It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
To get the shot is the ultimate surrender to The Libs
Caller Bob wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Each side wishes the other side dead from its respective means of treating COVID-19. Conservatives celebrate vaccine complications like Palestinians celebrating 9/11. I don't know how we're going to resolve that.

Conservatives are calling for hospitals to not treat people with vaccine complications? You are a smart and creative guy, but you are letting tribalism blind you.

I haven't seen that yet, specifically, but I certainly have seen both sides reveling in the other's misfortune. To be fair, when you see a conservative talk show host write song parodies about how covid isn't real and then promptly die of it, it's hard to ignore that.

I don't agree with The Libs that unvaccinated people should be left to die in the streets (or hospital parking lots, as the case may be), but from everything I've seen, it would really help everyone out a lot if they did get vaccinated. Unfortunately, it's a culture-war issue at this point, speaking of blind tribalism. To get the shot is the ultimate surrender to The Libs, and that's unconscionable for MANY.

I truly do not understand modern liberalism if it's trust big pharma, ignore civil liberties, and don't question the government. The vaccine is a novel treatment that clearly isn't working as originally advertised or the CDC would not be shadow editing their website to change the definition of vaccine. Novel treatments are pure profit for big pharma so of course it's their self-interest to push them.

We are at more than half of the population vaccinated, and the significant portion with antibodies. Yet we are getting more restrictive. I fear corporate power over the individual. That used to be a liberal position. Now it's show your papers to work or participate in society. And if you think they are going to stop with it's just for this one time, don't forget this is from the people who said two weeks to flatten the curve.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:
I haven't seen that yet, specifically, but I certainly have seen both sides reveling in the other's misfortune. To be fair, when you see a conservative talk show host write song parodies about how covid isn't real and then promptly die of it, it's hard to ignore that.

I don't agree with The Libs that unvaccinated people should be left to die in the streets (or hospital parking lots, as the case may be), but from everything I've seen, it would really help everyone out a lot if they did get vaccinated. Unfortunately, it's a culture-war issue at this point, speaking of blind tribalism. To get the shot is the ultimate surrender to The Libs, and that's unconscionable for MANY.

What does the underlined mean? I'm not following.

I don't see it as a culture war for me or part of any tribe. It's a personal decision. It's me on my own saying I don't want to be forced or my kids to be forced into getting this for lots of reasons. There are basic principles that are being violated here. I really don't care what anybody else does or doesn't do and I feel bad for any negative consequences suffered as a result of the choices that really aren't great options. It's really sad what's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
And we see what happens when people are given the opportunity to step away from their screen and talk...

Nobody worth a pile of dogshit actively celebrates Covid deaths. I will say that personally, its harder for me to have any sympathy when I hear of unvaccinated people die. It still sucks that it happens, though.

See...and maybe sometimes its good to be a little bit of a cold blooded dickhead...I feel bad when someone I know loses someone they know.

Random strangers...pretty much a shrug and I move on.

That's part of what I mean. That's not a good thing.

I don’t know. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough about it. I just don’t fret and worry over every little thing. Maybe the issue is that life is just too public now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:07 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I don't see it as a culture war for me or part of any tribe. It's a personal decision. It's me on my own saying I don't want to be forced or my kids to be forced into getting this for lots of reasons. There are basic principles that are being violated here. I really don't care what anybody else does or doesn't do and I feel bad for any negative consequences suffered as a result of the choices that really aren't great options. It's really sad what's going on.

It means that despite whatever cherry-picking conservatives do to maintain their anti-vaccine and anti-The Libs stance, the vaccines do work in mitigating infections and keeping people out of the hospital. If you don't want to be seriously ill, you're better off vaccinated than unvaccinated.

And it absolutely is a culture war. Suddenly there are all these middle-class moms talking about protecting their babies from the scourge of modernity like they're religious extremists. There was always the one kid in 6th grade who was opted out of the hepatitis shots because his parents thought there was an 11th commandment that said "thou shalt not inject inert viral material." Now that's just like the third of the country that always votes Republican.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:19 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
It means that despite whatever cherry-picking conservatives do to maintain their anti-vaccine and anti-The Libs stance, the vaccines do work in mitigating infections and keeping people out of the hospital. If you don't want to be seriously ill, you're better off vaccinated than unvaccinated.

And it absolutely is a culture war. Suddenly there are all these middle-class moms talking about protecting their babies from the scourge of modernity like they're religious extremists. There was always the one kid in 6th grade who was opted out of the hepatitis shots because his parents thought there was an 11th commandment that said "thou shalt not inject inert viral material." Now that's just like the third of the country that always votes Republican.

There are a lot of black, hispanic and young people aren't vaccinated - they probably aren't conservative.

I don't know what to believe anymore. There's never been good data and nobody is truthful or honest. It's a big pile of shit. Do you have the statistics on all of it? I'd like to read what you are reading.

Last edited by Spaulding on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The chances of being seriously ill are negligible with or without this vaccine .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:27 pm 

I feel there are a lot of unanswered questions and there is no interest in answering those questions unless the answer is just get the vaccine which is weird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Spaulding wrote:
I feel there are a lot of unanswered questions and there is no interest in answering those questions unless the answer is just get the vaccine which is weird.

