It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Otto Warmbier
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
Its in no way a false analogy. Ogie just hates white people and wants to see them suffer, his brain has been poisoned by the current news climate and there's no coming back. Killing himself is his best, last option.

*Ogie can be white and hate white people

Where have I even mentioned race? :lol:

If he were black, hispanic, or whatever I'd think he's just as stupid. Heck, I want the North Koreans to detain Dennis Rodman since he keeps going over there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:
Its in no way a false analogy. Ogie just hates white people and wants to see them suffer, his brain has been poisoned by the current news climate and there's no coming back. Killing himself is his best, last option.

If he were black, hispanic, or whatever I'd think he's just as stupid. Heck, I want the North Koreans to detain Dennis Rodman since he keeps going over there.

Really? Because you hate the institution of the police and cheer the death of a young white kid for having the audacity to book a tightly controlled travel itinerary. The double standard here is blatant and can only be explained by an irrational hatred of those directly involved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 am 

I'll use a proper analogy here. It's known I lived for 3 years in Israel. Let's just say that while I traveled to Judea and Samaria (what you would call the West Bank), I never left what would be termed under Oslo as Area C. I knew that if I had gone into Area A, I'd be putting myself at considerable risk.

I would say that yes if I willingly enter Area A and something would've happened to me, it would've been my fault for putting myself into a situation which I would have known to be dangerous. Ditto if I entered into Gaza.

There are a few Israelis who are being held in Gaza because they (for reasons unknown) crossed into the territory. While I despise Hamas, I'm not exactly pining for the Israeli government to negotiate for their release because they made a choice knowing what would happen. I'd have a different view if they were kidnapped into Gaza like Gilad Shalit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'll use a proper analogy here. It's known I lived for 3 years in Israel. Let's just say that while I traveled to Judea and Samaria (what you would call the West Bank), I never left what would be termed under Oslo as Area C. I knew that if I had gone into Area A, I'd be putting myself at considerable risk.

I would say that yes if I willingly enter Area A and something would've happened to me, it would've been my fault for putting myself into a situation which I would have known to be dangerous.

How do you feel about the way Israel treats Palestinians? I bet its different than the way you feel about American police treating American citizens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So what Ogie is basically saying is that when you are in a country you are at the mercy of however the government acts and therefore it is your fault with how they treat you? I would think a guy who has complained many times about our own government would not want to set that precedent to his posts.

I'm saying North Korea is a brutal regime. They should be condemned, sanctioned, etc. However, that does not absolve a moron who travels there and should know better.

Once again, I think the State Department's warning page re visiting North Korea really couldn't be any more clear.
So basically the reason you don't view the actions of our government and the victims similarly is because tour government isn't as bad?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:42 am 

America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:

Really? Because you hate the institution of the police and cheer the death of a young white kid for having the audacity to book a tightly controlled travel itinerary. The double standard here is blatant and can only be explained by an irrational hatred of those directly involved.

I hate the police because they are armed tax collectors and regularly violating our granted Constitutional rights. I hate them for the same reason I despise the NSA, ATF, DEA, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[
I hate the police because they are armed tax collectors and regularly violating our granted Constitutional rights. I hate them for the same reason I despise the NSA, ATF, DEA, etc.

Oh. It all makes sense then. You're nuts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So what Ogie is basically saying is that when you are in a country you are at the mercy of however the government acts and therefore it is your fault with how they treat you? I would think a guy who has complained many times about our own government would not want to set that precedent to his posts.

I'm saying North Korea is a brutal regime. They should be condemned, sanctioned, etc. However, that does not absolve a moron who travels there and should know better.

Once again, I think the State Department's warning page re visiting North Korea really couldn't be any more clear.
So basically the reason you don't view the actions of our government and the victims similarly is because tour government isn't as bad?

There is no comparison between North Korea's government and any other government currently on this planet.

I get angry when our government treats our citizens badly because we are supposed to expect better. As citizens they are supposed to be serving us, not the other way around.

I have no such expectation for North Korea's government to treat anyone as a human let alone grant them rights because they don't even provide that for their own citizens, who are basically slaves to a despot. Why a citizen of a free nation would want to travel to such a place knowing they are in danger is beyond me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

There is no comparison between North Korea's government and any other government currently on this planet.

I get angry when our government treats our citizens badly because we are supposed to expect better. As citizens they are supposed to be serving us, not the other way around.

I have no such expectation for North Korea's government to treat anyone as a human let alone grant them rights because they don't even provide that for their own citizens, who are basically slaves to a despot. Why a citizen of a free nation would want to travel to such a place knowing they are in danger is beyond me.

