It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
No reason to trust anything?

It's become a pretty common sentiment over the last 11-12 years. And it's gotten worse with the trash that is social media.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Caller Bob wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
What are the chances of being seriously ill with and without a COVID shot?

I think pretty low. But still significantly higher for those without the shot. Also, seems worth noting that the unvaxxed are almost exclusively the ones taking up all the ICU beds, causing shit like this to happen

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-h ... e-illness/

I'm at the point where I say treat the unvaxxed Covid patient if capacity is there, but when we hit capacity like that, triage decision should be to pull the plug on the unvaxxed patient to make the bed available for the other patient.

If you want to remain unvaxxed fine, but then don't expect a hospital bed to be made available for you if others need care.

Even in Israel? (Where 80% of the population is vaxxed)

Israel has managed to avoid hitting capacity because enough of them are vaxxed. The cap on Israel's vaccinations right now is the under 12 group. Nearly 25% of the population falls in the group that is under 12 and thus unable to get a vaccine. That means cases are high but they are mostly in the younger group that handles the virus very well and thus isn't resulting in healthcare strain. Even though case load was higher with school open, deaths and hospitalizations never got high as high as previously during the Delta surge. Basically Israel's situation is one that is sustainable. High case count, but it's mainly in kids so hospitals aren't slammed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:16 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think pretty low. But still significantly higher for those without the shot. Also, seems worth noting that the unvaxxed are almost exclusively the ones taking up all the ICU beds, causing shit like this to happen

The VAST majority of people who get Covid dont even know they have it or have mild symptoms. With or without the vaccine. That isnt even disputable. Thus negligible. Like I said.

630,000 dead in 18 months is negligible?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'm at the point where I say treat the unvaxxed Covid patient if capacity is there, but when we hit capacity like that, triage decision should be to pull the plug on the unvaxxed patient to make the bed available for the other patient.

If you want to remain unvaxxed fine, but then don't expect a hospital bed to be made available for you if others need care.

Seems reasonable to me.

Ironic, coming from a self-admitting chain smoker like yourself.

I'm not a chain smoker, just a smoker. If all the smokers were the ones dying in hospitals and filling up beds and non smokers couldnt get normal treatment, you may actually have a point though.

Besides, you're vaxxed Bobby. You'll be taken care of since you made the responsible choice. Good for you!

The point is you chose to engage in activity that is damaging to the lungs and this is a respitory virus. By this logic you should also be denied a hospital bed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The VAST majority of people who get Covid dont even know they have it or have mild symptoms. With or without the vaccine. That isnt even disputable. Thus negligible. Like I said.

And the unvaxxed are the ones taking up ICU beds and causing the deaths of people with treatable illnesses like the above link shows. That isnt even disputable. Like I said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:20 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

The point is you chose to engage in activity that is damaging to the lungs and this is a respitory virus. By this logic you should also be denied a hospital bed.

Sure, deny me a hospital bed. I doubt I'll need one for awhile.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The point, which unsurprisingly you missed Bob, is that smokers are NOT causing hospitals to be overrun with no beds left.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The point, which unsurprisingly you missed Bob, is that smokers are NOT causing hospitals to be overrun with no beds left.

Also, basically every smoker I know, including me, admits it's a dumbass thing to do. If someone wants to call me a fucking idiot for smoking, it would be hard to disagree. If the anti vax folks showed at least that much self awareness it would be a little easier to take them seriously. Instead they want to inject horse medicine into themselves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Also, basically every smoker I know, including me, admits it's a dumbass thing to do. If someone wants to call me a fucking idiot for smoking, it would be hard to disagree. If the anti vax folks showed at least that much self awareness it would be a little easier to take them seriously. Instead they want to inject horse medicine into themselves.

Bingo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:24 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Same with alcohol or any other drug.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

They aren't? Let's clear the hospitals of smokers and see how many beds we have for non-smoking COVID patients.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

When you refer to Ivermectin as "horse medicine" you're making a political statement. So everything that comes afterward is easily dismissed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

They aren't? Let's clear the hospitals of smokers and see how many beds we have for non-smoking COVID patients.

Sounds fair to me. All smokers and unvaxxed folks dont get hospital beds because they caused their own suffering. Deal!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

When you refer to Ivermectin as "horse medicine" you're making a political statement. So everything that comes afterward is easily dismissed.

No, that's what it is. I realize literally everything is a political statement to you these days though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:31 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

630,000 dead in 18 months is negligible?

Out of how many have had it and survived ? 100 million ? Yeah the number is pretty negligible along with the people who have been seriously ill with it. . And of course the 600k number isnt really 600 k dead FROM Covid but you know that already.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Oddly enough, My unvaccinated self feels the same way.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand. My immune system has been like a perfect machine my entire life. I rarely get sick. And when I do, it's over quickly. I don't want to die from COVID. I don't want to get COVID. But I'd rather die from COVID than spend the next thirty years wondering if an untested vaccine caused my heretofore perfect immune system to suddenly not work as well as I deal with odd and chronic symptoms. Now maybe that wouldn't happen. But this is a personal decision. It's not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't matter. When I thought the vaccines worked nearly perfectly I was hesitant. Now that we know they barely work at all, I really don't see any upside in giving my perfect immune system new directions via an untested mRNA vaccine from a felonious pharmaceutical company.