FWIW, you’re obviously correct.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:

There are some questions. What part of the problem is no matter what the answer to those questions are, even if they're rooted in common sense or science, you still question them. No answer is ever good enough for you. You will probably never get the vaccine, unless like you said a few pages ago something actually happens to your children covid related. That's probably the only thing that will ever change your mind at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
There are some questions. What part of the problem is no matter what the answer to those questions are, even if they're rooted in common sense or science, you still question them. No answer is ever good enough for you. You will probably never get the vaccine, unless like you said a few pages ago something actually happens to your children covid related. That's probably the only thing that will ever change your mind at this point.

That’s your feelings talking. Maybe if I got some rational or logical answers with actual trustable data I’d change my mind. Maybe if things were at all consistent it would be different. That’s not what we’ve had this past year and it’s continuing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

You can say what you want, but you have demonstrated that nothing short of one of your immediate family members getting pretty ill* with covid is ever going to change your mind with this vaccine. And even then, it wouldn't surprise me if you still go unvaccinated.

Which is just fine if that's your choice.

*edit typo

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:05 pm 

Not sure it would make them prettier. We know people that have had COVID, we know 1 that died, we might have had it don’t know.

I might never get vaccinated, but they are doing everything they can to keep it that way. There is no reason to trust anything.

And it doesn’t seem fine, at least as far as that it’s my choice. It seems to be a huge problem for others and I’m not even sure why. This shit is never ending even when they’ve said there is an end point. And then it just gets crazier. What the fuck are we doing and why?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:57 am 

No reason to trust anything?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:20 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

8 years of dealing with the medical system almost killed me. I didnt get better until i gave up and went rogue. Obviously that's not the answer for everything, but it did work for me in this case. I saved my life. They tried to kill me. SO, do I have hesitance about the vaccines? you god damn right i do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:22 am 

Spaulding wrote:
What the fuck are we doing and why?

the working poor class (young) is directly threatening the wealthy (old) with their scary virus. this is not acceptable. they control the media, they own the corporations, and they pay congress. it's easy to see what 'we' are doing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Spaulding wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That’s your feelings talking. Maybe if I got some rational or logical answers with actual trustable data I’d change my mind. Maybe if things were at all consistent it would be different. That’s not what we’ve had this past year and it’s continuing.

did you question all the other vaccines you and your kids got this hard? seems like the possible long haul effects of getting covid are worse than whatever imagined long term effects of the vaccine may have

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:34 am 

Spaulding wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
And we see what happens when people are given the opportunity to step away from their screen and talk...

Nobody worth a pile of dogshit actively celebrates Covid deaths. I will say that personally, its harder for me to have any sympathy when I hear of unvaccinated people die. It still sucks that it happens, though.

See...and maybe sometimes its good to be a little bit of a cold blooded dickhead...I feel bad when someone I know loses someone they know.

Random strangers...pretty much a shrug and I move on.

That's part of what I mean. That's not a good thing.

Seems like a pretty natural reaction to me. What's not a good thing about it?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Each side wishes the other side dead from its respective means of treating COVID-19. Conservatives celebrate vaccine complications like Palestinians celebrating 9/11. I don't know how we're going to resolve that.

Conservatives are calling for hospitals to not treat people with vaccine complications? You are a smart and creative guy, but you are letting tribalism blind you.

Nailed it

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
To get the shot is the ultimate surrender to The Libs
Caller Bob wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The chances of being seriously ill are negligible with or without this vaccine .

Without the vaccine the chances of being seriously ill raise significantly. This isn't disputed at all at this point by anyone with any credibility.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
What are the chances of being seriously ill with and without a COVID shot?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:49 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I think pretty low. But still significantly higher for those without the shot. Also, seems worth noting that the unvaxxed are almost exclusively the ones taking up all the ICU beds, causing shit like this to happen

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-h ... e-illness/

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FavreFan wrote:

I think pretty low. But still significantly higher for those without the shot. Also, seems worth noting that the unvaxxed are almost exclusively the ones taking up all the ICU beds, causing shit like this to happen

I'm at the point where I say treat the unvaxxed Covid patient if capacity is there, but when we hit capacity like that, triage decision should be to pull the plug on the unvaxxed patient to make the bed available for the other patient.

If you want to remain unvaxxed fine, but then don't expect a hospital bed to be made available for you if others need care.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm at the point where I say treat the unvaxxed Covid patient if capacity is there, but when we hit capacity like that, triage decision should be to pull the plug on the unvaxxed patient to make the bed available for the other patient.

If you want to remain unvaxxed fine, but then don't expect a hospital bed to be made available for you if others need care.

Even in Israel? (Where 80% of the population is vaxxed)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:57 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:58 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

Ironic, coming from a self-admitting chain smoker like yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Seems reasonable to me.

Ironic, coming from a self-admitting chain smoker like yourself.

I'm not a chain smoker, just a smoker. If all the smokers were the ones dying in hospitals and filling up beds and non smokers couldnt get normal treatment, you may actually have a point though.

Besides, you're vaxxed Bobby. You'll be taken care of since you made the responsible choice. Good for you!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:

The VAST majority of people who get Covid dont even know they have it or have mild symptoms. With or without the vaccine. That isnt even disputable. Thus negligible. Like I said.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next