It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I have a recurring dream about a scientist that was working on I guess something like the Philadelphia experiment... cloaking device for large surface capital ships.
So this doctor, or scientist or whatever got somehow entangled in this technology designed to I dunno teleport large objects to an alternate dimension or maybe they're just phase shifted out of our physical realm and cannot be seen or detected by radar but are still on some level still there.
Anyway something happened to this scientist while aboard a ship they tested this new technology on and he cannot be seen except in reflections but he is still physically able to touch or manipulate things around him. And he's lost his mind. And he's hunting down anyone involved in the project he can find. I'm apparently involved as he's tracking me.
So I'm in my house walking around and I feel someone there watching me. And I look around the house and see nothing. Its nighttime, and I open the shades to look outside. Since its dark out and a little lit in the house when I look outside I see like a half reflection in the window glass and I see this protagonist behind me, closing in with a knife. I turn around and there's nothing there. Look back in the reflection and he's still closing and raising the blade... then I wake up.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Wherever Baffoe is working
that was a boring story but it sounds like it damaged you a lot n that's not ok

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
At least dolphin keeps it to a couple-three sentences.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I had a dream that a hamburger was eating me.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Don Tiny wrote:

So your bad dreams are limited to no access to boat rock?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I used to have a dream when I was a kid that I was walking along a river and always encountered the same snake, that would come up and bite me on my ankle. Doesn't sound really bad and there wasn't much more to it, iirc, but it used to spook me how regularly it came. Had that dream consistently for years when I was around 9-12 years old or so.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Chus wrote:
I had a dream that a hamburger was eating me.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I grew up by railroad tracks in a town of 200 people. I always had this dream that the train would stop, and an old man would get out. He would always lead me to this spot in the country on my uncle's farm property. He would just look at the ground and tell me to dig. My uncle still owns the property, but I never dug. I don't think I ever will.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I used to have somewhat similar recurring dreams of being thrown in a farmfield in the middle of nowhere and having to find my way back home.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:22 am 

Darkside wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

So your bad dreams are limited to no access to boat rock?

I have no dreams really ... when I do, they're entirely mundane affairs just as my days are ... absolutely no narrative at all. Of course, that's if I can reach REM sleep to begin with, but that's another story.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Cubs won the World Series.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I couple years back I had chickenpox which was pretty bad to have at age 50. The medicine I got caused me to have these especially vivid dreams. I still have them occasionally to this day and I still blame that medicine for fucking with my brain chemistry. I wouldn't exactly call the dreams nightmares, but there is something vaguely unpleasant about them. The unpleasantness isn't necessarily in the details but rather in a sense of foreboding I have during the dream. Sometimes I have awakened and written down notes in the middle of the night so I could remember the dream.

Here's one of them: I have a female friend who I have known most of my life. She has a brother, Joe, who I was never really friends with and who I only know to say hello. In the dream I was reading a newspaper. I saw a photo of two men shaking hands at what appeared to be an award ceremony. The caption on the photo said, "John Shelby Fascone of Portage, Indiana congratulates Joe Meyer on his induction into the Levi's Hall of Fame." I read the article. Joe had invented a pair of computerized jeans that performed a constant analysis of your ass and adjusted the jeans to provide the best possible fit. I'm not sure why this dream was less than pleasant, but you'll have to take my word that it was. Perhaps because it was so acutely realistic and I was apparently living in Indiana.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Darkside wrote:
Since its dark out and a little lit in the house when I look outside I see like a half reflection in the window glass and I see this protagonist behind me, closing in with a knife. I turn around and there's nothing there. Look back in the reflection and he's still closing and raising the blade... then I wake up.

I remember a Creepshow episode or some other show ending similar to this.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I believe we live in a Multiverse, and also believe that dreams are just experiences from those other Multiverses. If that makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I couple years back I had chickenpox which was pretty bad to have at age 50. The medicine I got caused me to have these especially vivid dreams. I still have them occasionally to this day and I still blame that medicine for fucking with my brain chemistry. I wouldn't exactly call the dreams nightmares, but there is something vaguely unpleasant about them. The unpleasantness isn't necessarily in the details but rather in a sense of foreboding I have during the dream. Sometimes I have awakened and written down notes in the middle of the night so I could remember the dream.

like flaming globes, sigmund!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i have a reoccurring dream that we live in a huge house (every time its the same huge house...like my dream house....and there are rooms we are just discovering all the time) that we are renovating and its always raining and rain is coming in everywhere and i'm in complete panic mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I had a reoccurring dream as a kid that parked cars without a driver in them suddenly began to run me down, to run me over. I had that same dream over and over again...

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Someone cut my head off with a chainsaw once, which is only a slightly worse dream than Tall Midget's worst waking moment.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:05 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
As a young child, I used to have a recurring nightmare that I was being chased in a deserted indoor shopping mall by a pack of giggling and gleeful but vicious giant muppets.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
leashyourkids wrote:
I grew up by railroad tracks in a town of 200 people. I always had this dream that the train would stop, and an old man would get out. He would always lead me to this spot in the country on my uncle's farm property. He would just look at the ground and tell me to dig. My uncle still owns the property, but I never dug. I don't think I ever will.

How in the world has your curiosity not gotten the best of you? I would have been debating going out there after the first dream but I would have certainly gone out there after the second dream.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 am 

I have two bad recurring dreams. Mostly done now but occasionally the ghost one will still pop up.

In grade school, probably 1-5 grade, I would have terrible dreams that a creepy ventriloquist dummy was coming to life and terrorizing me. Not hurting me per se, but doing things to fuck with my day to day life. The funny thing was that this was well before that Goosebumps book came out. I think I read the whole series as a kid but never read that fucking book.

The second one had to do with my old house I moved out of when I was 7. I used to have terrifying dreams about the house being haunted and the ghosts trying to communicate with me. Years later the house was torn down and I thought the dreams might stop but they didn't. In high school, I was driving past the area with my mom and I made a comment about it and she said she has similar dreams as well. Neither her or I had any supernatural experiences while we lived there, only after the fact.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am 

Cashman wrote:
I believe we live in a Multiverse, and also believe that dreams are just experiences from those other Multiverses. If that makes sense.

Thank you Walter Bishop.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I recently read Stephen King's "'Salem's Lot" for the first time. For those in the know, its subject matter deals with vampires.

Weeks after I had a dream that my neighbors were vampires who invited me over for a party. This is ironic since, in the book, vampires can only come into your residence if you invite them in. I did not go to the party, but remember feeling incredibly afraid and creeped out.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
As a young child, I used to have a recurring nightmare that I was being chased in a deserted indoor shopping mall by a pack of giggling and gleeful but vicious giant muppets.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
plane crashes. not being in them, but witnessing them.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Recently I have been having a dream that my computerized blue jeans have been sending a daily report on my ass size to JORR and his cronies.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
Recently I have been having a dream that my computerized blue jeans have been sending a daily report on my ass size to JORR and his cronies.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmy has me laughing like a damn fool at my desk. Thank you sir.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Cashman wrote:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
SomeGuy cut my head off with a chainsaw once, which is only a slightly worse dream than Tall Midget's worst waking moment.
Fixed.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

How in the world has your curiosity not gotten the best of you? I would have been debating going out there after the first dream but I would have certainly gone out there after the second dream.

Yeah, I know, but this was a typical dream in which the specific location is hard to determine and doesn't actually make sense based on how the property is actually situated. In my dream, I get a "sense" of where we are on the property but it doesn't look exactly like it does in real life. There's a building there that doesn't actually exist, and the actual area where we were is wooded, but in the dream, it's just a grass field. I'd have to make an educated guess at where to dig. Maybe I could take a metal detector out there or something. CFMB outing?