It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
C'mon now. I think this guy is good for a few laughs and is a real tool but these cases of "Sexual Harassment" are getting to be a good joke.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sea ... a7de153d2b

Sean Hannity is the latest Fox News star to be accused of sexual harassment.

In an interview with the Pat Campbell Show on Friday, former Fox News contributor Debbie Schlussel claimed that Hannity had invited her to his hotel room — twice — when they appeared together for one of his programs. But when she rebuffed him, Schlussel said that she was never asked back on the show.

Schlussel claimed the “awkward” incident began when Hannity invited her to a store where he was signing books. While there, she said Hannity asked her: “Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?” Schlussel said she responded: “No, I have to get ready for the show.”

Schlussel said Hannity pressed her again to come to his hotel room after the show taping, which did not go well. She refused.

“I wasn’t booked on his show again, and he called me and yelled at me,” Schlussel said. “It was made clear to me that I didn’t go back to his hotel with him after. I got a very weird feeling about the whole thing, and I kind of knew I wouldn’t be back on his show.”

She added: “This kind of stuff is all over the place at Fox News and anything that has to do with Sean Hannity.”

Her comments were aired just days after Bill O’Reilly’s ouster by Fox News in the wake of revelations that he and the company had paid out some $13 million to women who accused him of sexual harassment.

Fox News provided a statement to The Huffington Post from Hannity who said that Schlussel’s claims were “100 percent false and a complete fabrication.” He called her a “serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade,” and threatened to sue her using a “team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country.”

Hannity also characterized Schlussel’s comments as part of a “coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views.”

Schlussel, however, is a conservative. One sign of her politics was her repeated — and false — claim beginning in 2006 that President Barack Obama was a Muslim, insisting: “Once a Muslim, always a Muslim.”

But Schlussel has also clashed with Hannity, whom she referred to as “Vannity.” In 2007, she accused him of plagiarizing one of her columns. Three years later, she said the Freedom Alliance, a charity linked to Hannity, was involved in questionable practices, which the charity vehemently denied.

“This is not the first time Debbie Schlussel has lied about Sean Hannity,” Fox News stated. A point-by-point refutation of Schlussel’s attacks on the charity was also included.

Fox’s track record on sexual harassment, on the other hand, is abysmal. Before the most recent controversy over O’Reilly, several women had accused former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, which ultimately resulted in millions of dollars in payoffs. Former Fox News host Alisyn Camerota just revealed on Sunday that Ailes made inappropriate sexual comments to her and told her she’d have to meet him in a hotel if she wanted more opportunities at the network.

Ailes was eventually forced out of the company with a $40 million golden parachute. O’Reilly received a $25 million settlement as part of his deal to leave.

Over the weekend, Hannity posted a Twitter rant after he was named by The New York Times as one of President Donald Trump’s private advisers. He called the story “total fake news speculation,” then wondered if the Times had found out whom he talks to because perhaps he’s being “surveilled and unmasked by the NSA.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Drain the swamp.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Knowing who Debbie Schlussel, I'm inclined to say this did not happen. She's pretty much certifiably crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
There appears to be a fine line between harassment, and a guy just trying to get a girl into his room. He tried to get laid, she shot him down, and then she wasn't asked back on his show. I don't see an issue there.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
Drain the swamp.

Lock them all in a box and drown them in the swamp.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

If the totality of her story is that he invited her, and she said no then I am not certain this passes any standard of harassment. He was not her boss.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Knowing who Debbie Schlussel, I'm inclined to say this did not happen. She's pretty much certifiably crazy.

she was asking for it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

If the totality of her story is that he invited her, and she said no then I am not certain this passes any standard of harassment. He was not her boss.

Yeah if this is the standard of sexual harassment now , no woman will ever get asked out again .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yes, but if you're using business opportunities as a hook, and then taking those away when someone declines your advances, well you're getting close to a line.

I have no problem with him asking her out. Totally normal. Taking negative action when she says "no", that's flat wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Yes, but if you're using business opportunities as a hook, and then taking those away when someone declines your advances, well you're getting close to a line.

I have no problem with him asking her out. Totally normal. Taking negative action when she says "no", that's flat wrong.

Agreed.

Proving that the denial is the reason for her not being asked back as a guest is where it gets tricky.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Terry's Peeps wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Agreed.

Proving that the denial is the reason for her not being asked back as a guest is where it gets tricky.

Especially with this passage from the article.

Schlussel said Hannity pressed her again to come to his hotel room after the show taping, which did not go well

If her second appearance didn't go well, maybe she sucks being on TV?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:50 am 

She also accused him of plagiarism. Probably not helping her case that harassment is why she was not booked.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:52 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Think that means asking her to his room didn't go well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 am 

She also accused him a plagiarism. Probably not helping her case that harassment is why she was not booked.

