It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Of course it is speculation. It's a thing in the future.

There would be no civil war. Who exactly is going to stick with Trump in Congress?

You think that impeaching Trump will not piss off many voters from the past election? Do you not think that other people will run against establishment Republicans if they impeach their own president? There already was a tea party.

And by speculation I meant you have nothing to support this other than it was his TV catchphrase. I do not think this provides any hint on how he would act if Congress tried to remove him.

His popularity has fallen significantly already and would get worse with an impeachment. It's also not as if the last supporters are going to become democrats.

He cares greatly about his brand. Getting fired would damage it beyond repair. I guess we will see. I predict he resigns before he is kicked out of office. You disagree.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There would be no civil war. Who exactly is going to stick with Trump in Congress?

You think that impeaching Trump will not piss off many voters from the past election? Do you not think that other people will run against establishment Republicans if they impeach their own president? There already was a tea party.

And by speculation I meant you have nothing to support this other than it was his TV catchphrase. I do not think this provides any hint on how he would act if Congress tried to remove him.

His popularity has fallen significantly already and would get worse with an impeachment. It's also not as if the last supporters are going to become democrats.

He cares greatly about his brand. Getting fired would damage it beyond repair. I guess we will see. I predict he resigns before he is kicked out of office. You disagree.

I don't see how he could resign and keep his brand intact. Also, think you over-estimate many republican voters. I think many would stay away.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 am 

He controls the story if he resigns. If he is fired then he doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The base has remained loyal. He'll a recent poll had 97% of Trump voters saying that they would still vote for him. The guy is Teflon Don.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The base has remained loyal. He'll a recent poll had 97% of Trump voters saying that they would still vote for him. The guy is Teflon Don.

Over Hillary. Hillary is gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

no, he's a quitter if he resigns and a martyr/hero if he gets impeached.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think so. He would resign to salvage his brand and be able to play the victim.

I don't believe that he ever would and a large percentage of the country will be demanding that he fight.

A large percentage of the deplorables still haven't realized that after all the bluster he isn't a fighter in any sense of the word. He is, like most republican leaders today, a hypocritical fraud and something of a yapping toy dog, talking tough from behind a locked gate and with other people used to play soldier.

Hell, the clown sent his personal bodyguard to Comey's empty office to fire him, knowing the man was 3,000 miles away. And pulled a DiCaro on twitter to feel good about himself.

This goof is example number 1 as to why inheritance taxes aren't high enough. W. would be example #2. And they share a lot of the same (lack of) character traits imo.

The Trumpets would still make excuses for him if he nuked California. We both know a lot of fake tough guys like him. They're absolute cowards until given power.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He would be the first President to be fired from office. Even Nixon tried to save some face by resigning. Trump would be incredibly stupid to not do the same.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I'm not going to defend Trump but I heard about the laptop/bomb story on the news about 3 weeks ago. What exactly was the top secret part he spit out if no countries were mentioned as his people are saying?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
[ Trump would be incredibly stupid to not do the same.

He is incredibly stupid but that's neither here nor there.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 am 

I think Trump would stay until the very end. His entire political persona is about being a victim.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
jimmypasta wrote:
I'm not going to defend Trump but I heard about the laptop/bomb story on the news about 3 weeks ago. What exactly was the top secret part he spit out if no countries were mentioned as his people are saying?

That's what I don't get, this story was in the news back in March when the UK and US banned laptops from 8 different countries.

heck, this probably isn't even news. Remember that Russian plane that got bombed on a flight from Syria? I'd say a laptop bomb is a good possibility there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrojet_Flight_9268

What is concerning is if Trump mentioned methods and sources for that intel.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think so. He would resign to salvage his brand and be able to play the victim.

I don't believe that he ever would and a large percentage of the country will be demanding that he fight.

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing

No, it's not.

Ask Bill Clinton.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:42 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He would be the first President to be fired from office. Even Nixon tried to save some face by resigning. Trump would be incredibly stupid to not do the same.

Stupid and selfish. So it matches his playbook.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:43 am 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing

No, it's not.

Ask Bill Clinton.

When the Senate votes on it it is.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing

No, it's not.

Ask Bill Clinton.

Or Andrew Johnson, who also wasn't convicted by the Senate.

