It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
If the overwhelming # of people currently dying from Covid are unvaccinated and the current #of people being hospitalized with Covid are overwhelmingly unvaccinated, then why is it still a question as to the efficacy of vaccines? Just asking a question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
Really ? How many people are dying of other things while those nasty unvaxxed are filling up ICUs ? We have numbers on that ? Where are they dying ? What are they dying from ?

I know you’re a bleeding heart so I’m here to tell you that you can actually care about multiple things at one time. We’ve been discussing a particular set of preventable deaths in this thread. If you want to start a different thread asking what we are doing about other preventable deaths, feel free to. If it’s tonight I’ll probably respond. It’s not a zero sum game.

And I never called the unvaxxed nasty. I’m sorry if the truth of not being vaxxed offends your delicate sensibilities. I know you want to be oppressed.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You have no idea if a vaccine would have prevented deaths. We don’t know is the only real answer yet. Good to see Mr. Libertarian down with mandates though.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
FavreFan wrote:
The doctors talking about it have made it abundantly clear it’s due to folks being irresponsible and not getting vaxxed. They are not ambiguous at all about this.

But sure, it’s because of a staffing shortage :lol:

CNN had something on it. https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... nt-surges/

Capacity for some hospitals is 85%. Some hospitals have 10 or less beds. Vaccinated are still getting the virus or a virus that’s similar. Who knows? I’m pretty sure they aren’t being honest about it whether it’s drs or the media, idk. There have been times in the last year where the media reports a big hospital crisis and then the hospital comes out and says it’s not true.

It’s not irresponsible to not be vaccinated.

Last edited by Spaulding on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:36 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
You have no idea if a vaccine would have prevented deaths. We don’t know is the only real answer yet. Good to see Mr. Libertarian down with mandates though.

Yes, we do know. Unless you think there’s a worldwide conspiracy by doctors to all tell us the wrong info about what’s causing the deaths. I believe you may be dumb enough to think that though so I get it.

Please tell me where I endorsed mandates and I’ll retract it, apologize, and tell you that you were correct. I’m guessing you’re gonna have a hard time with that though since you’re full of shit when it comes to stuff like this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:38 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
The doctors talking about it have made it abundantly clear it’s due to folks being irresponsible and not getting vaxxed. They are not ambiguous at all about this.

But sure, it’s because of a staffing shortage :lol:

CNN had something on it. https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... nt-surges/

Capacity for some hospitals is 85%. Some hospitals have 10 or less beds. Vaccinated are still getting the virus or a virus that’s similar. Who knows? I’m pretty sure they aren’t being honest about it whether it’s drs or the media, idk. There have been times in the last year where the media reports a big hospital crisis and then the hospital comes out and says it’s not true.

It’s not irresponsible to not be vaccinated.

Your last sentence is just plain fucking dumb and every possible data point we know supports it being just plain fucking dumb. It’s not worth mincing words about at this point.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Your last sentence is just plain fucking dumb and every possible data point we know supports it being just plain fucking dumb. It’s not worth mincing words about at this point.

Who am I being irresponsible toward or with and how? The vaccinated are vaccinated and are protected. There is no need for them to fear anybody. Statistically at my age and a person in my health condition should be okay even if I had COVID. Some unvaccinated people probably had COVID and don’t need the vaccination. I may or may not be one of them. I should have freedom to exist and I should have a choice especially in light of all the shady shit that has gone on this past year. I think this is important. Why do you trust any of this? I don’t think this is about health anymore and I don’t think it has been for a long time.

2 weeks to flatten the curve, 100 days, but there will be another pandemic, they are already guaranteeing that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:18 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who am I being irresponsible toward or with and how?

What’s with you anti vax folks asking questions that have already been recently answered in the exact same thread you’re asking the question in?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:39 pm 

Sorry you feel that way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:01 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Sorry you feel that way.

Not really a feeling. It’s just annoying hearing people ask questions that have already been answered multiple times recently to them. As a parent I’m sure you understand.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Yes, we do know. Unless you think there’s a worldwide conspiracy by doctors to all tell us the wrong info about what’s causing the deaths. I believe you may be dumb enough to think that though so I get it.

