It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
He probably should not have done it, he will bluster one way and have his people talk about it another and nothing will happen.

But if he shouldn't have done it and then lies to make it go away then wouldn't you say something did happen?

I don't understand your question to me. I didn't say nothing happened. As far as why he says one thing and his people say the other I have no idea. Who is lying? Him or his people? No idea. For lack of any other person to trust I would say McMaster has the longest trustworthy history. "Most of the time' Generals usually are and he says he was in the room and nothing bad happened.

If he weren't seemingly not that intelligent I would say this information chaos is part of his preferred mode of operation. Keep everyone in the dark and guessing. Not that it began with Obama by any means but we have recent evidence that in DC you can use all sorts of tactics to deal with inquiries, investigations and use of avoidance to keep the heat off until the next cycle spins.

We probably should resign ourselves to hearing about Russian this or that for as long as he is in office with nothing concrete coming from it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 am 

pittmike wrote:
I guess we won't know exactly what he disclosed or did not but I am reading no crime and a POTUS can basically declassify whatever he wants in a situation like this. As always with him its the same it seems. He probably should not have done it, he will bluster one way and have his people talk about it another and nothing will happen.
The problem is legally the President can do almost anything which means it isn't an excuse when he displays gross incompetence again.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I guess we won't know exactly what he disclosed or did not but I am reading no crime and a POTUS can basically declassify whatever he wants in a situation like this. As always with him its the same it seems. He probably should not have done it, he will bluster one way and have his people talk about it another and nothing will happen.
The problem is legally the President can do almost anything which means it isn't an excuse when he displays gross incompetence again.

Correct. That said, there is a fever pitch to turn anything into an kickoff to impeachment. It is very unlikely even with the incompetence or carelessness you cite.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Correct. That said, there is a fever pitch to turn anything into an kickoff to impeachment. It is very unlikely even with the incompetence or carelessness you cite.

Impeachment would be ideal right now. Trump is a disaster. Let Pence be a competent weirdo President.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I don't understand your question to me. I didn't say nothing happened. As far as why he says one thing and his people say the other I have no idea. Who is lying? Him or his people? No idea. For lack of any other person to trust I would say McMaster has the longest trustworthy history. "Most of the time' Generals usually are and he says he was in the room and nothing bad happened.

If he weren't seemingly not that intelligent I would say this information chaos is part of his preferred mode of operation. Keep everyone in the dark and guessing. Not that it began with Obama by any means but we have recent evidence that in DC you can use all sorts of tactics to deal with inquiries, investigations and use of avoidance to keep the heat off until the next cycle spins.

We probably should resign ourselves to hearing about Russian this or that for as long as he is in office with nothing concrete coming from it.

McMaster's statement denied an accusation that the Washington Post never wrote.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Impeachment would be ideal right now. Trump is a disaster. Let Pence be a competent weirdo President.

Well that is unlikely as we stand here today. For me I am having a hard time seeing the future and what an impeachment would do to the country even if the results are in the end for the better.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 am 

I think he would step down pretty quick. Can't get fired. He'd make a few excuses and it would blow over relatively quick. Then he'd tweet about Obama.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
McMaster put his reputation on the line to cover for the president. He was being a good soldier and the president threw him under the bus. He sends out Spicer and the Conway's of the world to lie repeatedly and then he tells the truth or changes the lie and makes them look like complete idiots.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Well that is unlikely as we stand here today. For me I am having a hard time seeing the future and what an impeachment would do to the country even if the results are in the end for the better.

It would likely harm the country worse than the president could.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 am 

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

It would likely harm the country worse than the president could.

I don't think so. He would resign to salvage his brand and be able to play the victim.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think so. He would resign to salvage his brand and be able to play the victim.

I don't believe that he ever would and a large percentage of the country will be demanding that he fight.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

I'm sorry but this seems to be a head in the sand approach. How else would you reconcile "nothing concrete" coming from the investigations with the stuff that's happening (and happened) to Flynn. Whatever is happening as a result of the investigations may not nail Trump the way many in DC want, but that it is happening in a bipartisan way is certainly a "concrete" thing. The way I see it is that he's slowly being brought down. The more scandals like this happen, whether real or inflated, the more space you have to float the impeachment idea. It's a long game of course but both parties have an interest in making it happen so as long as it wouldn't divide the country.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'm sorry but this seems to be a head in the sand approach. How else would you reconcile "nothing concrete" coming from the investigations with the stuff that's happening (and happened) to Flynn. Whatever is happening as a result of the investigations may not nail Trump the way many in DC want, but that it is happening in a bipartisan way is certainly a "concrete" thing. The way I see it is that he's slowly being brought down. The more scandals like this happen, whether real or inflated, the more space you have to float the impeachment idea. It's a long game of course but both parties have an interest in making it happen so as long as it wouldn't divide the country.

