It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Kirkwood wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'd love to do a cruise up the coast of Alaska.

I think that would be awesome.

It is fun. But it does feel like a giant cocktease for what Alaska truly offers.

Similarly to Caribbean, the ports are hit or miss depending on if the stop is essentially cruiseship owned or is a self sustaining city on its own (Juneau).

This is the worst part about recent cruises, the company owned destination.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 am 

International
Galapagos for me as well with an additional hike up to Machu Pichu while there. It didn't seem all that difficult to fly to the region last I looked.

Domestic
San Francisco

Local
Schaumburg...obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am 

I've been to quite a few people have named. I spent two weeks in Alaska on my honeymoon but not on a cruise. That is for old coots. I really would recommend just flying to Anchorage, renting a car that can drive on rough terrain and then following your interests. Kodiak Island alone offered so many memorable opportunities. It's funny this should be brought up as I saw The Patriot on cable this weekend and we went to see the movie in some storefront sized movie theater on Kodiak that was the only theater on the island.

Oktoberfest was the single most enjoyable event I attended while in Rome...just a great time.

Poland and much of Eastern Europe are still relatively untapped as tourist destinations. You can feel a greater immersion not bumping into Americans at every turn.

Israel is cool. It's probably a more moving experience if you are gullible about the historical accuracy of some items and locations. I went at the tail end of studying in Rome and had seen too many tangible religious items of dubious historical connection to not by cynical.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'd love to do a cruise up the coast of Alaska.

I think that would be awesome.

And see the whales. I wanna do that.

My brother took a month off from work and drove up there--best month of his life, he says.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:19 am 

I'd go back to Ireland before I went any place outside of North America or the Caribbean.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
GR-20
Faroe Is.
M'zab Valley
Great Barrier Reef

Impossible:
Pre-war Germany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 am 

America wrote:
Impossible:
Pre-war Germany
Trump voter!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frank's Pizzeria
America wrote:
Great Barrier Reef

Impossible:
Pre-war Germany

The Great Barrier Reef is an excellent choice. I majored in marine biology in college and the reef features a plethora of intersectional biodiversity.

And I'm not surprised a piece of garbage like you fantasizes about participating on the Beer Hall Putsch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
America wrote:
Impossible:
Pre-war Germany

One of my main travel regrets was that I spent a lot of time in Europe on vacations starting in 1991, but I didn't go to any of the Eastern Block locations until 2004 and I didn't get to Berlin until just a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Quad City Pete wrote:
America wrote:
Great Barrier Reef

Impossible:
Pre-war Germany

The Great Barrier Reef is an excellent choice. I majored in marine biology in college and the reef features a plethora of intersectional biodiversity.

And I'm not surprised a piece of garbage like you fantasizes about participating on the Beer Hall Putsch.

:lol: all the different majors is a nice touch.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 am 

I want to see many places for sure. My basic bucket list goal though is to simply step foot on each continent before I depart.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: John's
PittMike's African Safari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
I want to see many places for sure. My basic bucket list goal though is to simply step foot on each continent before I depart.

Antarctica's gotta be a bitch

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Antarctica's gotta be a bitch

I saw a cool ice cutter cruise on tv.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sounds crazy, but if I could pry myself from work and family commitments, I'd love to spend a month exploring neighborhoods and landmarks in and around Chicago that I've never seen. I was just reminded of this over the weekend as someone mentioned it was the 50th anniversary of the closing of Riverview Park (the amusement part that was located near Lane Tech). Apparently there are still pieces of it remaining if you know where to look.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Every old timer used to talk about Riverview.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Sounds crazy, but if I could pry myself from work and family commitments, I'd love to spend a month exploring neighborhoods and landmarks in and around Chicago that I've never seen. I was just reminded of this over the weekend as someone mentioned it was the 50th anniversary of the closing of Riverview Park (the amusement part that was located near Lane Tech). Apparently there are still pieces of it remaining if you know where to look.

I would think most of it has been cleaned up by now as they fairly recently built a boating center and some other stuff back there along the river. But back in the 80s we used to drink and smoke weed in a little area of the woods back there that we referred to as "The Rock and the Rope" (there was a rock and a rope). There were all kinds of metal parts from the rides at Riverview.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Every Chicagoan should have to explore Pullman and have a casual knowledge of its history. Grade schools take field trips to so much irrelevance in this city and state yet there is a major piece of history sitting there in living color.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Get in touch with the Chicago Architectural Foundation ,everyone knows about the boat tours. Some of the walking tourss are great. My favorite was the Michigan ave hotel lobby. Just learning the history of the grand lobbies and the hotels attached.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Every Chicagoan should have to explore Pullman and have a casual knowledge of its history. Grade schools take field trips to so much irrelevance in this city and state yet there is a major piece of history sitting there in living color.

Homey don't play that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Alaska cruise lightly penciled in, summer 2019.

Completing the world major marathons: Chicago and Boston; CHECK. Remaining: New York, London, Berlin, Tokyo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
badrogue17 wrote:
If I could get over my hatred of the joos and fear of blacks Id love to go to Comiskey.

LOL. I'll never go to Cominsky Field again. Good kosher hot dogs, tho.

"where are the jooos, Dad"--Lil Tommy
"Wrigley Field, son"--Pops

#Figi

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mariano's
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Galapagos Islands
Figi
Syria

Galapagos is also one of mine.

It's crazy as hell just to get there.. you have to connect on like 4 different flights.

I think you have to stay in Ecuador and take day trips unless you have a personal guide or something. Sounds like one big headache.

"Oh, my"--Marco Polo

No, no,no. Galapagos Is. are part of Ecuador and they be an hotel or 3 in da islands.

#BlueIsland

"One guy lays the pipe, the other guy smokes it"--Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Niagra Falls
Fiji
Alsaka
Hawaii
Maywood

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Niagra Falls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYP1OBZfFK0