It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:26 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'll take my chances against boomerangs and machetes any day of the week.
You do realize just how low the odds are of ever being near a mass shooting is?

I'd say roughly 32 miles from where I'm sitting, so pretty good.

http://www.heyjackass.com
I said mass shootings.

An incident involving multiple victims of firearm violence?
That isn't the life of most people in the Chicago area though. Most shootings are either gang related or between people who know each other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Caller Bob wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Plane hijackings have essentially been eliminated via regulations(yes, that can be inconvenient at times).

A little easier to control what and who gets on and off a plane with 400 people max then it is a 2700 mile country bordering two other countries and hundreds of ports on two ocean fronts with over 300 million people. And we have no-fly lists, but sadly pretty much anyone can come into our country.

I was speaking to hotel security moving forward...which would be a mild inconvenience at best. Most major office buildings in big cities have similar security..you would just implement it for hotel guest. Or watch a building go 'boom'...eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'll take my chances against boomerangs and machetes any day of the week.
You do realize just how low the odds are of ever being near a mass shooting is?

I'd say roughly 32 miles from where I'm sitting, so pretty good.

http://www.heyjackass.com
I said mass shootings.

An incident involving multiple victims of firearm violence?
That isn't the life of most people in the Chicago area though. Most shootings are either gang related or between people who know each other.

Yeah, Chicago does the best job in the country of making sure those shootings happen in a certain area of the city.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Automatic weapons in the hands of black people doesn't really scare me. Don't fuck with their "shit' and they are probably not going to mess with you. Same for the I-Talians.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Caller Bob wrote:
Automatic weapons in the hands of black people doesn't really scare me. Don't fuck with their "shit' and they are probably not going to mess with you. Same for the I-Talians.

Especially because they usually hold them sideways and cannot shoot for shit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:06 am 

One Post wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Considering his newborn son had to have fucking open heart surgery, I think it's ok...

This.

This again.

To emphasize, this again.

My wife and I had a son in December. The docs heard a murmur and ordered the echo cardiogram. You're sitting in a dark room with this impossibly fragile human who you are in charge of protecting, wondering if there is a problem how do they even fix it. What is a baby's heart, the size of a half dollar?

There is no greater feeling of helplessness then staring at a 20 hour old human being undergoing a test to determine if his heart is a viable organ to sustain human life for any prolonged period of time.

Kid turned one today. :D

Don't even know what made me remember I posted this. Glad I did though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Here's what he really said;

Quote:
Dr. Fauci said that if hospitals get any more overcrowded, they’re gonna have to make some very tough choices about who gets an ICU bed. That choice doesn’t seem so tough to me. Vaccinated person having a heart attack? Yes, come right in, we’ll take care of you. Unvaccinated guy who gobbled horse goo? Rest in peace, wheezy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Each side wishes the other side dead from its respective means of treating COVID-19. Conservatives celebrate vaccine complications like Palestinians celebrating 9/11. I don't know how we're going to resolve that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:
Each side wishes the other side dead from its respective means of treating COVID-19. Conservatives celebrate vaccine complications like Palestinians celebrating 9/11. I don't know how we're going to resolve that.

This has not been true in my experience. Several conservatives I know and people they love are vaccinated. They don't wish harm on anybody. The complications are used as evidence of why they don't want to take the risk of being vaccinated.

I'm mostly center right or an odd mix of ideas I certainly don't wish for or celebrate anybody's death, illness, or whatever whether they are unvaccinated or vaccinated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

This has not been true in my experience. Several conservatives I know and people they love are vaccinated. They don't wish harm on anybody. The complications are used as evidence of why they don't want to take the risk of being vaccinated.

I'm mostly center right or an odd mix of ideas I certainly don't wish for or celebrate anybody's death, illness, or whatever whether they are unvaccinated or vaccinated.

They mostly just want to be left the fuck alone and are quite comfortable living being unvaxxed but that isn’t good enough for the left .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:22 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Conservatives are calling for hospitals to not treat people with vaccine complications? You are a smart and creative guy, but you are letting tribalism blind you.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Conservatives are calling for hospitals to not treat people with vaccine complications? You are a smart and creative guy, but you are letting tribalism blind you.
:lol: :lol: Gotta love wfr. A light night talk show host makes a joke about something, and suddenly all liberals are calling for people not to be treated in hospitals.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: :lol: Gotta love wfr. A light night talk show host makes a joke about something, and suddenly all liberals are calling for people not to be treated in hospitals.

