It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Otto Warmbier
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
long time guy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Israel's media is pretty left wing

What do you expect from (((the liberal media)))?

long time guy wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bin Laden wasnt a religious fanatic. His problems with the United States were related to geopolitics not religion.

Muslims aren't the only group of people with terrorist organizations either. Other groups have them also.

Name one active terrorist group that is remotely similar.

The Mossad

hoo boy

Another of the know it all yet know nothings shows up to add absolutely nothing. Typical and not unexpected. Oh bet he knows how to use a quote function though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mo ... ins-202192

so they are like every other intelligence agency that every other developed nation has... You're really full of shit here

Oh my god they assassinated a Hamas leader (terrorist group FYI), they must be terrorists. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:54 pm 

You're right. I think the CIA is terrorist also. Look at the operations conducted. Fuck labels. They perform many of the the same actions performed by terrorist organizations. Very similar but since they are our assholes it is not presented that way.

That's where people are truly full of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You're right. I think the CIA is terrorist also. Look at the operations conducted. Fuck labels. They perform many of the the same actions performed by terrorist organizations. Very similar but since they are our assholes it is not presented that way.

targetted assassinations of security threats is not terrorism. You're really full of shit if you push that line of reasoning.

When they start designing operations to cause maximum civilian casualties, I'll call them terrorists. Clearly that isn't the case here.

2 words, fuck off

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

targetted assassinations of security threats is not terrorism. You're really full of shit if you push that line of reasoning.

When they start designing operations to cause maximum civilian casualties, I'll call them terrorists. Clearly that isn't the case here.

2 words, fuck off

Was Salvador Allende a security threat? How about Arbenz?

If you look at the Mossad they perform terrorist acts and have historically. I know it's for the purpose of "National Security"

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHAR ... ption.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

2 words, fuck off

If you look at the Mossad they perform terrorist acts and have historically. I know it's for the purpose of "National Security"

so you're equating democratic leaders overthrown by the CIA with Hamas terrorists assassinated by Mossad.

Holy crap those are some lazy and wrong analogies to make.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:09 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

2 words, fuck off

so you're equating democratic leaders overthrown by the CIA with Hamas terrorists assassinated by Mossad.

Those were acts of terrorism i cited. Assassination of Hamas leader isn't the only thing Mossad has participated in either. How about CIA support for death squads in Latin America? Does that qualify as terrorism?

Like I said anytime anyone wants to pickup let's rock. N
Been awhile but information doesn't change. Neither does facts. Mossad has functioned as an arm of terrorism too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The agency that captured Eichmann is a terrorist group, that's the (((good stuff))) I come here for.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

2 words, fuck off

Those were acts of terrorism i cited. Assassination of Hamas leader isn't the only thing Mossad has participated in either. How about CIA support for death squads in Latin America? Does that qualify as terrorism?

Been awhile but information doesn't change. Neither does facts. Mossad has functioned as an arm of terrorism too.

You keep citing CIA actions when I counter your bullshit claim that Mossad is a terrorist group. You know they are two very different organizations from different countries, right?

Clearly you don't know what the fuck Mossad does/has done as you can't name a terrorist action they have taken.

We are talking about Mossad, not CIA here.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:13 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The agency that captured Eichmann is a terrorist group, that's the (((good stuff))) I come here for.

I'm just waiting for LTG to start with "The Mossad did 9/11" or some other bullshit. I'm sure that's next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:

2 words, fuck off

You keep citing CIA actions when I counter your bullshit claim that Mossad is a terrorist group. You know they are two very different organizations from different countries, right?

Clearly you don't know what the fuck Mossad does/has done as you can't name a terrorist action they have taken.

Once I do the source will be immediately discredited because it doesn't jive with narrative. That racket is getting old too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:35 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Once I do the source will be immediately discredited because it doesn't jive with narrative. That racket is getting old too.

:lol:
You're funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

long time guy wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Dude I actually due this for a living and have a Master's degree in the subject. I will be happy to lock up with clowns like you any day. Anyone can cherry pick. There are plenty of books on the subject of Bin Laden's motivation. One such book the Bin Laden's by Steve Coll perfectly surmises the issue.

Again when you feel like locking up let's rock. This is what the fuck I do. Religion is the American backed narrative. If it were about Islam he would not have volunteered to fight Hussein.

History backs it up. Not right wing spin conducted by message board hacks.

You cant even edit quotes for board posterity. I can't take anything you say seriously. Your "come at me bro" moment left me in stitches

How much did Phoenix Online charge you for a masters in bullshit?

How is Osama's own writings and literary collection right wing spin?

Quote editing obviously isn't a sign of intellect if you are a guru at it.

