It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flying
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I've reached the point of my life where all I care about is being comfortable in all aspects. That obviously extends to clothing.

As for plane attire, if I'm going somewhere warm I wear golf shorts, sneakers and an untucked polo. If I'm going somewhere cold substitute lululemon black sweats for the shorts.

No need to wear uncomfortable clothes to sit in a chair taking a nap and playing on the ipad for several hours.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:
I've reached the point of my life where all I care about is being comfortable in all aspects. That obviously extends to clothing.

As for plane attire, if I'm going somewhere warm I wear golf shorts, sneakers and an untucked polo. If I'm going somewhere cold substitute lululemon black sweats for the shorts.

No need to wear uncomfortable clothes to sit in a chair taking a nap and playing on the ipad for several hours.

First it was no-check hockey. Now Lululemon. I'm starting to think you come here to pick up dudes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:22 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

First it was no-check hockey. Now Lululemon. I'm starting to think you come here to pick up dudes.

-says someone who has clearly never been in a Lululemon store. Being in a lululemon store might be the least gay thing a man can do with his clothes on. When they told me I had to come back a 2nd time because the pants had to be tailored I was hoping they would screw it up so I had to come back as many times as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
shakes wrote:
I've reached the point of my life where all I care about is being comfortable in all aspects.

shakes meant wrote:
I've given up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I wouldn't say you should dress like slobs but you also shouldn't choose one of the most uncomfortable types of dress we have.

Nobody is asking you to fly in a hair shirt. It's really not too much to ask a man to wear a jacket. All of the informality leads to toenail clipping and reclining into people's laps. I guarantee if the social standard on a plane was jackets for men and skirts/dresses for women many of the bad behaviors we see on planes would not exist.

There is absolutely no way you can guarantee that, nor can you make the assumption that it isn't "too much to ask" for a man to wear a jacket. Airline tickets cost too much (on average) to also have a soft requirement for a business casual dress code.

That's a silly argument. Lots of restaurants that cost a lot require a jacket.

It's a valid argument, because I also have the choice to not eat at those restaurants. It's also an entirely different industry and out of scope for this discussion.

The marketplace will respond to fill your needs. I'm sure George Lucas and Boilermaker Rick will create Slob Air.

The flip side to that coin is that if more people agreed with you, the market would obviously fill that void. The truth is nobody wants to pay higher prices just to be forced to dress like you're at a wedding.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:51 pm 

shakes wrote:
I've reached the point of my life where all I care about is being comfortable in all aspects.

shakes meant wrote:
I've given up.

I won't disagree with that if you're talking about giving up on giving a shit what the vast majority of people think of me. Reached that point a long time ago. You're talking to a guy who willingly wears velour sweatsedos and goes commando all winter long because nothing in the world feels better than velour on your balls.

I wear a suit 5 days a week, wearing one right now. Don't need to be wearing them in my personal life as well just to ride in a sky cab.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

-says someone who has clearly never been in a Lululemon store. Being in a lululemon store might be the least gay thing a man can do with his clothes on. When they told me I had to come back a 2nd time because the pants had to be tailored I was hoping they would screw it up so I had to come back as many times as possible.

Tailored sweats? Talk about fancy pants....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
If it were socially acceptable, I would drape myself in velvet.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:36 pm 

Killer V wrote:
shakes wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

Tailored sweats? Talk about fancy pants....

They really are the fanciest sweats you can ever get. A buddy of mine wore them to hockey one night and I asked him why he wore dress slacks to the game. When he told me they were sweat pants I was like damn I got to get in on that clever ruse. They're like $100 and they have to tailor them, but at a glance they pass for slacks which means you can get away with wearing them in a lot of situations where you probably shouldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Everyone should just quit flying. Then this silly no spoartcoat=toenail clipping thing goes away. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Heading to O'Hare shortly, just wearing cargo shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt with my Nikes. I showered today so at least
I won't smell too bad. Not a bigfan of flying in bad weather, just hoping for no delays.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
T-Bone wrote:
Heading to O'Hare shortly, just wearing cargo shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt with my Nikes. I showered today so at least
I won't smell too bad. Not a bigfan of flying in bad weather, just hoping for no delays.

You fucking slob.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:45 am 

T-Bone wrote:

You fucking slob.

Scum of the Earth!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
T-Bone wrote:

Make sure you have your toenail clippers handy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
T-Bone wrote:

Savage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
You fucking slob.

Scum of the Earth!!!!
Agreed. You could have showered MANY times and still you aren't able to wash that Wisconsin stench away.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:57 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
You fucking slob.

Scum of the Earth!!!!
Agreed. You could have showered MANY times and still you aren't able to wash that Wisconsin stench away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
You fucking slob.

Scum of the Earth!!!!

Since when are you not allowed to bring your own alcohol?

I never heard that before just now.

Little Crest is scrambling to hide my flask.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
A zip lock full of airplane bottles of booze is fine. Just don't get caught mixing your own drinks on the plane.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Seacrest wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
You fucking slob.

Scum of the Earth!!!!

Since when are you not allowed to bring your own alcohol?

I never heard that before just now.

Little Crest is scrambling to hide my flask.

Just like my wife. Rules only apply to other people. Did you sneak the booze in in your swimming trunks?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Since this already got bumped, I will say that the Tom Bihn Tri Star is expensive but perfect for trips under 36 hours. Especially if you are on regional jets - Raleigh is the land of CRJ-900s so it is nice to avoid the stand and wait for your rollerbag scrum after every flight.

Jeans, either a golf shirt or a black thick long sleeve shirt depending on the weather, a black fleece vest and black slip on shoes appropriate for both a suit and a pair of jeans. Suit and dress shirt and a change of underwear in the Tri-Star outside compartment - I am a 3XLT and my suit jacket fits fine in there. (CHF it was a tossup between the Air Boss and the Tri Star, but I went with the latter due to the organization, I have a RedOxx CPA if I need a more open bag.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:47 pm 

What do we think about people traveling together who book two aisle seats next to each other?

I say poor etiquette. Sit next to each other if you know each other.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:49 pm 

Brick wrote:
What do we think about people traveling together who book two aisle seats next to each other?

Nah. Seems completely reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:17 pm 

Brick wrote:

Go back to arguing with Darkside.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
If you hate the person you’re traveling with so much that you’d rather share an arm rest with a stranger, I think it’s kosher. If you’re doing it because you can’t compromise on who gets aisle seat, everybody involved is an asshole.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Brick wrote:

When I flew with my father we took aisles across from each other all the time. Easier to get up and pee if the other person is napping.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
for families of 4, what do you do on a 737 that has 3 seats per row? will be first time flying with 2 ticket holding kids

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
LGA's new terminal B is the nicest in the country. Just blown away at what a great job they did. The only downside is that it is a much longer walk to the taxi lines.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

i want to find a lululemon knock off brand. their cuts are fantastic. the threads themselves they claim are superior but i havent noticed that. i just like the shapes. great for athletic builds. twice the price of what they should be though. its clearly part of their business model.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next