It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I know Kirkwood is a prototype beta, but is he seriously giving Ogie shit for not planning on voluntarily giving up his wallet and phone in the event of a mugging? Goddamn. The fuck is this country coming to?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
I know Kirkwood is a prototype beta, but is he seriously giving Ogie shit for not planning on voluntarily giving up his wallet and phone in the event of a mugging? Goddamn. The fuck is this country coming to?

You know the answer to your question.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:

Agreed. This is why I defended that Mixon guy. That chick was coming for his wallet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
FavreFan wrote:

Correct. Ogie is military trained. Great. Now what about the other CCW wackos like a Panther and his ilk who believe they're Batman because they have a license.

I won't be convinced a wallet or phone is worth pulling a gun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Correct. Ogie is military trained. Great. Now what about the other CCW wackos like a Panther and his ilk who believe they're Batman because they have a license.

"You don't have standing to defend yourself from armed/violent robbery" :lol: Come on, man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:29 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

"You don't have standing to defend yourself from armed/violent robbery" :lol: Come on, man.

I never said it should be illegal or disallowed. I simply commented I think it's terrible that there is growing faction of paranoid gun owners scared of their own shadow.

Their solution to any danger is...need gun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Kirkwood wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I never said it should be illegal or disallowed. I simply commented I think it's terrible that there is growing faction of paranoid gun owners scared of being the victims of an armed robbery.

Fixed this for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i spent a weekend in the San Fransisco area once. like 4 days.

regarding this story: Good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:33 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I never said it should be illegal or disallowed. I simply commented I think it's terrible that there is growing faction of paranoid gun owners scared of their own shadow.

Fear causes Ogie to own a gun. Fear causes you to give up your possessions to anyone who wants them without a fight. Fear is a great motivator.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Good thing I only live in states where I have my CCW. I have 17 9x19 parabellum rounds in my Glock at all times.

I'm 99% sure I'll never use it let alone take it out of the holster, but it's good to have.

You're doing it all wrong, just carry a spray bottle of bleech, much more deadly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If there is a robbery on a train you would want a passenger to pull a gun and possibly shoot at the criminals?

Seem like a total recipe for disaster. What if he misses? What if the bullet passes through? Is he then liable if he hits another passenger in the closed quarters of a train car? And what if the muggers start shooting back?

Best case scenario is that the pulls the gun, and the guy runs away. But there is no where to run on the train. It seems more likely that something terrible would happen. Worse than losing a phone.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
If there is a robbery on a train you would want a passenger to pull a gun and possibly shoot at the criminals?

Seem like a total recipe for disaster. What if he misses? What if the bullet passes through? Is he then liable if he hits another passenger in the closed quarters of a train car? And what if the muggers start shooting back?

Best case scenario is that the pulls the gun, and the guy runs away. But there is no where to run on the train. It seems more likely that something terrible would happen. Worse than losing a phone.

No, you don't understand. The shooter was scared/threatened! Plus he had $50 bucks in his wallet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

This reminds me of a "Louie" episode back in the day.

Louis is in a diner with his date, and some teenage kid comes up and punks him. Rather than fighting back, he does the right thing and just sits there without causing violence or fighting.

After the kid leaves, his date is like, "I'm sorry. I know you just did the right, mature thing, but I've never been so turned off before." Then she gets up and leaves.

I wouldn't pull a gun on the guy, of course... but I'd at least fight back. If I didn't, I'd feel like a baby back bitch afterward.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

No, you don't understand. The shooter was scared/threatened! Plus he had $50 bucks in his wallet.

"If your property isn't as valuable as others, you have less of a right to hold onto it!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:44 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
This reminds me of a "Louie" episode back in the day.

Louis is in a diner with his date, and some teenage kid comes up and punks him. Rather than fighting back, he does the right thing and just sits there without causing violence or fighting.

After the kid leaves, his date is like, "I'm sorry. I know you just did the right, mature thing, but I've never been so turned off before." Then she gets up and leaves.

I wouldn't pull a gun on the guy, of course... but I'd at least fight back. If I didn't, I'd feel like a baby back bitch afterward.

Man, that cartoon got deep.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:50 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

"If your property isn't as valuable as others, you have less of a right to hold onto it!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you think it's simple to carry around a gun and go Rambo whenever you feel threatened. That's very chilling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I feel I need to remind everyone that John Rambo was the protagonist in Rambo trilogy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: :lol: Yep have to protect the minors right to privacy

“We are in the process of pulling all surveillance video, and we will share with Oakland police, Oakland Unified School District and Oakland Housing Authority to see if they can help identify the minors,” Trost said. “We have had success with sharing images of juveniles with this group and identifying and making arrests in the past.”The images cannot be shared publicly, she said, because the attackers appear to be minors.

Do you understand why names of minors are not released or are you just doing a bit?

You worried about the cops yanking you out of class or something?

Why would cops pull Douchebag out of class for something that happened in Oakland?

I thought that this bit couldn't get any dumber, but I was wrong.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:25 pm 

The board already has a BRick . You should aspire to be better but then again , you can't .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
The board already has a BRick . You should aspire to be better but then again , you can't .

Mad or drunk?

Look, it's just a dumb bit, and today it got dumber. Trying to insult me isn't going to change that.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:20 pm 

Chus wrote:
Mad or drunk?

That sounds like a great radio bit. Or maybe one of those Friday Fungs they do on a whim that turn out to be hilarious, and they swear they're going to do it again, but then Terry gets cancer and they never do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
FavreFan wrote:

Kirkwood is Beta-Prime of the Deceptacucks

I took the CCW class and I do carry. That said I know that carrying isn't something to take lightly. I go by the motto of the threat triad. Somebody has to have the intent, means, and opportunity to do great bodily harm me before I pull the weapon. Some punk kid threatening me on a train may have intent and opportunity but the means isn't there. Now if he pulls a weapon then I'll drop a body.

I think about it like I did on deployment in the military. Is this going to be worth facing a trial?

I also recommend anyone who carries should have a lawyer in their phone to call in case something happens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Kirkwood wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think it's great. More guns in the hands of weak, nitwit Trump voters = more dead Trump voters. I love those stories about Trump voters leaving guns around their residences for their dumb kids to kill themselves with. It's so funny when that happens. Gotta thin the heard somehow, a great man once said.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Is Bub Rub still patrolling the streets?

I heard he and Lil Sis got married.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What are those reasonable limits you were referring to earlier in this thread? If someone threatens to punch me in the face if I don't give them $20 is that license to shoot them? What if they only demand $5, $1?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:47 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What are those reasonable limits you were referring to earlier in this thread?

You know exactly what I meant by "reasonable".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I really don't.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:53 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I really don't.

:lol: I shouldn't have to explain "reasonableness" to a licensed, practicing attorney. That is, unless said attorney is just being an indignant twat. Back to ignore for you.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm 

Duty owed
Duty breached
Proximate cause
Julie DiCaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Pulling a gun in a crowded area with 30 to 40 adversaries and plenty of innocent people around is a bad idea. I've got a couple credit cards with fraud protection and a cell phone. If they just want my wallet they won't get anything worthwhile out of it. I will not be engaging in that scenario.
If someone tried to rape my wife or break my neck or had a deadly weapon at the ready I'll drop the hammer on them. If they break into my house they're making a bad mistake.
In over 10 years of gun ownership I've never needed to pull it but I'm not afraid to. But over some plastic in my wallet in the presence of plenty of innocents? No.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.