It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spmack wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
spmack wrote:
Why do I keep reading this and thinking that it's Laurence Holmes and 4 Breaking News Stories from Bears Camp 2004?

I'm going to guess CTE.

I've been hit in the head too many times.

Shreve wrote:
I'd say not quite enough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I've come around on coffee later in life, when I started drinking "flat whites" when I was in Australia about 9 years ago.

I eventually figured out that I could dramatically reduce the dairy content if I got iced espresso, which only needs about a teaspoon of dairy and some sweetener (I prefer sugar free vanilla syrup). If it's a good coffee (e.g. better than basic Starbucks, something like Asado downtown or Ten Drops out in Plainfield), I'll omit the sweetener.

In the summer, I'll sometimes get cold brew instead. Nitro cold brew Vietnamese style is outstanding (Blue Bottle in SF).

But mostly, I go to Starbucks to take a break. On days when I'm in the office, I try to go across the street to Starbucks for a half hour at about 2:30. I picked this up after remembering my time with some Swedish clients about 20 years ago where everything would just stop for 20 minutes twice a day for coffee and a small cookie.

Do you wear sandals and golf?

Golf sandals.

In all seriousness, don't buy those. Get the leather ones - much better comfort, support and durability.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Furious Styles wrote:
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I've come around on coffee later in life, when I started drinking "flat whites" when I was in Australia about 9 years ago.

I eventually figured out that I could dramatically reduce the dairy content if I got iced espresso, which only needs about a teaspoon of dairy and some sweetener (I prefer sugar free vanilla syrup). If it's a good coffee (e.g. better than basic Starbucks, something like Asado downtown or Ten Drops out in Plainfield), I'll omit the sweetener.

In the summer, I'll sometimes get cold brew instead. Nitro cold brew Vietnamese style is outstanding (Blue Bottle in SF).

But mostly, I go to Starbucks to take a break. On days when I'm in the office, I try to go across the street to Starbucks for a half hour at about 2:30. I picked this up after remembering my time with some Swedish clients about 20 years ago where everything would just stop for 20 minutes twice a day for coffee and a small cookie.

Do you wear sandals and golf?

Golf sandals.

In all seriousness, don't buy those. Get the leather ones - much better comfort, support and durability.

I'm not getting any golf sandals. I love my Foot Joys.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I was thinking ahead for the Del Boca Vista years.

-Hank Kingsley