2nd if you were familiar with Bin Ladian quotes you'd know that most of his rhetoric related to American foreign policy. Bin Laden was a student of U.S. History (which you obviously aren't) and much of diatribe related to American influence in the region. He wasn't even the spiritual leader for Al Queda. Many people within their organization viewed him merely as a financial source.

Again whenever you choose to lock with this feel free. Nothing in that article related to a holy war yet you in your message board hackness chose to see that it did. No mention of Christianity at all.

American spinmeisters like you have conflated this to be a war between good religion (Christianity) and bad religion (Islam). Look at those Muslims while they are blowing up buildings and running Vans into people. Please excuse us as we throw rockets and bombs at them. Keep in mind that we are only doing it for their own good.

We are attempting to civilize them even as we commit acts that are uncivilized and inhumane. Only understand that this is part of "progress" and not meant to harm. That quack Bin Laden could never quite understand this. He thought that we meant to harm as we overthrew govts and stole oil. He was sadly mistaken of course. We were there to help not harm. We only supplied the Shah with guns and technical support for the purpose of bringing peace to Iranian society.

Oh that damn Hussein. Why did he have drop the poisonous gases that we supplied. Those silly Saudis. We really have worked extra hard to change their repressive monarchy. Our dedication to human rights is exemplified by our condemnation of their many infractions. Yeah how those sanctions working out Saudis?

US boots had nothing to do with 9/11 yet 19 of 23 just so coincidentally happened to be Saudis.

It is truly clowns like you that do the entire process a disservice. You don't know a damn thing about which you speak.

So you did not read anything. Yes, Bin Laden wanted US troops out of Saudi Arabia because it's the holy land. You claim to know the inner knowledge of Bin Laden's mind better than his own writings. It's why it's worthless arguing with you. You are a complete fraud in any type of historical analysis. And you aren't the only one with graduate work in history. Decided against going into academia.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 pm 

He also wanted Iraqi/Muslim troops out also fool. He would not have accepted Iraqi troops on the ground either. He wanted to war with them too. You conveniently omit this from Your "analysis". You cite a damn article from 96 when everything Anti American dates back to 91. His first anti American rants began then. It was related to the Persian Gulf War. It wasn't an inherent hatred of Christianity. You along with a few other ignorant fools can form whatever message board consensus you like. I could care less. I read and I analyze.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
He also wanted Iraqi/Muslim troops out also fool. He would not have accepted Iraqi troops on the ground either. He wanted to war with them too. You conveniently omit this from Your "analysis". You cite a damn article from 96 when everything Anti American dates back to 91. His first anti American rants began then. It was related to the Persian Gulf War. It wasn't an inherent hatred of Christianity. You along with a few other ignorant fools can form whatever message board consensus you like. I could care less. I read and I analyze.

No one has remotely tried to make this argument. You also do not understand that there is a major civil war going on between different sects of Islam.

Also, I did not present an "article" I provided what is called a primary source document that provides his motivate for hating the US. All of these are religious in origin.

Rather than name call, why don't you try to discuss actual facts? What's up with the hostility?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 pm 

long time guy wrote:

No one has remotely tried to make this argument. You also do not understand that there is a major civil war going on between different sects of Islam.

Also, I did not present an "article" I provided what is called a primary source document that provides his motivate for hating the US. All of these are religious in origin.

Rather than name call, why don't you try to discuss actual facts? What's up with the hostility?

I'm tired of the "resident board historian" angle you have been trying to work. Every time you disagree about something of a historical nature you play the card. I could easily refute the stuff from 96 as propaganda. Bin Laden began hating the US in 91 and there are direct quotes primary sources which support it also. They are ignored because the need to present the religious angle is ever present.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Quote:
At university, bin Laden's main interest was religion, where he was involved in both "interpreting the Quran and jihad" and charitable work

Lawrence Wright. The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda And The Road To 9/11

Maybe if you can lock horns and fuck up Lawrence Wright's account of pre 91 Osama they will give you his Pullitzer LTG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:42 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Quote:
At university, bin Laden's main interest was religion, where he was involved in both "interpreting the Quran and jihad" and charitable work

Maybe if you can lock horns and fuck up Lawrence Wright's account of pre 91 Osama they will give you his Pullitzer LTG

Perhaps.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/osama- ... 8-13506629

Bin Laden's anger is clearly directed at U.S. government and military. No references to Christianity. How is this for a primary source.

Let the spin job begin.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Quote:

This illustrates how stupid you sound. He studied religion thus he is a religious fanatic. That's just dumb. You quoted a sentence which verifies that he was interested in religion. Well I'll be damned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:04 am 

long time guy wrote:
Bin Laden wasnt a religious fanatic. His problems with the United States were related to geopolitics not religion.

Sure he wasn't. He went anywhere Islam was "under attack" and started a Jihad. You really are absurd.

