It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this.

Let me reiterate I'm no fan of Trump, but I love good media criticism. Especially when it involves any of the big 3 networks in this country.

James O'Keefe and his crew are doing God's work here trying to expose the bullshit behind CNN's level of "reporting".

Here you have a producer for CNN's New Day morning program calling the American people stupid as shit. Not a guy from CNN's medical unit Veganfan!!!

Unfortunately, I have to admit I pretty much agree with everything this producer says.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4dRGMME4VnM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The latest defense of fake news is to insist that the views expressed are opinions rather than news. As if one could have an "opinion" about Russian collusion that didn't occur. Anyway, maybe they should change the name to the Cable Opinion Network.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The latest defense of fake news is to insist that the views expressed are opinions rather than news. As if one could have an "opinion" about Russian collusion that didn't occur. Anyway, maybe they should change the name to the Cable Opinion Network.

https://www.economist.com/news/science- ... -aint-seen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:07 pm 

Love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlA9IwUhtHk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
As if one could have an "opinion" about Russian collusion that didn't occur.

This sentence make no sense. People have opinions all the time about shit regardless of whether or not it actually occurred or otherwise factually or reality based.

One person opines we never went to the moon ... another opines 9/11 was done by the Jooos ... yet another opines politicians are lizard people ... another opines that the Holocaust never happened at all ... and another opines that China Beach was forced off TV by George Bush ... another opines that wins still actually matter as a stand-alone informative statistic in baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This sentence make no sense. People have opinions all the time about shit regardless of whether or not it actually occurred or otherwise factually or reality based.

One person opines we never went to the moon ... another opines 9/11 was done by the Jooos ... yet another opines politicians are lizard people ... another opines that the Holocaust never happened at all ... and another opines that China Beach was forced off TV by George Bush ... another opines that wins still actually matter as a stand-alone informative statistic in baseball.

Do you really call your examples "opinions"? They're just crackpot statements. Certainly not something that should be promulgated by a real news organization.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Do you really call your examples "opinions"? They're just crackpot statements. Certainly not something that should be promulgated by a real news organization.

We may share that opinion, but that's all it is ... an opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm 

JORR can no longer distinguish between fact and opinion.

SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

We may share that opinion, but that's all it is ... an opinion.

:lol: Not really. You can't have an opinion that the Holocaust did not occur. You're just making an idiot statement.

I do think the moon landing is a good example though. My Russian friends absolutely believe it never occurred and they were taught in school that it did not the same way you and I were taught that it did. But I would say that there's no room for "opinion" there. It either happened or it didn't. There's no opinion involved. It's just that one guy is wrong and the other guy is right. I feel very comfortable in saying that a moon landing conspiracy would have been very difficult to pull off without a single person spilling the beans over fifty years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/cnn ... m-lincoln/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:34 pm 

Not a few good weeks for CNN.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jbi11s wrote:
Not a few good weeks for CNN.

They're trying to go head to head with Trump. The guy is a whiny load mouth who will say and do anything to get attention. CNN should be the American version of the BBC with a global reach and high quality news content. Instead, it wanted to model itself after Fox News with highly political opinion commentators that come on air with talking points.

Just watch the Nightly News Hour on PBS and see the difference in the quality and trust worthiness of the coverage.

Sadly, CNN is giving America what it presumably wants.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:51 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol: Not really. You can't have an opinion that the Holocaust did not occur. You're just making an idiot statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The Holocaust is a fact. You can't have an opinion that it didn't occur. You can simply be wrong about it. An opinion would be that the Holocaust was a good thing. That would be wrong too, but you're certainly entitled to a wrong belief. You don't get to deny facts under the guise of "opinion".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/cnn-just-published-a-fake-quote-from-abraham-lincoln/

have you guys been talking about how today CNN decided that since they couldnt get back @ trump for the whole wrestling/CNN meme tweet they were gonna track down whatever /pol/lack made the actual gif/webm, then when they find him they [essentially?] threaten him with "signal-boosting" the "anti-semitism" and "racism" in his internet posting history unless he formally apologizes to CNN, promises to never make hurtful memes like that one ever again, and uhhh basically #KissTheRing like you had to do to #TheKapMan over @ 720am if you wanted to have a sports talk show on "chicago's very own" radio for the living dead [think KMOX here =] ??

