It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: United Airlines
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:44 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If you figured $25 dollars a checked bag, family of four(8 bags), round trip, that's a savings of $400. I don't know why Brick is making that seem inconsequential.
:lol: 8 bags? Are they moving to the new place?

Yeah, that's what I said to my wife...
No offense but I'm not going to treat that as a counterargument to anything I've said. We get 3 free checked bags on every flight we take on our normal airline for $95 a year and that is more than enough with 3 more carry-ons and 3 backpacks if we want.

If we flew Southwest every time we would be paying $90 for one roundtrip flight for early bird though I guess technically now we wouldn't need it as we would get family boarding.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 am 

Lots of shit-airline twins in this thread.

Sad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Douchebag wrote:

Sad.

Yup. Won't be surprised if next few posts begin to praise to Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Kirkwood wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Sad.

Yup. Won't be surprised if next few posts begin to praise to Spirit

Spirit would offer Beating Class if it could and people would take it to save $5.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Victim is still in Chicago in a hospital recovering from injuries. He hired Corboy and Demitro to represent him. They are really big hitters in the personal injury field. This is not going to end well for United. Damages are going to be massive. The humiliation the guy experienced at the time, the humiliation he is going to experience from the incident being viewed by millions of people and now you can add to his damages the humiliation he is experiencing by his criminal past being thrust into the spotlight. This could easily be a 7 figure case before its all said and done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
shakes wrote:
Victim is still in Chicago in a hospital recovering from injuries. He hired Corboy and Demitro to represent him. They are really big hitters in the personal injury field. This is not going to end well for United. Damages are going to be massive. The humiliation the guy experienced at the time, the humiliation he is going to experience from the incident being viewed by millions of people and now you can add to his damages the humiliation he is experiencing by his criminal past being thrust into the spotlight. This could easily be a 7 figure case before its all said and done.

At some point, from upping to the comp to get volunteers, to leveraging the Chicago-Indy flight that was leaving a few hours later to move their employees, there are going to be a few people fired for their inability to think outside the box.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:

At some point, from upping to the comp to get volunteers, to leveraging the Chicago-Indy flight that was leaving a few hours later to move their employees, there are going to be a few people fired for their inability to think outside the box.

Add United's CEO to the list of the tone deaf. http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
No sympathy for this fraud of a doctor. Next time you're asked to leave the plane, do it. Fuckin loser gets dragged off the plane like a child. He deserved what he got.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
No sympathy for this fraud of a doctor. Next time you're asked to leave the plane, do it. Fuckin loser gets dragged off the plane like a child. He deserved what he got.

You're MY GUY, Gay, but this is a terrible thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hockey Gay wrote:

And millions is what he's going to get, good deal for him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:18 am 

They asked him to leave. It's not like they came in there looking to kick some ass right off the bat.

Then the guy goes limp like a sack of potatoes and they have to drag him like a toddler.

Don't fuck around on airplanes or you might get your ass whipped. This should be common knowledge for all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:18 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
They asked him to leave. It's not like they came in there looking to kick some ass right off the bat.

Then the guy goes limp like a sack of potatoes and they have to drag him like a toddler.

Don't fuck around on airplanes or you might get your ass whipped. This should be common knowledge for all.

He just wanted to go home.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Hockey Gay wrote:

I don't get why anybody would want to get dragged like a dead animal rather than walk.

Talking to my BIL yesterday, he's a pilot...It was his understanding that when the situation is "involuntary" like this, the airline is supposed to start at $1300. $1300 and a flight voucher and you'd have solved this problem instantly. Just about any couple on that plane would take the combined $2600 and 2 vouchers.

He knows ticket counter workers who are supposed to start at $150 vouchers when overbooked, but they don't even bother anymore because nobody ever says yes to that. They just start at $400 and see who is interested.

KDdidit wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Yea, it all worked out for him.

We hate authority so much in this country right now that any type of aggression is automatically bad aggression.

The guy is going to get rich for acting like a genius. Must be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
ChiefWampum wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

I don't get why anybody would want to get dragged like a dead animal rather than walk.

Have you tried it? So much less effort required.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:21 am 

Sean Spicer wrote:
Don't fuck around on airplanes or you might get your ass whipped. This should be common knowledge for all. Even the Jews knew to keep it in check, in the holocaust centers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:21 am 

How to act in that situation: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSw0PAlhz5H/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:24 am 

A couple of calls and the United crew likely could have hitched a ride on another airline.

United fucked this up six ways from Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:

They could've put the employees on a bus to Louisville and gotten there in plenty of time to make the flight the next day. Lots of things they could've done that fell short of beating a guy senseless and taking his seat.

Considering this entire incident was motivated by United's greed, this is not going to end well for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 am 

shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:

They could've put the employees on a bus to Louisville and gotten there in plenty of time to make the flight the next day. Lots of things they could've done that fell short of beating a guy senseless and taking his seat.

Considering this entire incident was motivated by United's greed, this is not going to end well for them.

I posted the other day, but they still had Sunday's flight data up on Monday...there was literally 5-10 available seats on a 6PM flight from O'Hare to Indianapolis. This was a fuckup on epic proportions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 am 
Hockey Gay wrote:

You seem like exactly the person who would just do what you were told if you were completely in the right. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hockey Gay wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Yea, it all worked out for him.

We hate authority so much in this country right now that any type of aggression is automatically bad aggression.

Monetize everything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hockey Gay wrote:

i'm surprised you're not a millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am 

Bagels wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Fasano's
GoldenJet wrote:
Talking to my BIL yesterday, he's a pilot...It was his understanding that when the situation is "involuntary" like this, the airline is supposed to start at $1300. $1300 and a flight voucher and you'd have solved this problem instantly. Just about any couple on that plane would take the combined $2600 and 2 vouchers.

He knows ticket counter workers who are supposed to start at $150 vouchers when overbooked, but they don't even bother anymore because nobody ever says yes to that. They just start at $400 and see who is interested.

I was always under the impression that the monetary "reward" for getting out of your seat is a voucher. Is that not the case? Is it really cash?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:28 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next