So if our government got much worse would you start blaming the people they kill?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:46 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[

Oh. It all makes sense then. You're nuts.

So these orgs don't violate our constitutional rights (especially the 4th Amendment) with regularity?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:46 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

But Koreans shouldn't expect better becuase...?

I dont know, none of this makes sense. You've been brainwashed by too many people and cant keep your shit straight anymore. This isn't even like Brick where he just takes the -anti because he addicted to arguing, you actually believe all this criss-crossing bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[
So these orgs don't violate our constitutional rights (especially the 4th Amendment) with regularity?

Well, file a law suit and see if the courts agree with you. Or perhaps you hate judges too?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So if our government got much worse would you start blaming the people they kill?

we would be in the situation the North Korean people are in, they are slaves and not to blame for being born into such a nation. They have no choice. Otto Warmbier, on the other hand, had a choice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:49 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
[

Well, file a law suit and see if the courts agree with you. Or perhaps you hate judges too?

Put more Gorsuch's on the court and we can pry back such rights. In his appellate court career he often sided against law enforcement in cases revolving around the 4th.

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

I find it interesting that some of the same people arguing for this guy's human rights are among the same group on here that brazenly have no problem disregarding those of Muslims. And I am not talking about bans either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:51 am 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
I find it interesting that some of the same people arguing for this guy's human rights are among the same group on here that brazenly have no problem disregarding those of Muslims. And I am not talking about bans either.

What are you talking about then? Who is denying Muslims their human rights?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
we would be in the situation the North Korean people are in, they are slaves and not to blame for being born into such a nation. They have no choice. Otto Warmbier, on the other hand, had a choice
So let's assume that Americans still had the right to flee the country. If the government started killing it's own citizens with regularity would you start to blame the people they are killing over the government?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:52 am 

long time guy wrote:

The West has coddled and nurtured Muslims despite being constantly punished for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't know why we have to choose a side.

Should we bomb North Korea to ashes? Yes.

Is this kid a fucking moron who was asking for it? Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What are you talking about then? Who is denying Muslims their human rights?

The whole Muslims live and breathe to kill Americans narrative should lose steam when you consider that We have "boots on the ground" and bomb the shit out of them. It never has here with MANY. I'd say that is a brazen disregard for human rights. I also would suggest that continuously calling for the eradication of a religion even though the overwhelming majority of people do not participate in terrorism is a violation of civil rights.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:01 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:

^this guy gets it, although in all honesty I'd squeeze North Korea before starting a war that flattens Seoul. If we wanted to we could get China to kick them to the curb by punishing Chinese banks that transfer funds by kicking them out of SWIFT.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:02 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
So let's assume that Americans still had the right to flee the country. If the government started killing it's own citizens with regularity would you start to blame the people they are killing over the government?

it's really an unfair demand for someone who is born into a nation to have to flee it. Now if that happened and some Aussie visited us after knowing what was likely to happen, that would be a fair analogy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:

I guess in the same imaginary place that I was first alleged to have in this thread.

Notice how most seem to completely gloss over your travel in and around Israel analogy. Telling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

^this guy gets it, although in all honesty I'd squeeze North Korea before starting a war that flattens Seoul. If we wanted to we could get China to kick them to the curb by punishing Chinese banks that transfer funds by kicking them out of SWIFT.

But POTUS said the Chinese aren't the evil or corrupt world actors he bleated about during the campaign season.

Funny how cheap financing, playing ball with the Kushners and granting certain people licensing agreements and intellectual property protections to print money changed all that.

And while we're at it, cue up all the Board macro economists to overanalyze the implications of pressuring Beijing (& the impact on high end properties here. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Hockey Gay wrote:

I don't find this offensive coming from you. In fact, I pretty much agree with the sentiment, though I'd say "asking for it" is a bit much. But I think it's fair to say the same thing about a woman who gets shitty at a frat party and gets raped. Saying she did something dumb doesn't absolve the rapist. However, such a thought is anathema to the social justice left which is why I find the take by many of them in this case to be so offensive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

I don't find this offensive coming from you. In fact, I pretty much agree with the sentiment, though I'd say "asking for it" is a bit much. But I think it's fair to say the same thing about a woman who gets shitty at a frat party and gets raped. Saying she did something dumb doesn't absolve the rapist. However, such a thought is anathema to the social justice left which is why I find the take by many of them in this case to be so offensive.

But you have no opinion other than to desire to actively parrot out the faux outrage from the compassionate conservatives?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

But you have no opinion other than to desire to actively parrot out the faux outrage from the compassionate conservatives?

What the fuck are you talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:20 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

A foreign government tortured a young American to death and you only refer to it being an outrage sarcastically.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

It is not fair to say.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next