But hey, our guy will now one up Nixon, who was never impeached :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:52 am 
Site Admin

I'm awaiting his phone call to the lawyer that bailed out Bill's ass. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can't get fired.

Impeachment is firing

No, it's not.

Ask Bill Clinton.

Or Andrew Johnson, who also wasn't convicted by the Senate

But hey, our guy will now one up Nixon, who was never impeached :lol:

By 1 vote. If that guy wasn't convicted no one will be.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:

By January

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am 

Nas wrote:
By 1 vote. If that guy wasn't convicted no one will be.

I could see the Republicans impeaching a Democrat president. There entire mantra now is punish the left. Started with Reagan and have been fueled by right-wing radio.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:

Maybe that's the guy who turned out the White House lights when Trump won.

:)

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ppropriate

National security adviser H.R. McMaster on Tuesday said President Trump did not jeopardize intelligence assets by revealing highly sensitive information to Russian officials, adding that Trump did not know where the intel came from.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, McMaster disputed the “premise” of media reports that Trump put intelligence sources in jeopardy by disclosing the information, saying it was “wholly appropriate” for the president to discuss.

"The president in no way undermined sources or methods in the course of this conversation,” he said, adding that the information could be found in "open-source reporting."

McMaster said Trump could not have endangered national security because he did not even know the source of the information he discussed.
"The president wasn’t even aware of where this information came from,” he said. “He wasn’t briefed on the source."

The top security official did not deny that Trump discussed highly classified information during a May 10 meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Moscow's U.S. ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.

But he attacked leakers who revealed the contents of the discussion to media outlets, saying that was the story that should be getting more attention.

“I think the real issue and what I would like to see debated more is that our national security has been put at risk by those violating confidentiality," he said. "I think national security is put at risk by this leak and leaks like this."

McMaster hinted that the administration would conduct a broader investigation into the leaks that led to the reports.

"It’s incumbent on all of us to bring in the people with the right mandate and the right authorities to take a look at how this leak occurred and how other breaches may have occurred as well," he said.

McMaster did not respond to a question shouted at him as he left the podium about who might be conducting that investigation.

President Trump's allies have been warning for months that the White House is under attack from lifelong bureaucrats and Obama-era holdovers they believe are responsible for leaking damaging stories to the press.

Those worries have escalated after Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey set off another round of leaks, with Trump's conservative allies in the media, including Breitbart and Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity, warning about the threat from the "deep state."

"There are a number of instances where this occurred and it’s important to investigate these things and make sure we have trusted organizations across our government that allows for the free sharing of information and collaboration," McMaster said.

"In terms of national security, what is critical is that you can assemble the experts you need. You want a bigger group for these complex problems because you need their expertise and the tools they bring from different agencies and departments, so what we really have to do is make sure we have a very high degree of confidence in all our organizations and systems and processes."

The Washington Post and other outlets reported Monday that Trump discussed information about an Islamic State in Iraq and Syria that came from a key U.S. partner on the condition it not be shared widely in the government or with other allies.

Democrats, and some Republicans, have lambasted Trump's revelation, saying it could put sources at risk and alienate key intelligence-sharing partners.

Several lawmakers have called on the administration to release transcripts of the conversation to clear up confusion about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Peoria Matt wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Maybe that's the guy who turned out the White House lights when Trump won.

:)

Different guy for sure. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:26 pm 

Quote:
In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/w ... p=cur&_r=0

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The President is too dumb to actually purposely leak classified information.

The low-information President.

Lovely.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

He may have obstructed justice IF the Comey stuff is true.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:04 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Lovely.

The three most prominent Republicans of recent elections (Bush, Palin, Trump) have all used lack of intelligence as a virtue acceptable to Republican voters.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
good dolphin wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Lovely.

The three most prominent Republicans of recent elections (Bush, Palin, Trump) have all used lack of intelligence as a virtue acceptable to Republican voters.

Not only acceptable but preferable.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It really is funny how people treat W. In this article Klein lets you know he was bad perhaps but he is smarter than you. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... bab3df2024

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 am 

pittmike wrote:
It really is funny how people treat W. In this article Klein lets you know he was bad perhaps but he is smarter than you. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... bab3df2024

No doubt he was probably smarter than the average American, but the average American probably reads at a 4th grade level, so we're kinda setting the bar low for Presidents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next