It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comey Fired
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
only guy in DC who actually does his job got fired. stupid. i dont believe in the russia stuff either but it looks bad for Trump.

Well if Comey decides to run for President in 2020 I'd vote for him. He's automatically the front runner.

Post subject: Re: Comey Fired
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
HawaiiYou wrote:
only guy in DC who actually does his job got fired. stupid. i dont believe in the russia stuff either but it looks bad for Trump.

Well if Comey decides to run for President in 2020 I'd vote for him. He's automatically the front runner.

Really? He's equally reviled by both parties.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Exactly. Which is why he's loved by the people.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Which means he is probably doing something right.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Easy, Seabiscuit. Trump is reviled by both parties as well. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 pm 

Hillary is probably throwing a party. She's with Trump on this one.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
People either blame him for Hillary losing or not going after her hard enough. I cant even begin to see how he overcomes that. Not to mention he probably has zero interest.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:16 pm 

he was in a lose lose situation.

If HIllary won she would have got rid of him. and of course Trump would have/has.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Trump just does stuff so he can be entertained by watching the news networks at night.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
People either blame him for Hillary losing or not going after her hard enough. I cant even begin to see how he overcomes that. Not to mention he probably has zero interest.

He's a spineless pussy, he deserved to get shitcanned.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

:lol:

Fair point.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 pm 

seeing the networks, this Anderson Cooper is a real POS. Kalienne Conway did a good job answering his stupid bias disrespectful questions.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Kalienne Conway did a good job answering his stupid bias disrespectful questions.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 pm 

I take it that old Kellyanne took Cheetolini 's phone & tv remote tonight

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 pm 

So much for no Twitter. Orange dust fingers have started yet another Twitter rage.

And they sent out Huckabee to tell the idiots watching FoxNews how to march in lockstep

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Regular Reader wrote:
So much for no Twitter. Orange dust fingers have started yet another Twitter rage.

And they sent out Huckabee to tell the idiots watching FoxNews how to march in lockstep

You seem upset. Perhaps a VITAMIN WATER BROTHER!

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The election of President Trump and the Russian probe sealed the deal for his firing. Two main things and many more could had come.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Yup. Two parties full of rich people who are upset by a rich person doing things that benefit rich people. Justice is imminent .

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
he's white, 6'8" and nonathletic.. bulls sign him to replace mirotic as a stretch 4?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wall St. Journal taking a more sane angle to the firing. Saying he deserved firing even if Trump waited too long to do it. They say Trump will pay a political price for that now. They also state Comey is not the great guy everyone now is say and he was most concerned with his own rep.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comeys-des ... 1494380259

For all of these reasons and more, we advised Mr. Trump to sack Mr. Comey immediately upon taking office. The President will now pay a larger political price for waiting, as critics question the timing of his action amid the FBI’s probe of his campaign’s alleged Russia ties. Democrats are already portraying Mr. Comey as a liberal martyr, though last October they accused him of partisan betrayal.

The reality is that Mr. Comey has always been most concerned with the politics of his own reputation. He styles himself as the last honest man in Washington as he has dangled insinuations across his career about the George W. Bush White House and surveillance, then Mrs. Clinton and emails, and now Mr. Trump and Russia. He is political in precisely the way we don’t want a leader of America’s premier law-enforcement agency to behave.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 am 

pittmike wrote:
Wall St. Journal taking a more sane angle to the firing. Saying he deserved firing even if Trump waited too long to do it. They say Trump will pay a political price for that now. They also state Comey is not the great guy everyone now is say and he was most concerned with his own rep.

For all of these reasons and more, we advised Mr. Trump to sack Mr. Comey immediately upon taking office. The President will now pay a larger political price for waiting, as critics question the timing of his action amid the FBI’s probe of his campaign’s alleged Russia ties. Democrats are already portraying Mr. Comey as a liberal martyr, though last October they accused him of partisan betrayal.

The reality is that Mr. Comey has always been most concerned with the politics of his own reputation. He styles himself as the last honest man in Washington as he has dangled insinuations across his career about the George W. Bush White House and surveillance, then Mrs. Clinton and emails, and now Mr. Trump and Russia. He is political in precisely the way we don’t want a leader of America’s premier law-enforcement agency to behave.

