It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
newper wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
apparently dark humor is lost on you.

Although, would our country really be worse off if we rebooted Congress?

You haven't been watching Designated Survivor.

Worked okay in King Ralph.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
newper wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
apparently dark humor is lost on you.

Although, would our country really be worse off if we rebooted Congress?

You haven't been watching Designated Survivor.

I watched the first half of the season. Never picked it up when they returned from hiatus. I would've liked the show if it took more of a West Wing vibe and less of a FBI agents chasing down conspiracy within plot. The latter would be interesting whereas what they have done is too formulaic.

I only keep watching for that cute little Italian gal...damn the things I would do to her...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
When is the NRA going to pronounce their support of this Belleville patriot?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:28 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
newper wrote:
NBC ID'd shooter as 66 year old male from Belleville, Illinois (St. Louis suburb) -- some sort of domestic motivation for the shooting; not terrorism. They are looking into his social media and working on getting a search warrant to see if there is a political motive for the shooting or any mental health issues.

Shooter's FB page has been located, he's a Bernie douche!
I knew it. When will the Bernie people stop?

My guy told me a Berniebro was going to do this yesterday.

Mental health funds are being cut so this will happen more often.

About three weeks ago I posted here that I thought this would unfortunately happen soon. Time to see who deviates from their rhetoric from around the time Gabby Giffords was shot, or Sandy Hook and assault rifles. :(

But what does our Idiot in Chief think that scumbag Scalise has ever done to be lauded as a "patriot"? He proudly runs slightly to the left of David Duke and is a poster child for the degeneration of politics. Maybe less so if he had rational thoughts about how clowns like Ted Nugent wanted some "to suck on the barrel" of an assault rifle? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
newper wrote:
NBC ID'd shooter as 66 year old male from Belleville, Illinois (St. Louis suburb) -- some sort of domestic motivation for the shooting; not terrorism. They are looking into his social media and working on getting a search warrant to see if there is a political motive for the shooting or any mental health issues.

Shooter's FB page has been located, he's a Bernie douche!
I knew it. When will the Bernie people stop?

My guy told me a Berniebro was going to do this yesterday.

Mental health funds are being cut so this will happen more often.

About three weeks ago I posted here that I thought this would unfortunately happen soon. Time to see who deviates from their rhetoric from around the time Gabby Giffords was shot, or Sandy Hook and assault rifles. :(

But what does our Idiot in Chief think that scumbag Scalise has ever done to be lauded as a "patriot"? He proudly runs slightly to the left of David Duke and is a poster child for the degeneration of politics. Maybe less so if he had rational thoughts about how clowns like Ted Nugent wanted some "to suck on the barrel" of an assault rifle? :wink:

You'll see plenty of cognitive dissonance from both sides here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:37 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I doubt it. Even a partisan like myself is saddened by this. If only for the evidence of degeneration of our country.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I doubt it. Even a partisan like myself is saddened by this. If only for the evidence of degeneration of our country.

Yup. It will only get worse as Nas stated.

Mental health cuts galore.
Gun "freedoms" will blindly cheered the next 3.5 years.
Twitter rants stoking fear and aggression

Good stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:57 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Yup. It will only get worse as Nas stated.

Mental health cuts galore.
Gun "freedoms" will blindly cheered the next 3.5 years.
Twitter rants stoking fear and aggression

Good stuff

MAGA!!! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I will say I think it's fair to point to rhetoric being a contributing factor (not a main factor) in driving this.

I'd say there was also some truth in saying that it also played a role in the shooting of Giffords. I would just like both sides to acknowledge that, but nope red vs. blue is now a team game so most people will claim it for one but not the other.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I will say I think it's fair to point to rhetoric being a contributing factor (not a main factor) in driving this.

I'd say there was also some truth in saying that it also played a role in the shooting of Giffords. I would just like both sides to acknowledge that, but nope red vs. blue is now a team game so most people will claim it for one but not the other.

Yep.

It's insane.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Threating e-mails now coming into GOP inboxes.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/33778 ... o-go-after

If Republicans are not going to be held accountable and think they can do business as usual with their secret behind closed doors meetings and no one gets to read a bill, then they're just asking for this behavior by citizens, who see no other option but armed revolution.