She got blacklisted from Breitbart (while Andrew was still alive so before they became as worthless and nutty as InfoWars) for harassing writers there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:15 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
She also accused him a plagiarism. Probably not helping her case that harassment is why she was not booked.

She got blacklisted from Breitbart (while Andrew was still alive so before they became as worthless and nutty as InfoWars) for harassing writers there.

I have no idea if she was harassed, but I do think that people will frame memories a certain way if they hear something repeatedly on the news. All these women were harassed, she did segments on Fox- it must have happened to her as well. It's not just with harassment either. It's like people claiming they voted for JFK after his assassination at rates that would have made his close victory a landslide.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: ....
She issued a retraction/clarification: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/despite ... n-hannity/

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:10 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
She issued a retraction/clarification: http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/despite ... n-hannity/

as I had mentioned prior in this thread, I was familiar enough with this certain pundit to know she is batshit insane.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Agreed.

Especially with this passage from the article.

Schlussel said Hannity pressed her again to come to his hotel room after the show taping, which did not go well

If her second appearance didn't go well, maybe she sucks being on TV?

Maybe he shouldn't have pressed her and just asked again instead. Where did he press her?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
C'mon now. I think this guy is good for a few laughs and is a real tool but these cases of "Sexual Harassment" are getting to be a good joke.

That's a shocking take from you Jimmy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sea ... a7de153d2b

Sean Hannity is the latest Fox News star to be accused of sexual harassment.

In an interview with the Pat Campbell Show on Friday, former Fox News contributor Debbie Schlussel claimed that Hannity had invited her to his hotel room — twice — when they appeared together for one of his programs. But when she rebuffed him, Schlussel said that she was never asked back on the show.

Schlussel claimed the “awkward” incident began when Hannity invited her to a store where he was signing books. While there, she said Hannity asked her: “Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?” Schlussel said she responded: “No, I have to get ready for the show.”

Schlussel said Hannity pressed her again to come to his hotel room after the show taping, which did not go well. She refused.

“I wasn’t booked on his show again, and he called me and yelled at me,” Schlussel said. “It was made clear to me that I didn’t go back to his hotel with him after. I got a very weird feeling about the whole thing, and I kind of knew I wouldn’t be back on his show.”

She added: “This kind of stuff is all over the place at Fox News and anything that has to do with Sean Hannity.”

Her comments were aired just days after Bill O’Reilly’s ouster by Fox News in the wake of revelations that he and the company had paid out some $13 million to women who accused him of sexual harassment.

Fox News provided a statement to The Huffington Post from Hannity who said that Schlussel’s claims were “100 percent false and a complete fabrication.” He called her a “serial harasser who has been lying about me for well over a decade,” and threatened to sue her using a “team of some of the finest and toughest lawyers in the country.”

Hannity also characterized Schlussel’s comments as part of a “coordinated effort afoot to now silence those with conservative views.”

Schlussel, however, is a conservative. One sign of her politics was her repeated — and false — claim beginning in 2006 that President Barack Obama was a Muslim, insisting: “Once a Muslim, always a Muslim.”

But Schlussel has also clashed with Hannity, whom she referred to as “Vannity.” In 2007, she accused him of plagiarizing one of her columns. Three years later, she said the Freedom Alliance, a charity linked to Hannity, was involved in questionable practices, which the charity vehemently denied.

“This is not the first time Debbie Schlussel has lied about Sean Hannity,” Fox News stated. A point-by-point refutation of Schlussel’s attacks on the charity was also included.

Fox’s track record on sexual harassment, on the other hand, is abysmal. Before the most recent controversy over O’Reilly, several women had accused former Fox News chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, which ultimately resulted in millions of dollars in payoffs. Former Fox News host Alisyn Camerota just revealed on Sunday that Ailes made inappropriate sexual comments to her and told her she’d have to meet him in a hotel if she wanted more opportunities at the network.

Ailes was eventually forced out of the company with a $40 million golden parachute. O’Reilly received a $25 million settlement as part of his deal to leave.

Over the weekend, Hannity posted a Twitter rant after he was named by The New York Times as one of President Donald Trump’s private advisers. He called the story “total fake news speculation,” then wondered if the Times had found out whom he talks to because perhaps he’s being “surveilled and unmasked by the NSA.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMd2HrY3kwk

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:37 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

as I had mentioned prior in this thread, I was familiar enough with this certain pundit to know she is batshit insane.

She was always nutty on the Stern show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Panther pislA wrote:

This is not okay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm 

Still haven't seen any proof that O'Reilly did anything wrong.

This is what happens when you take a woman's word as truth. We gave them too many rights.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

She was always nutty on the Stern show.

It didn't take long for her to get worked up. Howard could barely get a word in once she got going.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way