100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Were hospitals over run and treating people in parking lots before Covid? Maybe after a disaster like a plane crash or a tornado, but it wasn't commonplace for ICUs over the course of hundreds of miles to be completely out of beds.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:32 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No, that's what it is. I realize literally everything is a political statement to you these days though.

That isn't what it is and the fact that you believe it is just shows the political bubble in which you're living.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Were hospitals over run and treating people in parking lots before Covid? Maybe after a disaster like a plane crash or a tornado, but it wasn't commonplace for ICUs over the course of hundreds of miles to be completely out of beds.

I don't think they're doing that now. But if they are, why not kick the fat people and smokers to the street and give the beds to otherwise fit COVID patients?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Hospitals aren't being overrun now either. But fine kick out the fatties, the smokers and the fucking idiots that drive to rest areas to get their asses beat by black men.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think they're doing that now. But if they are, why not kick the fat people and smokers to the street and give the beds to otherwise fit COVID patients?

:lol: I dont think there are a lot of otherwise fit covid patients that need to be hospitalized to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

You three are all missing the point. Pre-Covid, were obese people and smoking causing hospitals overrun capacity? You all know that the answer to that is , "No," but you none of you will admit because it doesn't suit you agenda. In certain areas of the country, hospitals and ICUs are out of beds or on the precipice of running out of beds. Fact.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
If the anti vax folks showed at least that much self awareness it would be a little easier to take them seriously. Instead they want to inject horse medicine into themselves.
But that isn't what MANY unvaxxinated people are doing. They are calling vets and livestock supply houses to get horse and sheep medicine. They aren't taking prescribed, low dose Soolantra like what is used to treat roundworm.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:39 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

This shouldn't be difficult to understand. My immune system has been like a perfect machine my entire life. I rarely get sick. And when I do, it's over quickly. I don't want to die from COVID. I don't want to get COVID. But I'd rather die from COVID than spend the next thirty years wondering if an untested vaccine caused my heretofore perfect immune system to suddenly not work as well as I deal with odd and chronic symptoms. Now maybe that wouldn't happen. But this is a personal decision. It's not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't matter. When I thought the vaccines worked nearly perfectly I was hesitant. Now that we know they barely work at all, I really don't see any upside in giving my perfect immune system new directions via an untested mRNA vaccine from a felonious pharmaceutical company.

Seems obvious to me they work, considering the enormous disparity between whos dying and who isnt. It's not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't matter.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You three are all missing the point. Pre-Covid, were obese people and smoking causing hospitals overrun capacity? You all know that the answer to that is , "No," but you none of you will admit because it doesn't suit you agenda. In certain areas of the country, hospitals and ICUs are out of beds or on the precipice of running out of beds. Fact.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
If the anti vax folks showed at least that much self awareness it would be a little easier to take them seriously. Instead they want to inject horse medicine into themselves.
But that isn't what MANY unvaxxinated people are doing. They are calling vets and livestock supply houses to get horse and sheep medicine. They aren't taking prescribed, low dose Soolantra like what is used for head lice.

In another thread you just said it was unethical for doctors to prescribe "horse medicine". Nobody is prescribing horse medicine. If some idiot wants to go pick up fish tank cleaner or horse dewormer because it shares ingredients with a tested and approved human medicine, that's not my problem nor is it yours. So I don't know what your point is. That there are idiots in the world? Yeah, no shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
But that isn't what MANY unvaxxinated people are doing. They are calling vets and livestock supply houses to get horse and sheep medicine. They aren't taking prescribed, low dose Soolantra like what is used roundworm.

I even understand theyre overrunning hospitals in Oklahoma with overdoses so much that gunshot victims cant be treated

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

That isn't what it is and the fact that you believe it is just shows the political bubble in which you're living.

Accusing everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant of facts and that THEY are the ones in a political bubble, typical JORR since August 2016, kicked up again in January 2017 and then into overdrive last winter. Even with Libertarians like Favre.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Seems obvious to me they work, considering the enormous disparity between whos dying and who isnt. It's not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Well, it certainly is up for debate. You have no idea who is or who isn't dying except based upon information you are receiving from the same people who have lied at every turn about almost everything concerning this pandemic. And if they really work, why is the president worried about protecting you with your working vaccine from me? Could it be he knows something you don't?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:44 am 

Of course we know who is dying and who isn’t. But i forgot I’m talking to a guy who wouldn’t believe the sky is blue if the media said it was.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Accusing everyone who disagrees with you ignorant of facts and that THEY are the ones in a political bubble, typical JORR since August 2016, kicked up again in January 2017 and then into overdrive last winter. Even with Libertarians like Favre.

You turned your back on every principle you ever held because DRUMPF. Now give us a diatribe on how that isn't true when everyone knows it is.

But to the point, if you're dismissing Ivermectin as "horse medicine" you're either ignorant of the facts (that's the charitable assumption) or a liar with an agenda.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:46 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Of course we know who is dying and who isn’t. But i forgot I’m talking to a guy who wouldn’t believe the sky is blue if the media said it was.

Okay, how many vaccinated people have died? How many unvaccinated?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next