It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Torture Video
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
chaspoppcap wrote:
Been what 3 days and where is Phelger? Fucking asshole.

MY GUY!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:24 am 

Four years probation for the girl who live streamed the attack.

Woman pleads guilty to hate crime in beating of disabled teen live on Facebook
Megan Crepeau

A Chicago woman who live-streamed video of the racially charged beating of a teen with mental disabilities pleaded guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to four years of probation.

Brittany Covington, 19, has been in custody since her arrest in January.

Calling the incident “horrific,” Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks banned Covington from social media over the four years, prohibited her from contact with two of her co-defendants and ordered her to do 200 hours of community service.

Hooks told Covington he could have imposed a prison sentence but added, “I’m not sure if I did that you’d be coming out any better.”

Hooks said he hoped the strict terms of probation would put Covington on a more productive life path, but he warned she would face prison time if she violated any of the restrictions.

“Do not mess this up,” Hooks told Covington, who stood quietly in a blue jail uniform with her hands clasped behind her back.

The 19-year-old also pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and intimidation charges. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped additional charges, including kidnapping.

Facebook Live video posted on Jan. 3, 2017, shows the verbal and physical attack of a mentally disabled man. The Chicago Tribune edited this video to protect the victim's identity and for time.

The video, which sparked national outrage, focuses often on Covington’s face. She smokes what appears to be a blunt — a cigar stuffed with marijuana — while narrating some of the action.

Three others were charged in the incident: alleged ringleader Jordan Hill, 19, as well as Tesfaye Cooper, 19, and Covington’s sister, Tanishia, 25. Their cases are still pending.

The video, posted in January, shows the four — who are all African-American — cutting the 18-year-old white victim's scalp with a knife, punching and kicking him and laughing as he was bound and gagged in an apartment on Chicago's West Side.

The gruesome video drew condemnation from many, including then-President Barack Obama. Right-wing pundits used it as a rallying cry, tying it without evidence to the Black Lives Matter movement and blaming permissive policing.
Scene of Facebook Live attack

Among the abuse seen on the Facebook video, prosecutors have said, is one of the women laughing as she punches the teen; a male foot on the victim's head; the teen groaning in pain as a male pulls a cord around his neck; and the victim screaming in fear when a male approaches with a knife, saying, "Should I shank his a--?"

At one point, prosecutors said, Hill and Cooper ordered the victim into a bathroom and forced him to drink water from the toilet.

The teen was bound and gagged, a sock placed in his mouth and his lips taped shut. With the knife, Hill then cut a chunk of the victim's hair, cutting his head, and stabbed him in the left forearm, prosecutors have said.

The victim, who prosecutors said has schizophrenia and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, was able to flee the building when the four co-defendants left the apartment to confront neighbors who had complained about the noise, prosecutors have said.

He was treated at a hospital for cuts to his head, face and body as well as a stab wound to his left arm, authorities said.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:49 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Prison or no prison this person will never reform. She should have gotten hard time.

I know /pol/ and the online proficient parts of the alt right will catch this witch the minute she appears on the gram or snap chat. Then with any luck she is back in jail.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
wow the justice system sure hares black people...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:01 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't know what good the "hate crime" appellation does. They're going to get hit hard for this either way.

Yeah, they're fucked.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:01 am 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Well black people cant be racist so.... no hate crime? Fuck these idiots.

You are aware that blacks can be charged with hate crime? Why do you feel like blacks are treated better than a guy like you?

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:04 am 

chaspoppcap wrote:
The AG better not let these scum plea down.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Just saw this, disgusting disturbing and deserving of a little outside justice imo

Ok RR since inside justice has failed let's see you administer some outside reckoning.

I won't hold my breath. This girl will be welcomed as a hero.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:20 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
This video makes me long for ISIS's slick production values. Well, they'll go to prison for a while. Dumbasses.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
People aren't inherently good or evil. IMO, there is no such thing as good or evil. There are things that we as a society find reprehensible (this being one of them) and therefore we don't allow it/deal out punishment for it. People evolved to stay alive and multiply. That's it. We just happen to be a species whose intelligence hit a tipping point and we became able to function cognitively at a much higher level. We use reason to try and understand what is best for the whole. We can feel empathy toward our fellow man (well, some can). At the end of the day, the human mind and every animal mind is incredibly complex and the compulsion to do or not do certain things have been baked by millions of years of evolution as well as environmental factors. We gain more understanding of these things every day, but there is a ton we don't know.

The point, anyway, is that these behaviors cannot be accepted because we as a civilized people have agreed that they can't. It is semantics to say whether it is good or evil or people are generally good or evil. It all depends on the person, the situation, the environment, and their genetics.

This makes me sick to my stomach, BTW. What I'm saying is in no way a defense of the behavior... I'm just saying there's no explanation for the behavior that we can boil down into simplistic reasons.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:24 am 

Nas wrote:
It should be severe. They were cowards that kidnapped a disabled kid and beat and tortured him because he was white. There shouldn't be any slaps on the wrist. I consider it to be a racist attack but the targeting of one of our weakest members of society makes it much worse.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:25 am 

long time guy wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Not exactly. I have no problems calling blacks out on our bullshit too. I don't absolve blacks when they are on bullshit. I was raised with too many that fit the description. In a number of instances we've created excuses where they don't exist. Conversely some grievances are legit.

When you refuse to say this instance was a racist hate filled action, to somebody like me, you are absolving those 4 teens, are not calling them out, and creating an excuse.

If 4 white people kidnapped and beat up a black kid that is...what?

I already stated that this was a racially motivated event a few pages up and I also stated that they should be punished severely so I don't know what you are talking about.

I don't know about severely. Hate to write off this many young people. It more seemed to be looking for attention rather than a desire to really hurt the guy. I hate that the right wing will latch onto this story as some shining example of black racism and really stir up the shit kickers. Nothing good to come of this at all, but I do not doubt that there will be more instances of live broadcasting crimes for a thrill in the near future.

I think the imprisonment will be the more serious charge.

LOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This is the worst case of TRIGGERED I’ve ever seen

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:

I think this is Called Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 am 

I don't know what is worse, this matter or the queer extent to which America has been triggered.

Guy, please go get a hug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
America wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
This video makes me long for ISIS's slick production values. Well, they'll go to prison for a while. Dumbasses.

LOL

Cases still pending, homeslice.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
conns7901 wrote:
Four years probation for the girl who live streamed the attack.

Woman pleads guilty to hate crime in beating of disabled teen live on Facebook
Megan Crepeau

A Chicago woman who live-streamed video of the racially charged beating of a teen with mental disabilities pleaded guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to four years of probation.

8 years in the slam for one of the dudes.Must be that male privilege I keep hearing about. #MeToo

A man involved in the beating of a mentally disabled Chicago man that was streamed on Facebook Live pleaded guilty on Thursday, according the state's attorney.

Jordan Hill, 20, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated kidnapping and one count of a hate crime, according to Cook County state's attorney Tandra Simonton. Both crimes are felonies. He was sentenced to eight years in prison, Simonton said.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 am 

he'll be out in 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js

The sad thing is, these are adults....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:26 pm 

racially motivated kidnapping and torture is only 8 years in prison (of which I'll be shocked if he serves more than half)

dont forget guys the justice system is rigged against black people lmao

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14