It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
KDdidit wrote:
Most of the "news" immediately reported after these events is wrong anyway, no matter which "side" they support.

It's now a race to report. Accuracy be damned.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Baby McNown wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Right. See thanks for posting the NOT TERROR RELATED headline. Just step back and admit you are wrong.

My post at 11:30 AM was made after checking CNN and BBC's reporting on the matter. At the time (again, 11:30AM, some 6 hours ago), the motive was not yet determined, and the quote used by both outlets referenced an "open mind". Time, as it does, passed, and 1 hour ago (meaning 5 hours had come and gone since my post at 11:30 am) the BBC updated the article you linked. What this means is, that at the time I posted, both CNN and BBC had not reported on the official stance of London police regarding motive, and the facts reported had all the earmarks of the recent spate of vehicular attacks that have occurred specifically in that city.

At the time you made your post ABC of all the wounded horse newsrooms already had it from the PD as not being terror. This is where you step back from the keyboard for a bit. Being trounced by me doesn't look good on your resume.

1. The PD initially said "not terror" and then walked it back to "keeping an open mind". Only later was it definitively "not terror". It's likely that ABC was still reporting the initial pronouncement by London police before the "open mind" bit.

2. From now on I'll go to the local ABC affiliate for all the breaking news on an event in London.

3. You didn't trounce anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If baby mac doesn't get housed in a thread he considers that a trouncing.
It's weird but that's why we love him.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Looking forward to Terrorism Expert Cheryl Scott.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Looking forward to Terrorism Expert Cheryl Scott.

In an ironic twist she'll just tell people: "Be. Careful."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:
You two don't bother reading actual news at all do you?

Right, because it's improper to surmise a terror link when a car rams into 11 people in a country that has had a rash of vehicular attacks of a particular variety in the last 6 months. :roll:

It's definitely unnecessary JLN.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Right, because it's improper to surmise a terror link when a car rams into 11 people in a country that has had a rash of vehicular attacks of a particular variety in the last 6 months. :roll:

Right. I just assume it was an Asian driver.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Right. I just assume it was an Asian driver.

I was glad when i found from Mrs Crest none of our daughter's are currently driving in Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:20 pm 
Baby McNown wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Right. See thanks for posting the NOT TERROR RELATED headline. Just step back and admit you are wrong.

My post at 11:30 AM was made after checking CNN and BBC's reporting on the matter. At the time (again, 11:30AM, some 6 hours ago), the motive was not yet determined, and the quote used by both outlets referenced an "open mind". Time, as it does, passed, and 1 hour ago (meaning 5 hours had come and gone since my post at 11:30 am) the BBC updated the article you linked. What this means is, that at the time I posted, both CNN and BBC had not reported on the official stance of London police regarding motive, and the facts reported had all the earmarks of the recent spate of vehicular attacks that have occurred specifically in that city.

At the time you made your post ABC of all the wounded horse newsrooms already had it from the PD as not being terror. This is where you step back from the keyboard for a bit. Being trounced by me doesn't look good on your resume.

1. The PD initially said "not terror" and then walked it back to "keeping an open mind". Only later was it definitively "not terror". It's likely that ABC was still reporting the initial pronouncement by London police before the "open mind" bit.

2. From now on I'll go to the local ABC affiliate for all the breaking news on an event in London.

3. You didn't trounce anyone.

Admit you were wrong and move on Juice. I know it hurts, but you must.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nope. Presuming that each of these incidents is an act of Islamic terrorism is even more dangerous and it only serves to feed the appetite of right wing nut jobs that get hard ons when such attacks occurs.

There is no upside in presuming that this was an act of terrorism. You're promoting an agenda as opposed to allowing the facts to play out.

Actively wishing away facts of the current climate of terrorist attacks in Europe, particularly with regards to London, puts people in danger. The objective reality is that the last, what, 3 out of 4 times since March the early-morning facts were "multiple people injured/killed by car running into them" the "facts played out" into a terrorist attack committed by a particular kind of terrorist. And the last 4 acts ALL were attacks of hate and terror.

Quote:
You did the same thing with the Charlottesville car incident and you wound up looking equally foolish. You were quick to try and defend the actions of a Nazi extremist and that is dangerous also.

Yeah....that's not what I did. If you could stop saying it, dingus, that'd be great.

Quote:
You repeatedly slant events so that they coincide with your own worldview.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The First Amendment is about religious tolerance.

Actually it is.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/amend_1.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5