It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
No tapes, though. He said-He said. And we know Trump would lie under oath.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
leashyourkids wrote:

Seems to me this goes in one of four ways:

1) There are no tapes, never were, Trump testifies under oath, nothing happens.

2) Trump destroys tapes, which is obstruction of justice, gets impeached immediately. Testifying doesn't matter.

3) There are no tapes, Trump testifies, lies under oath, but nobody knows any different because there is no proof.

4) There are tapes, Trump testifies, lies under oath, tapes prove it, he gets impeached.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
And that's it.

Overall not much, but Trump double-downed on his claims that Comey is lying. He did say he'd be willing to say that under oath.
He also promised he would release his taxes. He will never voluntarily answer any questions under oath. Saying that he would only serves to give his witless flock some comfort. If push comes to shove he will say he wants to speak under oath but that his lawyer has advised him not to.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

2) Trump destroys tapes, which is obstruction of justice, gets impeached immediately. Testifying doesn't matter.

3) There are no tapes, Trump testifies, lies under oath, but nobody knows any different because there is no proof.

4) There are tapes, Trump testifies, lies under oath, tapes prove it, he gets impeached.

Trump could stand at the podium with tapes, light them on fire in front of the press and would not get impeached.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:05 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Trump could stand at the podium with tapes, light them on fire in front of the press and would not get impeached.

He'll flash around blank TDK's and imply they contain damning statements proving Comey lied...just like he did with all of those folders filled with blank paper that "proved" he had turned his business operations over to his children. Doubt he is even aware that there are digital recording devices these days. Hell, Comey may have recorded him on his cell phone...now that would be sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
No matter what the liberal media is trying to say about him with their constant smear assault campaign, Trump is well on his way toward becoming the Very Best President Of The United States of America of all time.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Vegan, I just watched/listened to Comey live. And I posted my impressions. I have not been on the impeach Trump train. And I don't think Trump did anything illegal. But I thought Comey did a nice job overall and was smart about the way he played this. Yeah he's a weasel as I believe Jorr noted, but he is dealing with a sicko and had to protect himself.

The way the Senators treated him says a lot about Comey. Largely, both sides thanked Comey for his service and said he had a lot on credibility with the Intelligence committee.

I guess this question is for JORR but also anyone else calling Comey a weasel. Why? Is it the writing memos thing? Honestly curious.

I have no problem with the guy writing memos. It was probably a smart thing to do when he was dealing with a guy like Trump. He's a weasel because he used a back channel to leak information in order to achieve a desired result. Does that sound like a leader to you? He's a weasel because he uses weasel words. He acts like he's holier than thou but instead of simply saying, "Sir (or Ma'am), that's inappropriate" he gives weasel answers like, "I'll look into it" and then runs to snitch like a little bitch. That's the kind of weak shit I expect from a first year sales guy, not the Director of the FBI. He let Lynch bully him without getting outraged, but when it's Trump he's ready to cause an impeachment hearing. This guy is slimy. I think he's actually a lot more like Trump than he'd like to believe- a self-aggrandizing narcissistic egomaniac. I don't know what his political end game is, but I'm sure he has one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
Panther pislA wrote:
No matter what the liberal media is trying to say about him with their constant smear assault campaign, Trump is well on his way toward becoming the Very Best President Of The United States of America of all time.

Winning. I'm not tired of it yet.
I just read about 50,000 new coal jobs. Also, USA on the way to being an energy exporting superpower.
Poland just got delivery of the first new USA NatGas shipment. But, Trump colluded with Putin. LOL

"can you help me"--beleagured East Euro pol
"yes"--The Equalizer

# :santa:

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
conns7901 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Yup. The whole point of this farce is to illustrate that Trump is above the law.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
In the history of political nonsense, this may be the biggest nothing burger ever served to the populace.

Van Jones coming out in agreement with Seacrest today on the whole Russia investigation. :cheers:

Used my exact wording too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
In the history of political nonsense, this may be the biggest nothing burger ever served to the populace.

Van Jones coming out in agreement with Seacrest today on the whole Russia investigation. :cheers:

I saw the quote today but forgot about this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I saw the quote today but forgot about this post.

I'm a trendsetter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
Fukin Fake News Network bitches. They shold remove al the seneters and congressmen investigating Trump from theyre payroll.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Now we know why he didn't go after Hillary...

More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton over in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... classified

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:56 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton over in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

And in other news...
“Fox & Friends” has withdrawn a report about former FBI Director James Comey that was debunked hours earlier.

Nearly 15 hours after reporting that Comey revealed “top secret” information in his personal memos about his meetings with President Donald Trump, the show admitted the notes “did not have top secret info.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And in other news...
“Fox & Friends” has withdrawn a report about former FBI Director James Comey that was debunked hours earlier.

Nearly 15 hours after reporting that Comey revealed “top secret” information in his personal memos about his meetings with President Donald Trump, the show admitted the notes “did not have top secret info.”

That was reported by The Hill, not Fox. Is it the same story?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Nobama's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
And in other news...

But Obama hired Comey who leaked classified intel and you won't say anything about that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And in other news...

That was reported by The Hill, not Fox. Is it the same story?
The Fox story came from The Hill, they distorted it & then Trump tweeted their take. You can't make this stuff up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And in other news...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/er ... 28d09204f2

Co-host Steve Doocy on Tuesday morning alerted viewers that mistakes had been made. “Yesterday on this program we aired and tweeted a story saying former FBI director James Comey leaked memos containing top-secret information. We were mistaken in that. According to a report, half of the memos contained information classified at the secret or confidential level, not top secret. Documents in which Mr. Comey leaked are at this point unclear. Just wanted to straighten that out.” A tweet from the “Fox & Friends” account also delivered a similar correction.

Substantial public fascination relates to the memo that Comey passed along to friend and Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman for leaking to the New York Times. Though Richman didn’t send that memo to the newspaper, he did share its contents. And he told CNN on Monday that he didn’t receive any memo that was marked classified.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

FrankDrebin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And in other news...

Co-host Steve Doocy on Tuesday morning alerted viewers that mistakes had been made. “Yesterday on this program we aired and tweeted a story saying former FBI director James Comey leaked memos containing top-secret information. We were mistaken in that. According to a report, half of the memos contained information classified at the secret or confidential level, not top secret. Documents in which Mr. Comey leaked are at this point unclear. Just wanted to straighten that out.” A tweet from the “Fox & Friends” account also delivered a similar correction.

Substantial public fascination relates to the memo that Comey passed along to friend and Columbia University law professor Daniel Richman for leaking to the New York Times. Though Richman didn’t send that memo to the newspaper, he did share its contents. And he told CNN on Monday that he didn’t receive any memo that was marked classified.

So it was classified but not "top secret."?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

And in other news...

So it was classified but not "top secret."?
there are levels of classification. Further, per The Hill..."But the same report does not claim that Comey leaked classified information when he leaked his memos through a friend to the New York Times, however."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6