Chus (or chas - I can't remember) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Joe Orr Road Rod 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
America 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
jimmypasta 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'm in contact with him on Facebook. I know why he got banned and it was bullshit.

He got banned because WSI had this stupid rule where when you posted a link you couldn't copy a paragraph or two from the article and paste it. They thought they had a high enough profile that they would get sued by the content creator :lol:

People pull quotes when linking to articles all the time to give a summary or highlight a point. It's common practice and would even be considered "fair use" under copyright law.

That's why he got banned and yep it's bullshit, just like everything else the admin there does.

Should tell him to post here. And what you are describing is the entire business model of the Huffington Post.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:44 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
They banned all of the good posters for petty shit and wonder why that place is a ghost town.
At least bigfan was smart enough to not ban any good posters.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
That place sucks. I got banned for starting a thread about favorite beer vendors. The goofs that run the site aren't even in Chicago. What the fuck do they know about the White Sox?

It was some guy named George who founded it. I met one of their admins at Soxfest. He probably weighed 400 pounds and was very pissy. I remember thinking he was a terrible ambassador for a website, but he represented the user experience well.

I remember swearing in a gamethread, and this poster Mary Swiss said that she was offended and to act like I was in front of my mother. It was like posting in a grade school classroom.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Fri May 12, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
That place sucks. I got banned for starting a thread about favorite beer vendors. The goofs that run the site aren't even in Chicago. What the fuck do they know about the White Sox?

It was some guy named George who founded it. I met one of their admins at Soxfest. He probably weighed 400 pounds and was very pissy. I remember thinking was a terrible ambassador for a website, but he represented the user experience well.

It remember swearing in a gamethread, and this poster Mary Swiss said that she was offended and to act like I was in front of my mother. It was like posting in a grade school classroom.

Remember the WSI Drinking Team? They all got banned overnight because they went to another board to bash the admin and one of them narked on the entire group... that site is like fucking middle school :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:00 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It was some guy named George who founded it. I met one of their admins at Soxfest. He probably weighed 400 pounds and was very pissy. I remember thinking was a terrible ambassador for a website, but he represented the user experience well.

It remember swearing in a gamethread, and this poster Mary Swiss said that she was offended and to act like I was in front of my mother. It was like posting in a grade school classroom.

Remember the WSI Drinking Team? They all got banned overnight because they went to another board to bash the admin and one of them narked on the entire group... that site is like fucking middle school :lol:

I vaguely remember it. I do remember them all being banned, but I did not know why. That was another thing about it. They had a vow of secrecy about why people were banned. It cannot be talked about.

Was it that Brian admin? Or the plumber guy?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
They banned all of the good posters for petty shit and wonder why that place is a ghost town.
At least bigfan was smart enough to not ban any good posters.

Ahem.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:18 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've never ran a message board but I do have some knowledge of it and other stuff and if I may defend pretty much any admin it's a pretty thankless job filled with daily headaches that would drive most people somewhat crazy dealing with it for years. That's why most of the big forums either have the owners step back eventually and let others run it or they change hands or just fail. It's like running a business where at least 5% of your users are unhinged loons that cause 95% of the problems. Eventually you just don't want to deal with it and you just ban anyone who crosses you. It's dumb and a site killer but it's at least in small part understandable.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've never ran a message board but I do have some knowledge of it and other stuff and if I may defend pretty much any admin it's a pretty thankless job filled with daily headaches that would drive most people somewhat crazy dealing with it for years. That's why most of the big forums either have the owners step back eventually and let others run it or they change hands or just fail. It's like running a business where at least 5% of your users are unhinged loons that cause 95% of the problems. Eventually you just don't want to deal with it and you just ban anyone who crosses you. It's dumb and a site killer but it's at least in small part understandable.

Could you give a few names of these "loons"?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think we can guess :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:24 am 

Cashman wrote:
goldendomer, Panther, chas, leashyourkids.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don't wanna include Beardown?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It certainly is. Some people do not have the make-up for it, and are just petty and thin-skinned in real life as well. From my brief interactions there I would suspect that to be the case.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Cashman wrote:
goldendomer, Panther, chas, leashyourkids.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cashman wrote:
Don't wanna include Beardown?

Beardown is harmless.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Did they buy drinks?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Rick is gaslighting me.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It was some guy named George who founded it. I met one of their admins at Soxfest. He probably weighed 400 pounds and was very pissy. I remember thinking he was a terrible ambassador for a website, but he represented the user experience well.

I remember swearing in a gamethread, and this poster Mary Swiss said that she was offended and to act like I was in front of my mother. It was like posting in a grade school classroom.

George Bova is that turd's name.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I still recall one tremendous DB above all other...DAVER. haven't been to that site in at least 10 years.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:00 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I vaguely remember it. I do remember them all being banned, but I did not know why. That was another thing about it. They had a vow of secrecy about why people were banned. It cannot be talked about.

Was it that Brian admin? Or the plumber guy?

I forgot about that plumber guy. He is an expert on all subjects.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

George Bova is that turd's name.

Ha. That's right Palehose George. I remember he claimed to have a close relationship with his daughter in utero. And that he would have known if she was switched at birth when discussing a case that was in the news. Strange claim.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:29 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Yep. That was Daver. The smartest plumber in the world.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:

what an insufferable asshole that guy was. maybe we can get him to join CSFMB.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Jesus, I don't think I would last 30 seconds on that site.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:47 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

what an insufferable asshole that guy was. maybe we can get him to join CSFMB.

Is. And :lol:

The best part is that I think Brian26 was even worse.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Did he insult people who suggested going tankless?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am 

all the Sox boards are littered with assholes. makes you wonder sometimes....