Fine time for this article to come out don't you think? He was upheld as anything but political in October and many on here defended him then.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:27 am 

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Fine time for this article to come out don't you think? He was upheld as anything but political in October and many on here defended him then.

And the left loved him in Feb-Mar. I think you know the game LTG.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Long been know Comey was a hack and DC hacks on both sides protected him.

10 Major FBI Scandals on Comey's Watch
The FBI interviewed almost every terrorist who successfully struck America

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-major ... meys-watch

I want a Special Prosecutor for all things Russia. Flynn, Golden Showers, Uranium, Podesta Bros, Clinton bribes and of coursepart two: the slam dunk of Hillary's felonies regarding the TSSCI info she let loose in a felonious manner.
For the Good of the Country, of course. Let the sun shine in.

"i take full responsibility"--Kofi
"me too"--Evita

#SODDI

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Nobody ever said he wasn't political. What was said was that he wasn't trying to take down Democrats. You hated him in October. Don't tell me he's your hero now. He's a self-aggrandizing goof. He never should have said shit about the Clinton investigation in the first place and he wouldn't have been in a position where he had to say something right before the election. And now he's grandstanding on this phony Russia crap.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am 

This is quite troubling. There is also a troubling trend with regards to Trump. Every individual questionable move is explained away without any perspective on the larger collection of troubling actions. Every action he does has some fairly shaky but plausible justification for it. So, it is easy when discussing Comey to just say "Well, he did X", but then we don't like it to the other people he fired under questionable motives, or the people he has chosen to be part of his cabinet who are unqualified, or otherwise concerning for many logical reasons. It's pretty similar to apologizing for every individual play by a player while ignoring the season they are having. (Sorry pittmike, that was a reference to Jay Cutler).

Eventually, there has to come a point where the sum is greater than the parts and we can look at the long list of questionable decisions by Trump and decide that you can't explain away the trend.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Nobody ever said he wasn't political. What was said was that he wasn't trying to take down Democrats. You hated him in October. Don't tell me he's your hero now. He's a self-aggrandizing goof. He never should have said shit about the Clinton investigation in the first place and he wouldn't have been in a position where he had to say something right before the election. And now he's grandstanding on this phony Russia crap.

You as I recall did try to argue that he wasn't political so who are you crappin? He isn't my hero now and he also wasn't my hero then. He sure was yours Trump's and my larger point pertains to WSJ and partisan Republicans in general. At what point did he become such the political operative? I think we all know the answer to that.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:

If the Russia stuff is phony then why is Trump's own party leading an investigation into his team's ties with Russian officials?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This is quite troubling. There is also a troubling trend with regards to Trump. Every individual questionable move is explained away without any perspective on the larger collection of troubling actions. Every action he does has some fairly shaky but plausible justification for it. So, it is easy when discussing Comey to just say "Well, he did X", but then we don't like it to the other people he fired under questionable motives, or the people he has chosen to be part of his cabinet who are unqualified, or otherwise concerning for many logical reasons. It's pretty similar to apologizing for every individual play by a player while ignoring the season they are having. (Sorry pittmike, that was a reference to Jay Cutler).

Eventually, there has to come a point where the sum is greater than the parts and we can look at the long list of questionable decisions by Trump and decide that you can't explain away the trend.

You are right I guess but what happens around here is not just a sum of the parts discussion. It gets very specific and blows up here around certain actions. In fact, I was surprised in the last weeks how quiet it was on both sides regarding Trump. The Comey goes and it is full on blast Russia, Russia, Russia. I guess it just is what it is here.

Funny about Cutler. I wanted him to go at the end too but I like to dig you for all your suffering. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I agree. Dictatorships don't happen overnight. I highly doubt that Trump is going to execute a coup. But he's definitely moving us toward a situation where some guy down the line might. And here's where we have to trust the media to put partisanship aside. George W. expanded executive power and it was covered critically. When Obama reached even further it was largely ignored. These guys set the stage. Now we have Trump. As I said, I don't think he is Mussolini or Hitler, but he's moved us one step closer to having one.