Please tell me where I endorsed mandates and I’ll retract it, apologize, and tell you that you were correct. I’m guessing you’re gonna have a hard time with that though since you’re full of shit when it comes to stuff like this.

WFR, you still digging trying to find where I endorsed mandates and said I was “down” with them?

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:14 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who am I being irresponsible toward or with and how? The vaccinated are vaccinated and are protected. There is no need for them to fear anybody. Statistically at my age and a person in my health condition should be okay even if I had COVID. Some unvaccinated people probably had COVID and don’t need the vaccination. I may or may not be one of them. I should have freedom to exist and I should have a choice especially in light of all the shady shit that has gone on this past year. I think this is important. Why do you trust any of this? I don’t think this is about health anymore and I don’t think it has been for a long time.

2 weeks to flatten the curve, 100 days, but there will be another pandemic, they are already guaranteeing that.

I’ll address this full post, since you and others here seem to conflate some things regarding COVID.

I don’t think my COVID stance is that radical. Nor do I think it’s anti-libertarian. It seems pretty straightforward to me really.

- The vaccine is good for you. You should get it. Every possible data evaluation we have says it is beneficial to you and to those around you if you get the vaccine. This is not media and government saying this. This is doctors and scientists and data crunchers saying this. Roughly 95%+ of researchers who have looked into this have come to the same conclusion. The very few who haven’t have almost always been quickly found to be paid by outside interests.

- Masks are dumb. They shouldn’t be worn. It’s especially harmful and disturbing to have kids wearing them while outside playing with others. There’s significant research that suggests it stunts their social development and they are not at any significant COVID risk.

- Related to that point, schools should do everything they can to be open and encourage in person schooling and learning.

- Any government mandate of a vaccine on any level should be argued against. I don’t think it’s right or ethical to mandate any vaccine, even one as clearly beneficial as I believe this COVID one has proven to be.

- Related to the above point, nobody should feel like they have to take the vaccine. I still believe in freedom of choices as you said and this is a choice and should remain one. That said, if you feel “pressure” to get the vaccine because guys like me are spelling out the numerous ways you’re being ignorant for refusing it, I consider that a good thing.

- Vaccine “passports” should be judged on a case by case basis. Every business should clearly have the right to refuse anyone they want, especially if they believe it’s jeopardizing the health of their other customers. If you don’t like it, you have an easy solution, don’t patronize that business anymore. If you can’t enter the city of Chicago as a citizen without a vaccine, that’s a big fucking problem and it’s pitchfork time. If you can’t enter a Chili’s for the same reason, tough shit, eat somewhere else.

I think that basically covers it. Hope it helps clarify things so you don’t mistakenly think I’m telling you to mask up everywhere again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:42 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I wonder how much liberals are to blame for the vaccine becoming a matter of My Freedoms. If you remember early on, no less than Kamala Harris herself said on national television that she wouldn't hurry to get the vaccine because it was still "the Trump vaccine" at the time. It's not hard to imagine an alternate universe where Trump won the election (a good chunk of the country seems to live there already) and conservatives are getting vaccinated to own Kamala Harris and changing their names on Twitter to "Trump-Vaccinated Deplorable Earl." Meanwhile in this alternate universe, liberals are not Trusting The Science because now it's the wrong kind of Science, so they're #resisting the Trump vaccine in favor of wearing masks forever. It didn't work out that way, of course, the current reversed flow, and here we are now with My Freedoms.

It's crazy, because you would think that the pandemic could be the only thing that could transcend our culture war, but even that can't do it. We have to have parallel treatments of a pandemic for our dueling tribes. Refusing the preventive treatment of the vaccine that may not work in favor of the reactive treatment of ivermectin, which also may not work, is part of what it means to be a Republican in 2021.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:59 am 

Well, a couple notes there, even though I find the post interesting.

I don’t think there’s two parallel treatments based on political party. I think the anti vax folks are very largely just saying this shit isn’t a big deal, no treatment needed. Until they get sick enough to require an ICU bed. It’s just the truly weird who are taking the horse and dog medicine for it.