Islam was under attack in Saudi Arabia I guess?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 am 

I don't care for this attack on improper quoting technique.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
I don't care for this attack on improper quoting technique.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Sure he wasn't. He went anywhere Islam was "under attack" and started a Jihad. You really are absurd.

Islam was under attack in Saudi Arabia I guess?

He literally said that in the 96 statement that I posted earlier. It was quoted by Toxic.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:19 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I'm tired of the "resident board historian" angle you have been trying to work. Every time you disagree about something of a historical nature you play the card. I could easily refute the stuff from 96 as propaganda. Bin Laden began hating the US in 91 and there are direct quotes primary sources which support it also. They are ignored because the need to present the religious angle is ever present.

How are you going to refute a primary source? This is not an article taking a stance. Unless you have a statement from him saying this was a lie, and I really was not motivated by these stated reasons then you are claiming the ability to understand his thoughts better than his public statements.

The rest of what you said shows that you have decided to start an argument for reasons other than the facts to win some board pissing contest that you perceive but doesn't exist.

Bin Laden was motivated by the teaching of his religion. Unless you can show something that says otherwise-it's the only binding thread in his actions. He was not it in for nationalism, monetary gain or personal comfort. He lived on the run fighting the west and in some cases other Muslims because of the manner in which he believed Islam should be practiced.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

How are you going to refute a primary source? This is not an article taking a stance. Unless you have a statement from him saying this was a lie, and I really was not motivated by these stated reasons then you are claiming the ability to understand his thoughts better than his public statements.

The rest of what you said shows that you have decided to start an argument for reasons other than the facts to win some board pissing contest that you perceive but doesn't exist.

Bin Laden was motivated by the teaching of his religion. Unless you can show something that says otherwise-it's the only binding thread in his actions. He was not it in for nationalism, monetary gain or personal comfort. He lived on the run fighting the west and in some cases other Muslims because of the manner in which he believed Islam should be practiced.

I stated that he targeted America because they had troops on the ground in Arabia. He said that he targeted the America because they had troops on the ground in Arabia. That interview in case you didnt know checks of the primary source box also. As such it supports earlier claims (1991) which state that he targeted the U.S. because he didn't want them on Arabian soil.

He made no mention of targeting Americans because they were Christians. When he referenced infidels he spoke of American troops. His war a political not religious war. This propaganda campaign regarding religion needs to cease and desist. 90% of Middle East is probably Muslim. If a soldier is fighting against the U.S. chances are they will be Muslim. If it is about Islam then why aren't their many Indonesians joining the cause?

For some reason that gets overlooked. Same thing with N.Korea. The reason that they have the U.S. in their crosshairs is because thousands of troops are stationed in S.Korea. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

When you say that he started wars where ever Islam was under attack it's false though. Islam was never under attack in Saudi Arabia. Troops were sent in to protect the Saudi Monarchy. Islam also wasn't under attack in Afghanistan either. The Soviets invaded because their communist placed puppet was ousted.

The Northern Alliance and Taliban members were both followers of Islam so whose attacking whom?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Islam was never under attack in Saudi Arabia.

I think you're misunderstanding what bin Laden viewed as "under attack". He considered the very presence of infidel troops so close to the "holy cities" an affront to Islam.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding what bin Laden viewed as "under attack". He considered the very presence of infidel troops so close to the "holy cities" an affront to Islam.

He would have warred with Iraq if Iraq had invaded though. Iraq had Muslim soldiers obviously. If it were simply about infidel Americans and their religion why did he seek to take on Iraq?.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He would have warred with Iraq if Iraq had invaded though. Iraq had Muslim soldiers obviously. If it were simply about infidel Americans and their religion why did he seek to take on Iraq?.

I don't think he considered Shiite Iraqis to be actual Muslims, for one thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I stated that he targeted America because they had troops on the ground in Arabia. He said that he targeted the America because they had troops on the ground in Arabia. That interview in case you didnt know checks of the primary source box also. As such it supports earlier claims (1991) which state that he targeted the U.S. because he didn't want them on Arabian soil.

He made no mention of targeting Americans because they were Christians. When he referenced infidels he spoke of American troops. His war a political not religious war. This propaganda campaign regarding religion needs to cease and desist. 90% of Middle East is probably Muslim. If a soldier is fighting against the U.S. chances are they will be Muslim. If it is about Islam then why aren't their many Indonesians joining the cause?

For some reason that gets overlooked. Same thing with N.Korea. The reason that they have the U.S. in their crosshairs is because thousands of troops are stationed in S.Korea. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

Why is Arabia soil sacred though? You are flat-out ignoring this. And you keep saying Christians. You have no idea what you are talking about, and you would be dismissed from any serious conversation in an academic setting.

The Missing Link wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next