Concrete to me means nailing Trump. I have already given my thoughts on what impeachment might do.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:15 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't believe that he ever would and a large percentage of the country will be demanding that he fight.

He can't get fired.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:22 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:23 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing
Which is why I think he resigns before it happens.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing
Which is why I think he resigns before it happens.

Why would he resign? That would make him look like a quitter. He would say that this proves the system was against him like he always said, and urge his supporters to help him resist. Showing weakness would be worse than being impeached.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 am 

He can still say all that and he wouldn't have the shame of being fired.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It doesn't matter if he resigns or if he is impeached, the people who bitched at obama's executive orders being unconstitutional and than bitched when Trumps were challenged in court as unconstitutional will lap up the victim tweet storm that will surely follow from Trump.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Well the spin even last night was that the President can declassify things anytime he wishes.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 am 
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Well the spin even last night was that the President can declassify things anytime he wishes.

Just don't put it in an email.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not sure why the "shame of being fired" is worse than being proven to be a quitter. Who knows what he is thinking. I do not think there is any chance a Republican held Congress impeaches him though.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not sure why the "shame of being fired" is worse than being proven to be a quitter. Who knows what he is thinking. I do not think there is any chance a Republican held Congress impeaches him though.

His catch phrase is 'You're Fired!' He wants to be viewed as going out on his terms.

There clearly is a chance the Republicans impeach him. He's going to hurt them in the next elections.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

His catch phrase is 'You're Fired!' He wants to be viewed as going out on his terms.

There clearly is a chance the Republicans impeach him. He's going to hurt them in the next elections.

Your first thoughts are pure speculation on a person who is very unpredictable.

The second would cause the party to fracture. Trump hurting them in the mid-terms is one thing, but to create a civil war in your own party would be political suicide. I would guess they would distance themselves from the president similar to some democrats disavowing Obama.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:57 am 

Of course it is speculation. It's a thing in the future.

There would be no civil war. Who exactly is going to stick with Trump in Congress?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Trump would spin impeachment as he was trying to change the status quo and everyone wanted him out. And his supporters would lap it up. "They're trying to destroy a good man !!!"

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Of course it is speculation. It's a thing in the future.

There would be no civil war. Who exactly is going to stick with Trump in Congress?

You think that impeaching Trump will not piss off many voters from the past election? Do you not think that other people will run against establishment Republicans if they impeach their own president? There already was a tea party.

And by speculation I meant you have nothing to support this other than it was his TV catchphrase. I do not think this provides any hint on how he would act if Congress tried to remove him.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
His ego would not allow impeachment. He would leave on his own.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

A large percentage of the deplorables still haven't realized that after all the bluster he isn't a fighter in any sense of the word. He is, like most republican leaders today, a hypocritical fraud and something of a yapping toy dog, talking tough from behind a locked gate and with other people used to play soldier.

Hell, the clown sent his personal bodyguard to Comey's empty office to fire him, knowing the man was 3,000 miles away. And pulled a DiCaro on twitter to feel good about himself.

This goof is example number 1 as to why inheritance taxes aren't high enough. W. would be example #2. And they share a lot of the same (lack of) character traits imo.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:39 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

A large percentage of the deplorables still haven't realized that after all the bluster he isn't a fighter in any sense of the word. He is, like most republican leaders today, a hypocritical fraud and something of a yapping toy dog, talking tough from behind a locked gate and with other people used to play soldier.

Hell, the clown sent his personal bodyguard to Comey's empty office to fire him, knowing the man was 3,000 miles away. And pulled a DiCaro on twitter to feel good about himself.

This goof is example number 1 as to why inheritance taxes aren't high enough. W. would be example #2. And they share a lot of the same (lack of) character traits imo.

:lol: You would welcome W today.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next