You seriously think noted Utah Jamz alum James Kimmel is the only lefty calling for that type of thing?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

I'm sure its been mentioned by others, just like conservatives have called for equally silly things on the opposite side of the coin.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I think the issue is that all we hear from are the extremes of both sides. I'm vaccinated, completely comfortable with that choice, and just want to be left the fuck alone. I have friends who aren't. And are comfortable with that. And just want to be left the fuck alone.

All I really want is to take the most vocal extremes from both sides, round them up, take away their access to all outside communication, and drop them in the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, without boats or floatation devices....and take everyone that calls their jobs "influencers" with them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:40 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think if you really think about people here, most of the liberals would think they had a victory if something happened covid related to me or my children. I think few conservatives would feel that way if the situation were reversed.

People were really happy Rogan got it. Big news!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:43 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think the issue is that all we hear from are the extremes of both sides. I'm vaccinated, completely comfortable with that choice, and just want to be left the fuck alone. I have friends who aren't. And are comfortable with that. And just want to be left the fuck alone.

All I really want is to take the most vocal extremes from both sides, round them up, take away their access to all outside communication, and drop them in the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean, without boats or floatation devices....and take everyone that calls their jobs "influencers" with them.

Are there really a ton of people running around being extreme about not getting vaccinated? I think most on the non vaccinated side don't care what others do and are fine with their decision.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:44 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think if you really think about people here, most of the liberals would think they had a victory if something happened covid related to me or my children. I think few conservatives would feel that way if the situation were reversed.

People were really happy Rogan got it. Big news!

I think using "most" as a descriptor is a bit closed minded and biased. Vocal minority, yes. But probably not "most".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:45 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think using "most" as a descriptor is a bit closed minded and biased. Vocal minority, yes. But probably not "most".

Okay maybe I was thinking in terms of vocal. It's more than it should be for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:46 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Are there really a ton of people running around being extreme about not getting vaccinated? I think most on the non vaccinated side don't care what others do and are fine with their decision.

Yes, there are about as many that are vocally extreme about not getting vaccinated as there are about getting vaccinated. And both groups make up an extremely vocal minority. They're just really good at shouting down those of us who are just sick of this shit and trying to do what needs to be done to get on with our lives, without having to listen to the overt whining anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:46 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Okay maybe I was thinking in terms of vocal. It's more than it should be for sure.

Well yeah, but anyone with any decency, which I like to think is still a majority of the population, would not like to see anything bad happen to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Sad how Kimmel went from Titties and "Zigge Zagge Hoi Hoi Hoi!" to a uber Beta like SpiralStairs. Sad, very Sad!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Well yeah, but anyone with any decency, which I like to think is still a majority of the population, would not like to see anything bad happen to anyone.

In real life, you are right. Online, Spaulding is right.

Which is to say the temptation to turn into an asshole is too hard to resist once you're sitting behind a screen.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

In real life, you are right. Online, Spaulding is right.

Which is to say the temptation to turn into an asshole is too hard to resist once you're sitting behind a screen.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I still like to think that it's still a vocal minority of keyboard warriors...like 3 dorks in a basement with like 12 accounts each, Keeping Score style.

Also, die in a fire***

***I don't really mean that, but I haven't been an asshole all day and it was making me sad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

And we see what happens when people are given the opportunity to step away from their screen and talk...

Nobody worth a pile of dogshit actively celebrates Covid deaths. I will say that personally, its harder for me to have any sympathy when I hear of unvaccinated people die. It still sucks that it happens, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:57 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
And we see what happens when people are given the opportunity to step away from their screen and talk...

Nobody worth a pile of dogshit actively celebrates Covid deaths. I will say that personally, its harder for me to have any sympathy when I hear of unvaccinated people die. It still sucks that it happens, though.

See...and maybe sometimes its good to be a little bit of a cold blooded dickhead...I feel bad when someone I know loses someone they know.

Random strangers...pretty much a shrug and I move on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:45 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

See...and maybe sometimes its good to be a little bit of a cold blooded dickhead...I feel bad when someone I know loses someone they know.

Random strangers...pretty much a shrug and I move on.

That's part of what I mean. That's not a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Curious Hair wrote:

I haven't seen that yet, specifically, but I certainly have seen both sides reveling in the other's misfortune. To be fair, when you see a conservative talk show host write song parodies about how covid isn't real and then promptly die of it, it's hard to ignore that.

I don't agree with The Libs that unvaccinated people should be left to die in the streets (or hospital parking lots, as the case may be), but from everything I've seen, it would really help everyone out a lot if they did get vaccinated. Unfortunately, it's a culture-war issue at this point, speaking of blind tribalism. To get the shot is the ultimate surrender to The Libs, and that's unconscionable for MANY.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next