It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:47 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Life Hack -

a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

What's your go-to Life Hack?

I have to do a fair amount of public speaking for my day job, which requires me to stand in front of an audience. Hate it when a shoe comes untied, but also hate the look of a "double knot." So, I learned how to tie my shoes in a "tighter knot." Video example below:

https://youtu.be/zAFcV7zuUDA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Are you just looking to create a Buzzfeed list or something?

Also, the term "life hack" is almost as irritating as "woke".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
For any given numbers of tasks, say 10 e-mail messages, do the easiest/quickest things first. In that way you knock down the most tasks in the shortest time period rather than spending a lot of time on the most difficult tasks. For things that require a lot of time, do a little bit each day up to the deadline date. Procrastination is a killer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I just move.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am 

Go tankless

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If you are tired in the middle of the day, an Apple does a lot more to help you out than an extra cup of coffee.

If there is a halo around the sun, it means that a storm is imminent.

If you read a sinicalypse post, make sure there are no sharp object nearby.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
denisdman wrote:
For any given numbers of tasks, say 10 e-mail messages, do the easiest/quickest things first. In that way you knock down the most tasks in the shortest time period rather than spending a lot of time on the most difficult tasks. For things that require a lot of time, do a little bit each day up to the deadline date. Procrastination is a killer.

I could not disagree more.
When I have say three tasks at one location I always do the toughest job first and get it done and relax thru the easy stuff. I hate thinking about that one part that's hard to get to for longer than necessary.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Life Hack -

a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way.

What's your go-to Life Hack?

I have to do a fair amount of public speaking for my day job, which requires me to stand in front of an audience. Hate it when a shoe comes untied, but also hate the look of a "double knot." So, I learned how to tie my shoes in a "tighter knot." Video example below:

https://youtu.be/zAFcV7zuUDA

I've never actually met anyone who ties their shoes this way outside of my family. My dad taught us this claiming a hillbilly showed him when they were in the Army. My sister and I are carrying on the tradition. I've never tied my shoes any other way. The guy in the video makes it seem way more complicated than it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBtqhq5P28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Farting in elevators. For my money, nothing beats the perfectly time and placed elevator fart.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I've never actually met anyone who ties their shoes this way outside of my family. My dad taught us this claiming a hillbilly showed him when they were in the Army. My sister and I are carrying on the tradition. I've never tied my shoes any other way. The guy in the video makes it seem way more complicated than it is.

Maybe that guy should use some of that time he saved tying his shoes to clean his disgusting fingernails.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Maybe that guy should use some of that time he saved tying his shoes to clean his disgusting fingernails.

I know. Terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:

When I have say three tasks at one location I always do the toughest job first and get it done and relax thru the easy stuff. I hate thinking about that one part that's hard to get to for longer than necessary.

What do you do when you have five tasks at five different locations? Most folks are dealing with volumes of requests especially when they come in each morning or especially after a vacation. By knocking down the quick and easy stuff first, you satisfy the most people quickly and avoid folks following up for an answer.

I love coming back from vacation, and everyone has been waiting a week to talk to you. You come into the office, and five minutes later a person walks in your office, "I know you've been out, but....."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I know. Terrible.

He'd never make it as a hand model.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
A single season record that will never be broken!

HACK 'DIS,SOX FANS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
denisdman wrote:
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:

What do you do when you have five tasks at five different locations? Most folks are dealing with volumes of requests especially when they come in each morning or especially after a vacation. By knocking down the quick and easy stuff first, you satisfy the most people quickly and avoid folks following up for an answer.

I love coming back from vacation, and everyone has been waiting a week to talk to you. You come into the office, and five minutes later a person walks in your office, "I know you've been out, but....."

That person literally gets kicked out of my office when that happens. I even have people lined up outside sometimes! That's so rude! Or they won't let you get your coat off. Sigh... we need an apocalypse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
When you want to get actual work done, avoid CFMB at all costs, especially UFBT.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
a genius wrote:
When you want to get actual work done, avoid CFMB at all costs, especially UFBT.

Sound advice, but I'm not going to follow it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Sit backwards when using the toilet. That way, you can enjoy a bowl of soup whilst shitting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'm with you ... get the shitty ones done first while you're fresh so they aren't hanging over you like impending doom all day/week/whatever, then (relatively) skate through the easier ones ... plus I would figure one would be significantly less inclined to procrastinate knowing the shitty ones are done and just the piddly ones remain.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
when making a grilled cheese, instead of trying to spread cold butter on the bread, melt the butter in the pan then just press each bread slice down in the butter. ensures even coverage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bagels wrote:
when making a grilled cheese, instead of trying to spread cold butter on the bread, melt the butter in the pan then just press each bread slice down in the butter. ensures even coverage

Brilliant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Bagels wrote:

Interesting posit.

I have seen somewhat recently (where, I couldn't say) that instead of butter, a light but thorough covering of mayo instead supposedly will do wonders heretofore unknown to partakers of grilled cheese (and ham, but that's just me). Seems plausible ... for cakes and whatnot subbing out some of the butter for mayo is magical.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Interesting posit.

I have seen somewhat recently (where, I couldn't say) that instead of butter, a light but thorough covering of mayo instead supposedly will do wonders heretofore unknown to partakers of grilled cheese

I've done this. It works very well.

I also prescribe to Bagels process of melting the butter in the pan. Works great.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Best one I ever saw I learned from 30Rock. Tear off bottom of cupcake and place it on top of frosting = CUPCAKE SANDWICH!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bagels wrote:

...and clogged arteries. Try this instead:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Lower. Wacker. Drive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Telegram Sam wrote:
Lower. Wacker. Drive.

No thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Telegram Sam wrote:
Lower. Wacker. Drive.

i went there in an Uber once and it was terrifying

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Send incoherent tweets at 3 am

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Use the food processor with slicing blade (sits near the top, thin slice for cucumbers, etc) when shredding chunks of meat. If you line the grain of the meat up, the blade will slice through the long grain, thus making the meat more tender, plus it is MUCH faster than fork-shredding. I cook my beef tongues whole in the crock pot with a beer and a jar of peppperocini, then peel the skin off, and run them through the processor. Back into the crock pot with the juice, and BAM, shredded beef sammiches!!