It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
ChiefWampum wrote:
The body cams could also support the cops.

If that's true why are most cops so reluctant to wear them?

I wouldn't want one on me at my work. Those things are used to hang ya.

Cops might be different, though.

I agree. I wouldn't work anywhere where I was monitored that way. But I l also don't have a pension at age 55 that is 80% of my salary. And it seems to me that cops always want the perks of the job but then they complain about the "bad" stuff. It's not a regular job. People might shoot at you. I think society is more than understanding regarding that fact. That's why this guy, who essentially committed murder, got off.

The cameras may often work for their protection, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Rather than jail why not just press for his dismissal?

Because he murdered a dude and usually if you're not a cop that means you go to jail. This whole argument is fucking ridiculous.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Because he murdered a dude and usually if you're not a cop that means you go to jail. This whole argument is fucking ridiculous.

Well I'm talking post-trial. He's not going to jail so, and generally speaking even though this thread is about Castile, I'm just wondering how often officers who make mistakes like this face serious repercussions at work. The most serious repercussion I can think of is a dismissal even if you've been cleared by a jury, as in this case. There's something off about officers walking away from things like this and going back to their jobs (I know there are cases where officers have been fired but I obviously don't have any statistics either way).

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I believe this man and his girlfriend/wife fit a profile of a certain type of person to that officer based solely on their looks. That's why he shot him IMO. It wasn't because he was black. It was because they looked like a certain type of black person. If Regular Reader did the same thing that guy did he wouldn't have gotten shot. I'm fairly confident in that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think that's a bad example. Regular Reader seems like a stand-up guy who checks his brake lights regularly. Also in his car with him would be a stud baseball player and/or a couple pounds of some really kick ass barbecue. Given that, no way he gets shot if he got pulled over.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
We need to arm our nations truck drivers and have them patrol the streets.

Scorehead wrote:
Armed truck drivers on every corner.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Well I'm talking post-trial. He's not going to jail so, and generally speaking even though this thread is about Castile, I'm just wondering how often officers who make mistakes like this face serious repercussions at work. The most serious repercussion I can think of is a dismissal even if you've been cleared by a jury, as in this case. There's something off about officers walking away from things like this and going back to their jobs (I know there are cases where officers have been fired but I obviously don't have any statistics either way).

It's hard to face repercussions when you have the protection of a public sector union.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
I believe this man and his girlfriend/wife fit a profile of a certain type of person to that officer based solely on their looks. That's why he shot him IMO. It wasn't because he was black. It was because they looked like a certain type of black person. If Regular Reader did the same thing that guy did he wouldn't have gotten shot. I'm fairly confident in that.

I don't know about that:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2764759

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 am 

Nas wrote:

I get what you're saying :wink: and ordinarily I'd agree wholeheartedly with you, but I've had a cop pull his gun on me as I was walking in the only lit part of a street toward an oncoming squad car with its lights on. Wearing boat shoes, khaki shorts and a polo shirt iirc. I was angry as hell for being "detained" right up to point that I realized he was going for his gun, then well you know... :salut:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't know about that:

Those with disabilities (Quintonio LeGrier was one such local person last year) often have problems with the police, and as the father of autistic children, this scares me. The first portion of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time deals with this.

I know that many people say that arguing LEOs need to be trained more dodges the issue of how cops treat non-whites, particularly blacks, but this is an issue in its own right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

It's hard to face repercussions when you have the protection of a public sector union.

Without a union, though, you can be screwed at any moment. Such workers (and their talents and skills and histories) are potentially irrelevant. I don't think lawsuits are a replacement for unions.

It's weird, though, how unions can protect some of the shittiest workers. That is annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
formerlyknownas wrote:

Without a union, though, you can be screwed at any moment. Such workers (and their talents and skills and histories) are potentially irrelevant. I don't think lawsuits are a replacement for unions.

It's weird, though, how unions can protect some of the shittiest workers. That is annoying.

I'm a strong pro-Union guy, but public sector unions are a bit of a different animal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
formerlyknownas wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Nas wrote:

I don't know about that:

Those with disabilities (Quintonio LeGrier was one such local person last year) often have problems with the police, and as the father of autistic children, this scares me. The first portion of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time deals with this.

I know that many people say that arguing LEOs need to be trained more dodges the issue of how cops treat non-whites, particularly blacks, but this is an issue in its own right.

Cops shoot plenty of white guys as well. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2017/

How they treat non-whites is likely a separate issue from shootings.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:

I'm a strong pro-Union guy, but public sector unions are a bit of a different animal.

they certainly have many advantages built-in over non-public-sector unions, and it's a racket, but there's got to be some sort of compromise to maintain the union but decouple them from determining half the people who get elected (and the financial disaster that follows).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:06 pm 

Holy fuck...

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/22/phila ... smoke-mari

"'I thought if he's, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me,' Yanez told the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension."

---

Smoking marijuana now grants a license to kill for this asswipe cop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
and now apparently there's video that the fiance was handcuffed right in front of the kid after he's murdered. nice touch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:31 pm 

Bagels wrote:
and now apparently there's video that the fiance was handcuffed right in front of the kid after he's murdered. nice touch

She might have been high. She's lucky she wasn't shot too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:32 pm 

Bagels wrote:

She should be thankful she wasn't considered a threat too. So should the kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bagels wrote:

cop could have shot all 3 and still would've walked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Bagels wrote:

cop could have shot all 3 and still would've walked.

Would they?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5