Trump out for his role in having this 5 people imprisoned.

I often disagree with tactics of race hustlers. Me and you have gone a few rounds with it too Nas. One thing race hustlers get is that if they don't keep the fight going no one else will. People will simply ignore it or politicize for the purpose of ignoring it.

Yeah but Hillary and her emails.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:48 pm 

It's ironic how the white people are branded as the racists and statistically black on white crime is much more common than the reverse. I guess crime stats don't get reported because they don't fit the narrative.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

If you really want to know the hypocrisy in it all you find it in the Central Park Jogger case. 5 minority guys falsely imprisoned with Trump openly leading the campaign to not only have them locked up but put to death. Not one person on here ever commented on how fucked up it was or that Trump was fucked up for doing what he did.

Not one it was either pooh poohed, ignored, Hillaried, or focused on placed on me. Not to diminish what that kid went through but this was worse and not one person called Trump out for his role in having this 5 people imprisoned.

Pooh pooher Number 1 is right here for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
It's ironic how the white people are branded as the racists and statistically black on white crime is much more common than the reverse. I guess crime stats don't get reported because they don't fit the narrative.

Are crime stats micro- or macro-level?

(Also, there are MANY more white people in this country than any other minority, so crime stats need to account for that for both the perps of "white on...crime" and victims of "...on white crime", I don't think that most do)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Stir the pot Drake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:

Well, you have to understand long time guy is in the CSFMB Shit Thoughts Hall of Fame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Let me get this straight. We have four hundred years of slavery, another hundred of Jim Crow, blacks forced into ghettos or warehoused in segregated high rises and punished economically, all at the hands of white people. And when black people resort to crime at a higher rate after all of that, white people are indignant? That's the very definition of audacity.

People are people. I don't believe blacks are morally superior. But the actions of whites have certainly provided a lot of facts to support an argument that they are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:20 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:

you were saying, Peeps?

i think LTG has held his own quite well on this board. he's been hammered like hell a lot on stuff and he's always been sound and level headed in his retorts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Let me get this straight. We have four hundred years of slavery, another hundred of Jim Crow, blacks forced into ghettos or warehoused in segregated high rises and punished economically, all at the hands of white people. And when black people resort to crime at a higher rate after all of that, white people are indignant? That's the very definition of audacity.

People are people. I don't believe blacks are morally superior. But the actions of whites have certainly provided a lot of facts to support an argument that they are.

Joe,once again the 400 years thing is total bullshit. 400 years is longer than North America has been settled by Europeans. Also,SLavery was not just perpetrated by whites on b l a c is,blackzs would sell other blacks o the slavers for profit. It is a proven fact.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

chaspoppcap wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Joe,once again the 400 years thing is total bullshit. 400 years is longer than North America has been settled by Europeans. Also,SLA dry was not just perpetrated by whites on b l a c is,blackzs wouldnsell other blacks o the slavers for profit. It is a proven fact.

It's not bullshit. Who do you think was cutting cane on Hispaniola in the 1500s?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Joe,once again the 400 years thing is total bullshit. 400 years is longer than North America has been settled by Europeans. Also,SLA dry was not just perpetrated by whites on b l a c is,blackzs wouldnsell other blacks o the slavers for profit. It is a proven fact.

It's not bullshit. Who do you think was cutting cane on Hispaniola in the 1500s?

Is that part of the USA?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Nas wrote:

Now who's making shit up?

Nobody labeled ltg anything. He made several comments and I wanted to try to understand what he was saying and where he was coming from.

My comments had nothing to do with the 4 abusers. I thought ltg stated his thoughts on that pretty clearly (though some apparently didn't). But please tell me how I misinterpreted this:

long time guy wrote:
Racism at its very core is a denial of access. Whites have the power to deny blacks access to any entity for which they seek. Blacks don't have such power to do the same. Blacks can be biased, prejudiced, discriminatory but their biases do not systematically deny whites anything. That is the fundamental difference.

Again, I wasn't trying to incite. I was/am trying to understand his viewpoint. I don't believe he wants me dead because I'm white any more than the reverse. I really think it's a case of semantics. We clearly have a difference of opinion of the definition of the word racism. I think that's what it boils down to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Pooh pooher Number 1 is right here for you.

I'm not even in the top 5.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I do believe there's a lot of emotion in this thread over whst seems to me to be a semantical argument. Aren't you essentially just arguing over the definition of the word racist? I'm not making light of it... just saying I don't think everyone's opinions are that far apart.

Edit: I mean normal people, not DrakeLarrieta who seems like he's probably a trustee for the Westboro Baptist Church.

Last edited by leashyourkids on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

chaspoppcap wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:

Is that part of the USA?

Are you advocating cancelling Columbus Day?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next