It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Korea
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The entire Senate is being summoned to the White House tomorrow for a briefing on North Korea. This seems unprecedented, doesn't it?

I don't know what this is for, but I can't imagine any of it is good.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north ... SKBN17Q1LR

Post subject: Re: North Korea
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Bomb 'em to kingdom come.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am 

jimmypasta wrote:

You realize North Korea has the artillery to flatten Seoul minutes after a war starts, right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

You realize North Korea has the artillery to flatten Seoul in minutes, right?

I don't live in Seoul.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I don't live in Seoul.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
North Korea isn't shit. The fear mongering by the Trump admin over this is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:46 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
North Korea isn't shit. The fear mongering by the Trump admin over this is ridiculous.

I would say we shouldn't be getting involved, but there is a legitimate thread there and a limited window to act (I think we shouldn't act).

Basically experts say there is only a 4-5 year window before NK gets small enough 2 stage devices that can fit within an ICBM that can reliably hit the Continental US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/worl ... ogram.html

Once again, I'd pull out of the DMZ and tell Japan and S Korea it's their problem, but our government foolishly feels the need to play world policeman.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:02 am 

A trade, economic incentives for ditching the nuclear program can be achieved. Bill Clinton almost had it solved. And then "Axis of Evil" came along.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

It's been going on for decades now. They are not a threat. They can't even keep the damn lights on in their own country.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's been going on for decades now. They are not a threat. They can't even keep the damn lights on in their own country.

You were listening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:13 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You were listening.

I will smack you in the face with my sandals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:14 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they can figure out their missiles and shrink their warheads (something we could do with 1950s tech) then yes they become a threat. If we could do it in the 1950s, then it isn't inconceivable North Korea can accomplish that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
But McCain's frequent national security partner, Sen. Lindsey Graham, isn't deterred. Appearing on NBC's Today, Graham was asked if the United States ought to consider a preemptive strike. "If that's what it would take," he replied. "It would be terrible, but the war would be over [there], not over here. It would be bad for the Korean Peninsula. It would be bad for China. It would be bad for Japan, be bad for South Korea. It would be the end of North Korea. But what it would not do is hit America."

Fucking guy :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:16 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
But McCain's frequent national security partner, Sen. Lindsey Graham, isn't deterred. Appearing on NBC's Today, Graham was asked if the United States ought to consider a preemptive strike. "If that's what it would take," he replied. "It would be terrible, but the war would be over [there], not over here. It would be bad for the Korean Peninsula. It would be bad for China. It would be bad for Japan, be bad for South Korea. It would be the end of North Korea. But what it would not do is hit America."

Fucking guy :lol:

This country would be a better place if we left McCain to the fucking Vietnamese.

Oh and Lindsey Graham is a burrito who rattles the saber every so often to feel like a real man.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

If they haven't done this by now, I am not sure they will ever be able to. They might be a thread to South Korea, but they really are not a thread to the US Mainland.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:17 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they can figure out their missiles and shrink their warheads (something we could do with 1950s tech) then yes they become a threat. If we could do it in the 1950s, then it isn't inconceivable North Korea can accomplish that.

And in the event one of their bottle rockets, maybe, maybe, can hit Seattle, they have no motivation to launch. Their entire country would be gone in five minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:18 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

If they haven't done this by now, I am not sure they will ever be able to. They might be a thread to South Korea, but they really are not a thread to the US Mainland.

It's not the most difficult thing to do. Many believe the only reason they haven't been able to get their missiles to work is the result of sabotage efforts, which given how Stuxnet worked is in very much possible.

They will have an operational ICBM in the next decade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:19 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

And in the event one of their bottle rockets, maybe, maybe, can hit Seattle, they have no motivation to launch. Their entire country would be gone in five minutes.

The great thing about the Soviets was that they could be counted on to act as rational actors. Can you count on the Kims to be rational?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:21 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The great thing about the Soviets was that they could be counted on to act as rational actors. Can you count on the Kims to be rational?

They are an agnostic nation. I think any country devoid of religion can eventually be reasoned with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

In situation like North Korea the threat is not the same as Russia, China or the other nuked up countries. They understand the deterrent of mutually assured destruction. Crazy ass dictators do not or at least give off the idea that they do not care. The thinking is they would rather go out in a fireball than lose their status.

As far as the not feeding people or having all the roads paved and lights on this is likely also common for a dictator led communist regime. It is not that they do not have the resources or technology to get a working ICBM or other weapons. They would actually deprive their people of basic needs in order to have a big military and massive weaponry.

Lastly, I do not want to start any shit with them for several reasons but since before Clinton and including him no talking has worked to make any change there worth noting. You can talk partisan stuff all you like but no US administration has made meaningful progress since before I was in high school.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They are an agnostic nation. I think any country devoid of religion can eventually be reasoned with.

Is North Korea really devoid of religion? They sure as hell have a religion and that religion is worship of the state and its leaders. They built a religion around Kim Il Sung as their deity.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am 

If you want to let those zipper heads terrify you, fine. So be it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
If you want to let those zipper heads terrify you, fine. So be it.

Once again, I'm saying we shouldn't even be involved. Let South korea or Japan deal with it. However, an ICBM in the hands of a literal madman is a legitimate existential threat. All the more reason to let the rest of the world handle it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I could see Trump making Rodman the ambassador to North Korea and flying over with him to work shit out. Wasn't Rodman on The Apprentice?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I don't live in Seoul.

We have about 30,000 troops in South Korea. Why do you hate America?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
They will have an operational ICBM in the next decade

They already do. Sort of -

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/advice/a22948/north-korea-icbm-range-united-states/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:51 am 
100000 CLUB

Crossing over from the 'CFMB Golf Faction,' I say we get a group together and take this title back to the US!

http://www.northkoreanopen.com/course1.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I don't live in Seoul.

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 am 

Chus wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I don't live in Seoul.

We have about 30,000 troops in South Korea. Why do you hate America?

also a good number of your electronic devices come from there... as do 10,000,000 people. That would devastate the global economy.