As others have said, the anti vax shit isn’t tribalism even though it’s portrayed that way. Lebron James and Lamar Jackson aren’t Trump guys. There’s a huge reluctance to the vaccine in minority communities too. White conservatives aren’t the only idiots here. It does a disservice to the “just take the shot you dumbass and no I’m not mandating you take it” message to label them Republicans. Call out the other dipshits too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
badrogue17 wrote:
Really ? How many people are dying of other things while those nasty unvaxxed are filling up ICUs ? We have numbers on that ? Where are they dying ? What are they dying from ?

Gun shot wounds

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
FavreFan wrote:
The vaccine is good for you.

I don't know about that.

Anyway, I'll say again, the inadequacies of a particular healthcare system do not nullify the freedoms with which we are born.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Also, you can tell how political it is for some people just from the language they use. Take "anti-vaxx" for example. I'm not anti-vaxx. I'm very pro-vaxx. I think FavreFan should take 100 boosters a month if he wants to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Well, a couple notes there, even though I find the post interesting.

I don’t think there’s two parallel treatments based on political party. I think the anti vax folks are very largely just saying this shit isn’t a big deal, no treatment needed. Until they get sick enough to require an ICU bed. It’s just the truly weird who are taking the horse and dog medicine for it.

As others have said, the anti vax shit isn’t tribalism even though it’s portrayed that way. Lebron James and Lamar Jackson aren’t Trump guys. There’s a huge reluctance to the vaccine in minority communities too. White conservatives aren’t the only idiots here. It does a disservice to the “just take the shot you dumbass and no I’m not mandating you take it” message to label them Republicans. Call out the other dipshits too.

Not a problem. Frankly I'll even suggest (like many employers) that the unvaccinated either should be under strict restrictions or fired if they don't add value to the business. Especially in food services.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:33 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Also, you can tell how political it is for some people just from the language they use. Take "anti-vaxx" for example. I'm not anti-vaxx. I'm very pro-vaxx. I think FavreFan should take 100 boosters a month if he wants to.

Then take one. Or sit outside at LaScala for your meal. In November.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nope. I'll go where my business is appreciated and a lot of the businesses that think they can just throw away 30% of their customer base will probably go under. I won't feel bad.

And seriously, I have little inclination to listen to the same people who screeched "LAWS OFF MY BODY!" and "IF YOU DON'T LIKE ABORTIONS, DON'T GET ONE" for the last fifty years lecture me about what I should put in my body.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Being against the COVID vaccine is equally nutty as the anti vax autism folks. It’s a fair and accurate term for this discussion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:25 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nope. I'll go where my business is appreciated and a lot of the businesses that think they can just throw away 30% of their customer base will probably go under. I won't feel bad.

And seriously, I have little inclination to listen to the same people who screeched "LAWS OFF MY BODY!" and "IF YOU DON'T LIKE ABORTIONS, DON'T GET ONE" for the last fifty years lecture me about what I should put in my body.

Spoken like a Sidney Powell devotee.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:29 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Being against the COVID vaccine is equally nutty as the anti vax autism folks. It’s a fair and accurate term for this discussion.

I'm not against it. I'm happy it's available and that it makes you feel safe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Vaccines for some. Miniature American flags for others.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm not against it. I'm happy it'd available and that it makes you feel safe.

You try to discount it and you crap on it every single chance you get. But you're not against it.

That's some serious pretzel logic.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You try to discount it and you crap on it every single chance you get. But you're not against it.

Didn't you just a few days ago treat the board to your own rousing rendition of "Show Me EXACTLY Where I Said That!"?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't do any of that, actually. I just don't want you or Joe Biden or anyone else ordering me to take it or limiting where I can go because I choose not to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think pointing out that a lot of crap like this is informing decisions that have dramatic effect on our lives is "shitting on the vaccines".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I thought this thread was about Kimmel being a turncoat, pussy, hollywood liberal cuck?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You discount the vaccine and its Effectiveness almost every chance you got. You've done so at least four or five times already in this thread. The very fact that at least 95% of people in hospitals and morgues over the last couple of months are/were unvaccinated is a "claptrap"

But you aren't against it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10