It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... 0f7c9c0020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest is an Infowars-inspired whack job who makes assertions (not arguments) he believes are self-evident and either knowingly or unknowingly posts fake news. I fail to see why most everything he posts in political threads should be taken seriously until he undergoes serious reform.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Bad day yesterday for board members that have spent the last couple of months reposting whatever bullshit the media spoon fed them. Lemmings.

You did post the lights out in the White House story, correct?

I am.

And did you find that in the media?

I had never heard about it until you posted it. I have to assume you got that from some media source.

But we have heard for months that this is Trump's final year and he will be charged after he obstructed justice. And we have seen MANY hear BELIEVE and push that narrative. Without a shred of evidence to support it.

Aren't you going to ask them why?

You're either missing or ignoring the point of my original post. You called out board members for posting "bullshit" stories spoon fed to them when you posted quite possibly one of the bigger bullshit stories of the political season on this board. And you still won't tell where you got it from.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't care how you feel about Trump, Comey is just a fuckin' weasel. If they make a movie he should be played by Bob Gunton.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am busy enjoying myself in Chicago and not being too connected. Catch me up on this. Damage report please.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 am 

pittmike wrote:
I am busy enjoying myself in Chicago and not being too connected. Catch me up on this. Damage report please.
Trump is most likely just grossly incompetent rather than malicious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:

You gonna be in Crystal Lake at all? T Here is this new play at Three Oaks Recreation, Dukes. Great time especially when the weather is nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:29 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't care how you feel about Trump, Comey is just a fuckin' weasel. If they make a movie he should be played by Bob Gunton.

This is something that shouldn't get lost in all the passion surrounding the politics because someone is going to recruit him to run for office.

I'd have reservations about even hiring him as a lawyer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 am 
Site Admin

veganfan21 wrote:
Seacrest is an Infowars-inspired whack job who makes assertions (not arguments) he believes are self-evident and either knowingly or unknowingly posts fake news. I fail to see why most everything he posts in political threads should be taken seriously until he undergoes serious reform.

Kind of like trying to have a serious conversation with an adult that believes that women are not equal to men and stands silent while devotees of his religion throw gay people off of buildings.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This is something that shouldn't get lost in all the passion surrounding the politics because someone is going to recruit him to run for office.

I'd have reservations about even hiring him as a lawyer.

After yesterday, I think that MANY of us have finally found something during the reign of Trump that we can all agree on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You gonna be in Crystal Lake at all? T Here is this new play at Three Oaks Recreation, Dukes. Great time especially when the weather is nice.

Staying SW burbs this time. In for a hit and run retirement party tomorrow. Gonna spend today with GF and kids at Navy Pier, millennium etc. funny my kids are from Chicago but don't remember much. So they are tourists. Last trip I took them through my youth.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 am 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Staying SW burbs this time. In for a hit and run retirement party tomorrow. Gonna spend today with GF and kids at Navy Pier, millennium etc. funny my kids are from Chicago but don't remember much. So they are tourists. Last trip I took them through my youth.

We can meet in the middle tomorrow in Hoffman Estates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:14 am 

Seacrest wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Kind of like trying to have a serious conversation with an adult that believes that women are not equal to men and stands silent while devotees of his religion throw gay people off of buildings.

So you go ad hominem when you've got no response. Got it. I'm actually pro-LGTBQ and don't have the types of beliefs about women that you seem to have for logic: that it's inferior. Anyway, you don't know shit about me so try keeping things on subject.

As usual, you deflected and didn't respond directly to the charges. That's fine, just not surprised. Let me try to reset things before you got sanctimoniously ugly: the charges Comey levied against Trump, while not what someone like Rachel Maddow might have wanted, are serious nonetheless. They validate pre-election concerns about Trump's fitness for office and his competency. Even Paul Ryan had to debase himself by saying basic things like the separation of branches of government to preserve their independence from one another is something that that Trump hasn't figured out yet because he's new to government. Monica Lewinsky respected the oval office better than Trump does.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:27 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

So you go ad hominem when you've got no response. Got it. I'm actually pro-LGTBQ and don't have the types of beliefs about women that you seem to have for logic: that it's inferior. Anyway, you don't know shit about me so try keeping things on subject.

