All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
For anyone interested...:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ile-215042

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
damn thats long. i'll read it later.

I always liked Buchanan's honesty and America First stance but at the same time, he seemed not to be very open to other people's concerns that did not look like him or practice the same faith as him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Lot of revisionist history there, sweetie.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
I skimmed it. There is a note that talks for a McLaughlin Group reboot are still ongoing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
:lol: I didn't know about this tidbit of history.

Four years later, Buchanan broke from the GOP after years of tension with its establishment wing and sought the Reform Party nomination. He won it, over the objections of some activists, but bombed in November, winning fewer than 500,000 votes nationwide. (Ralph Nader’s Green Party tallied roughly 2.5 million votes more.) Buchanan, however, once again put his imprint on history: He won 3,407 votes in Palm Beach County, Florida—a liberal, heavily Jewish community—thanks to the “butterfly ballot” famously confusing many voters. George W. Bush won Florida by 537 votes, and Buchanan makes no bones about what happened. “The Lord intervened,” he says, grinning. “We sunk Al Gore and won the election for Bush.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Seacrest wrote:

Four years later, Buchanan broke from the GOP after years of tension with its establishment wing and sought the Reform Party nomination. He won it, over the objections of some activists, but bombed in November, winning fewer than 500,000 votes nationwide. (Ralph Nader’s Green Party tallied roughly 2.5 million votes more.) Buchanan, however, once again put his imprint on history: He won 3,407 votes in Palm Beach County, Florida—a liberal, heavily Jewish community—thanks to the “butterfly ballot” famously confusing many voters. George W. Bush won Florida by 537 votes, and Buchanan makes no bones about what happened. “The Lord intervened,” he says, grinning. “We sunk Al Gore and won the election for Bush.”

Was always Fakenews and still is.
But Dan Rather telling Floridians in the Panhandle that "Polls are closing __ minutes"is not fakenews. He repeated every 7 minutes or so for an hour. The shills on the other networks picked up on it but were less frantic about it. Thus was Bush cheated out of approximately 14,000 votes as Central Time zone voters did not go vote in that very conservative area.

Dan Rather is now and forever known as the King of FakeNews.

#History
#4dummies

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Seacrest wrote:

I knew he garnered an abnormally large amount of votes due to the ballot but I had never heard or read his explanation of it. :lol: