It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
For the rest of his life, this guy will enjoy a much reduced level of freedom than you or I. That's hardly "no problem".

You can't be serious.

Do registered sex offenders not have restrictions or qualifiers placed on freedoms that otherwise wouldn't require them?
He got 240 days for drugging and raping his sister and you say 'yeah but getting a job will be harder!'

What't the appropriate amount of days for this crime though? Registering as a sex offender effectively places this person outside of regular society. Restricts his ability to make money, where he lives, and every relationship going forward is framed by this Scarlett Letter. It's a severe punishment.
I would say at least 5 years. 240 days is way too lenient.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Remove the sister part and say a 20 year old smoked weed with a 16 year old and banged her. What should the punishment be?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am 

Quote:
You are impossible to reason with when bullshit like "oh, so that's the only punishment you want for ALLLLL rapists?" is the first thing out of your mouth. Same goes for BRick, too.

Are you saying this person deserved no more than 240 days in jail?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:09 am 

312player wrote:
Remove the sister part and say a 20 year old smoked weed with a 16 year old and banged her. What should the punishment be?

The article said 6 years was recommended. I could accept that as fair. Not 240 days for sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Just because courts and society in general exaggerate the effects of marijuana doesn't mean that it can't play a role in lowering inhibitions or making bad choices. This is a 16 year old kid.

Sure. That's not rape though

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

The article said 6 years was recommended. I could accept that as fair. Not 240 days for sure.

Holy shit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Just because courts and society in general exaggerate the effects of marijuana doesn't mean that it can't play a role in lowering inhibitions or making bad choices. This is a 16 year old kid.

It's something pretty fucked up.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:19 am 

I'm not commenting on what is or is not an appropriate sentence, but this is an older brother who got his teenage sister high and fucked her. There is a power dynamic associated with being an older sibling that drugs probably only enhances. This guy is fucked up and has some severe mental issues regardless of what we are calling the crime.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:19 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It's something pretty fucked up.

:lol:

Well, yeah. We're talking about a brother and sister fucking.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:20 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I'm not commenting on what is or is not an appropriate sentence, but this is an older brother who got his teenage sister high and fucked her. There is a power dynamic associated with being an older sibling that drugs probably only enhances. This guy is fucked up and has some severe mental issues regardless of what we are calling the crime.

I agree and I bet 312player does too. My issue is with calling this a drugging and raping. It's not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

I have no dog in this argument, but Brick if these were your kids you'd want your son serving 6 years for this?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Thanks for not answering any of my questions. Just in case you or JLN ever decide to answer them.

So registering as a sex offender is severe enough punishment for all rapists? Already answered, and it's a punishment that you are under estimating.
How many people actually know who the sex offenders in their areas are? How the fuck should I know? I do look at the list from my area.
And I know parents often do. This is a ridiculous question btw.

Is rape bad? Way to be condescending.
Is rape a crime that only the offender has to live with? Why is this a question? Clearly their actions affect other people.
Why do people become serial rapists? God made them that way?
What should be the punishment for a guy like this or Bill Cosby? Clearly Bill Cosby should be in jail. I think this guy should be put in some type of rehabilitation program if this is his only offense.
Do you know anyone who has been raped?Yeah. So? What does that have to do with this case or over all policy. It's like saying I knew a guy who survived an accident because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. So seat belts are bullshit.

I answered all of your wild and unrelated questions. I did previously if you had bothered to look. I think that sentencing is arbitrary, and it goes beyond this case.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

Why is 6 years "fair"?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 am 

I don't know much about these laws, but isn't it statutory rape just due to her age?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

I have no dog in this argument, but Brick if these were your kids you'd want your son serving 6 years for this?

That's a tough question to answer. I'd have to imagine most parents don't want their kids going to jail even for things like murder. It doesn't mean that a rapist should only get 240 days in jail.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 am 

I have to admit something. FF got me high and raped me at a Red Roof Inn in the ghetto.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:32 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
I have to admit something. FF got me high and raped me at a Red Roof Inn in the ghetto.

From what I've been told it def wasn't rape. I heard something like you were mad because you had to be the bottom this time, and through a hissy fit.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

That's a tough question to answer. I'd have to imagine most parents don't want their kids going to jail even for things like murder. It doesn't mean that a rapist should only get 240 days in jail.

I agree.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:39 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

Why is 6 years "fair"?
I don't think this type of rape should get a short sentence but it isn't as long as many other crimes including other types of rape.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:

And his mama cries. ♫

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

Raping a sibling would probably be a game changer for me but in general I agree.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:16 am 

312player wrote:

Completely different case ... literally. In your example, the state would be obliged (in short) to prove, among other things, that the 20-year old was aware of her age.

Being brother and sister, that's the 6"-putt in this case.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
leashyourkids wrote:
I don't know much about these laws, but isn't it statutory rape just due to her age?

I imagine that depends on what state you are in as age of consent varies.

On quick review California is 18. Guessing the charge of normal rape supersedes statutory.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:40 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

Completely different case ... literally. In your example, the state would be obliged (in short) to prove, among other things, that the 20-year old was aware of her age.

Gross.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

Gross.

Comedy. Bits.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:

6 inches you say?

Edit: FUCK

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We haven't even covered the prerequisites..was he in the military?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I know some believe that spending years in jail is too harsh and that being labeled as a sex offender for life is sufficient in many cases but I completely disagree. I'm going to share a story that I have literally only shared a few times in my life. Some people may have a similar experience or have heard a similar story.

When I was 4 or 5 years old a daughter of a family friend would occasionally give me a bath. At some point this girl who was 10 years older than me started putting me inside her. I can vividly recall it happening and it was 30 years ago. I'm sure that I didn't know what she was doing was wrong. One day I described to my grandmother what was happening and the look of horror on her face is something I'll never forget.

As I got older I learned that this experience wasn't unique to me. I heard stories from friends that family members or friends of the family had done similar or worse things. I dated a girl at 19 who shared with me that her father raped her from the age 13 to 17 because she was afraid to tell her mom and end their marriage.

These things leave scars that MANY will never understand. I am a completely different person when it comes to my kids. People joke about how overly protective of them I am. It isn't usually in spoken words but my actions show it. I'm sure that experience plays a role. I once told my oldest son's mother that she shouldn't go into the bathroom with him and he was like 5 years old. I'm sure she wouldn't harm him but I truly only completely trust myself when it comes to my kids. For others these experiences may manifest themselves in a different way.

There is no punishment that can heal the damage. You become a victim for life. A slap on the wrist definitely doesn't help.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
This thread is getting dark. Like Joseph Conrad dark

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
You don't get to decide what punishment is "fair", even if you are the victim.

In fact, a victim almost certainly should NOT be the person consulted on the severity of imposed punishment.

Funny that Nas and MANY here advocate cookie-cutter jail sentences for anyone convicted of rape, then turn around and cry foul at mandatory sentencing for drug and gun possession charges. Either mandatory sentencing is troublesome in a court system where each and every case is tried on its own merits, or it isn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next