As usual, you deflected and didn't respond directly to the charges. That's fine, just not surprised. Let me try to reset things before you got sanctimoniously ugly: the charges Comey levied against Trump, while not what someone like Rachel Maddow might have wanted, are serious nonetheless. They validate pre-election concerns about Trump's fitness for office and his competency. Even Paul Ryan had to debase himself by saying basic things like the separation of branches of government to preserve their independence from one another is something that that Trump hasn't figured out yet because he's new to government. Monica Lewinsky respected the oval office better than Trump does.

I gave up arguing about Comey yesterday because "I don't know anything about it."

:cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
you're a whack job
no you're a whack job
oh yeah, just go ad hominem on me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
veganfan21 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm 

No leash, he'll get up in this case.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
you're a whack job
no you're a whack job

Yeah that was odd.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:50 pm 

denisdman wrote:

I gave up arguing about Comey yesterday because "I don't know anything about it."

:cheers:

The problem with you is that you read news and reflect. :)

You and others probably made the same point I did after skimming through, so I probably should have mentioned that. Haven't read whole thread yet.
Hatchetman wrote:
you're a whack job
no you're a whack job

I don't have a problem with being criticized for that, but at the same time people calling out others for what they think are dumb arguments or positions is fairly routine. So the whack job thing came in the flow of other posts he made that me and a few others found weak and hypocritical. I doubt you've been reading the thread. I didn't use personal information about anyone to then make up positions I say they personally hold and then attack those positions because I'm too craven to respond to what's been said about my own thoughts. That's actually ad hominem plus a straw man in just one post - pretty impressive.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:54 pm 

Vegan, I just watched/listened to Comey live. And I posted my impressions. I have not been on the impeach Trump train. And I don't think Trump did anything illegal. But I thought Comey did a nice job overall and was smart about the way he played this. Yeah he's a weasel as I believe Jorr noted, but he is dealing with a sicko and had to protect himself.

The way the Senators treated him says a lot about Comey. Largely, both sides thanked Comey for his service and said he had a lot on credibility with the Intelligence committee.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:
LOL @ legal protections? I 'm sure he slept well at night knowing that. He was speaking alone with the President who is a known narcissist and uses Twitter and lies at every turn. I doubt legal protections were tops on his mind when trying to figure out how to deal with Trump.

That's why he wanted someone from the Justice Department to meet with him when he was with Trump.

You're just laughing at yourself. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Here's what I was referring to Vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:59 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Vegan, I just watched/listened to Comey live. And I posted my impressions. I have not been on the impeach Trump train. And I don't think Trump did anything illegal. But I thought Comey did a nice job overall and was smart about the way he played this. Yeah he's a weasel as I believe Jorr noted, but he is dealing with a sicko and had to protect himself.

The way the Senators treated him says a lot about Comey. Largely, both sides thanked Comey for his service and said he had a lot on credibility with the Intelligence committee.

I guess this question is for JORR but also anyone else calling Comey a weasel. Why? Is it the writing memos thing? Honestly curious.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
The Orange Sensation is going to field questions at 1:45pm on CNN.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:40 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
The Orange Sensation is going to field questions at 1:45pm on CNN.

I should turn that on, but I think I'll stick with Pat Hughes. Mind updating us here....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

This will be the first time Trump has taken any questions in 22 days.

Updates to come...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Trump speaking about a "strategic partnership" with Romania. Blah blah blah.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Trump dodging first question about Comey. Says, "No collusion, no obstruction. Comey is a leaker. Just an excuse by the Democrats for losing the election. Comey confirmed a lot of what I said. But most of what he said is simply not true."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Asked if he would testify under oath to give his version of the story, Trump says "100 percent yes."

When asked if there are tapes, Trump says he'll "let us all know slowly and in the near future. But you will all be disappointed."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

And that's it.

Overall not much, but Trump double-downed on his claims that Comey is lying. He did say he'd be willing to say that under oath.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next