We went through this before with the Tea Party and the American Revolution. Don't think it cannot happen again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
EXCLUSIVE: Video shows gunman open fire on GOP baseball practice http://nyp.st/2rhQ0Vp

F*ck that's A LOT OF GUNFIRE

http://nypost.com/2017/06/14/the-moment ... re=twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:56 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:

If Republicans are not going to be held accountable and think they can do business as usual with their secret behind closed doors meetings and no one gets to read a bill, then they're just asking for this behavior by citizens, who see no other option but armed revolution.

We went through this before with the Tea Party and the American Revolution. Don't think it cannot happen again

This is a sickening comment

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:02 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

We went through this before with the Tea Party and the American Revolution. Don't think it cannot happen again

it's as if the Democrats never passed bills with backroom negotiations. :lol:

What did I say earlier about cognitive dissonance?

Granted, I can see why people on both sides would be fed up as our government as it stands today is a dismal failure. However, when you blame one side and absolve the other, you're not helping anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Granted, I can see why people on both sides would be fed up as our government as it stands today is a dismal failure. However, when you blame one side and absolve the other, you're not helping anyone.

Rube has literally changed "sides" about 12 times in the past year. It's better off just ignoring a troll.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I wasn't absolving the other. I have as much disdain for Obama and his minions as these elitist Republicans.

Shame on both of them. This is not democracy. The Founding Fathers are turning over in their graves.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm 

Watch the video, it's intense:
http://nypost.com/2017/06/14/the-moment ... re=twitter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
However, when you blame one side and absolve the other, you're not helping anyone.

Mossad or not, you are spot on with that Ogie!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:13 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Rube has literally changed "sides" about 12 times in the past year. It's better off just ignoring a troll.

You're an idiot.

I hated both Presidential candidates and was left to choose the lesser of two evils. Both major parties failed the people with their candidates, but they could care less.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:14 pm 

Hate trump and the right all you want, come kick their ass in the elections and grab more table space...

But endorsing this "Resistance" to the point where images of death are commonplace and violent acts to this level are occuring is outright domestic terrorism...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:16 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

You're an idiot.

I hated both Presidential candidates and was left to choose the lesser of two evils. Both major parties failed the people with their candidates, but they could care less.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which one was the lesser of two evils? You have literally been a shill for both Trump and Clinton the past 12 months.

Last edited by Douchebag on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:19 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

You're an idiot.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which one was the lesser of two evils. You have literally been a shill for both Trump and Clinton the past 12 months.

You're mistaken. You will not find one post by me that was pro-Clinton. Try actually knowing what you're taking about before writing next time.

I've always been an independent. In my life, I've only voted for George H. Bush (first election), Kerry, Romney and Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:24 pm 

cluv8484 wrote:
Hate trump and the right all you want, come kick their ass in the elections and grab more table space...

But endorsing this "Resistance" to the point where images of death are commonplace and violent acts to this level are occuring is outright domestic terrorism...

But i'ts ok for the government to spy on its people and imprison them without due process, restrict their free speech and right to protest, all the while excluding Congressional members from bills they pass so they don't apply to themselves.

Who are the real terrorists?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Sometimes it's surprising that this does not happen more often. The other side is the enemy, and every election has become reported like life or death.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Sometimes it's surprising that this does not happen more often. The other side is the enemy, and ever election has become reported like life or death.

Pretty much. Even accounting for Trump it also gets worse every cycle. Wait until next time....

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:53 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

But i'ts ok for the government to spy on its people and imprison them without due process, restrict their free speech and right to protest, all the while excluding Congressional members from bills they pass so they don't apply to themselves.

^Fact check: True

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:54 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

It's still the terrorists.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:02 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
cluv8484 wrote:

I'm more likely to be killed by an employee of the government (such as a LEO) than I am to be killed by a terrorist in this country.

There is definitely some legitimate anger to be directed towards lawmakers of both parties so I can't fully condemn those who act out. I just wish they'd recognize both parties are culpable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The new "terrorists":

no longer a dialogue,it's just 10 minutes of pure hate every night. When is enough enough?