good god man, the way this story is playing out = reads like some kind of a slanderous libel or even parody of [stereotypical jewish-strawman behavior] written by people who hang out on imageboards throwing around the k-word all day long..... seriously man, is this some kind of #NetworksHaveFeelingsToo bullshit? or a desire to bully a random "civilian" in the hopes of teaching a lesson to other would-be memesters out there: if you make something good that happens to speak ill of CNN they're gonna come after you and shine a light on your #WRONGTHINK via reading "naughty web sites" *wags finger*

2017: WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Holocaust is a fact. You can't have an opinion that it didn't occur. You can simply be wrong about it. An opinion would be that the Holocaust was a good thing. That would be wrong too, but you're certainly entitled to a wrong belief. You don't get to deny facts under the guise of "opinion".

hey dude, technically you CAN have an opinion that the holocaust didn't occur..... that is, if you don't mind immediately losing your "society privileges" for an indefinite period of time that very likely is closer to "forever" than "a few months or years"

and hey this isn't me trying to be edgy or contrarian like "THE MAN IS GONNA BEAT YOU DOWN FOR WRONGTHINK" or anything; obviously the holocaust happened and all, it's just that you can TECHNICALLY have an opinion that you dont BELIEVE that the holocaust is a fact... you know, just like you can believe that the moon landing was staged by stanley kubrick or that beerdown is curious hair.

semantically speaking, it's a FACT that there's an account named beerdown because that's a tangible thing you can look up in the board's member list.... the holocaust is a different matter because it depends how you wanna define "THE holocaust" -- if you wanna contend that nowhere near 6mil+ ppl died and therefore, semantically speaking, the internment/imprisonment of jewish people in nazi germany wasn't technically a holocaust then you can have an opinion that "THE HOLOCAUST" didn't happen.... i think you mean that it is an undisputable fact that jewish people were rounded up and imprisoned/locked-up/whatever, and furthermore there were casualties [whether intentional/deliberate or otherwise].... so i mean if even 5000 jewish people in captivity died and you wanna call THAT [a? the?] holocaust, then yeah, what you said about "the holocaust" being a fact > opinion is true.....

but again, it depends how you wanna define [a? the?] holocaust cuz i believe that it *IS* possible to have an opinion that 6mil/+ jews didnt die in nazi concentration camps in the 30s-40s, it's just not possible to have such a[n absolutely batshit mental] opinion in our civilization because if you have an opinion THAT repugnant, offensive, and flat out wrong.... welp call it a hunch that you're not going to be a part of our civilization for very much longer [if you're even a part of it right now]

as always: i wanna make sure that i'm crystal clear that i'm not trying to come off like i'm bemoaning society/civilization as a whole for having a hard-line stance on the holocaust being all sarcastic like *scoff* "you're not allowed to have that opinion in our society!" like it's a bad thing cuz freedom of speech or whatever.... it's just that i believe that, semantically speaking, you CAN have an opinion that THE HOLOCAUST didn't happen, but what i think JORR is saying here is that you CAN'T have an opinion that there wasn't a systematic rounding up and imprisonment and eventually culling of jewish people by nazi germany during the 1930s/40s. THAT is an indusputable fact because it happened, and if you technically call the rounding up + imprisonment + culling of *ANY* number of jewish people (even 50 of them) "the holocaust" then i guess JORR is technically right, BUT if you define "the holocaust" as, say, idk at least 1mil+ people dying or whatever.... some large large # that some people might want to dispute for [whatever reasons they better come to peace with before they meet their maker, likely sooner than later >=] then i think it's technically possible to have an opinion that "the holocaust" didn't happen...

in the end, it's all about semantics..... and hey, you know who they say lurks in the details, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

To use your very own choice of words, 'you don't get to' ignore the commonly-accepted definition of a word - the definition, incidentally, happens to be a fact - under the guise of "opinion".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

To use your very own choice of words, 'you don't get to' ignore the commonly-accepted definition of a word - the definition, incidentally, happens to be a fact - under the guise of "opinion".

Opinions vary:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion