It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I consider the most serious part of this story the fact that the producer states they would never have gone after Obama for fear it wouldn't play well with their viewers.

People like Nas are getting their "news" from sources that admit that accuracy/real reporting are the last thing they are concerned about and they are using that input to get very strident about their own opinions.

I'm sure you're aware that companies like CNN have separate divisions for commentary and hard news.

Are you saying that CNN draws a clear line between such?

Yes, so does Fox News. When Sean Hannity comes on I know I can just read trumpets.com and get the same info. When Chris Wallace comes on I know I'm going to hear what's largely fact-based stuff. The conflating of opinion and fact-based reporting is a really disturbing development - it makes people believe, for example, that every single thing about the Russia interfering with the elections thing is "fake news."

No, it doesn't. But every single thing about Trump, Flynn, Sessions, et al colluding with Russia to "steal an American election" is fake news.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Let's be straight here.

We can depose rulers and folks in power wherever we want.

But, there is NO American exceptionalism.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

A CNN executive said in an open panel discussion soon after the election that their early choice of wall to wall Trump coverage legitimized him as a candidate and lead to his presidency.

They were only following the instructions given to them by the Clinton campaign to push the "pied piper candidates" so that she could win.

Funny how that one worked out. :lol:

Or for the boss at CBS when being (secretly?) recorded admitted that despite his thoughts that Trump was bad for the country, he was good for CBS' bottom line.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:38 am 
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I consider the most serious part of this story the fact that the producer states they would never have gone after Obama for fear it wouldn't play well with their viewers.

People like Nas are getting their "news" from sources that admit that accuracy/real reporting are the last thing they are concerned about and they are using that input to get very strident about their own opinions.

I'm sure you're aware that companies like CNN have separate divisions for commentary and hard news.

Yes, so does Fox News. When Sean Hannity comes on I know I can just read trumpets.com and get the same info. When Chris Wallace comes on I know I'm going to hear what's largely fact-based stuff. The conflating of opinion and fact-based reporting is a really disturbing development - it makes people believe, for example, that every single thing about the Russia interfering with the elections thing is "fake news."

No, it doesn't. But every single thing about Trump, Flynn, Sessions, et al colluding with Russia to "steal an American election" is fake news.

That's why they are all getting big fancy lawyers right? Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:42 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

In fairness, it's for the money laundering probes that also involve the Russians they're all (except Grand Kleagle Sessions) really worried about. They were all too greedy & stupid to not lie about the Russians, and now this happened :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

"If you aren't guilty why get a lawyer?" is pretty shaky ground..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

In fairness, all Republicans(like Trump) parade around proudly bleating that, until they inevitably can't

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 am 
Reader hit it, but isn't that the GOP mantra? If you haven't done anything wrong just bend over and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Baby McNown wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Because as RR knows, if the feds come asking any questions, then you get a lawyer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Well if anyone credible is outright publishing that, then yeah, would seem to be false. But every single thing about Trump being the victim of a some sort of witch hunt is also fake news.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:38 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Reader hit it, but isn't that the GOP mantra? If you haven't done anything wrong just bend over and take it.

So are you embracing being a hypocrite?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
JORR is really having a hard time since the president has finally admitted Russia interfered in our election and since Fox has started to spin collusion as being a good thing. It's sad to see how far a once great poster has fallen.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/27/cnn ... ia-threat/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:44 pm 

Jorr Donald Trump is a trafficker in fake news. If you are going to continue to argue that he is a victim then you also have to acknowledge that he is a purveyor of it. He lies about everything. He lies so much that everything he says has to be interpreted and reinterpreted by people that choose to defend him. He doesn't have a leg up on anyone when it comes to honesty. He also isn't a victim.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

long time guy wrote:
Jorr Donald Trump is a trafficker in fake news. If you are going to continue to argue that he is a victim then you also have to acknowledge that he is a purveyor of it. He lies about everything. He lies so much that everything he says has to be interpreted and reinterpreted by people that choose to defend him. He doesn't have a leg up on anyone when it comes to honesty. He also isn't a victim.

I never called him a victim. America is the victim.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:02 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

So are you embracing being a hypocrite?

In following your lead BRick. Aren't the rules the same for everybody.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Part II has Van Jones saying "the Russia thing is just a big nothing burger"

http://breaking.projectveritas.com/cnnpart2.html

I miss the days when CNN just had news with limited commentary instead of being a channel dominated by pundits.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Part II has Van Jones saying "the Russia thing is just a big nothing burger"

http://breaking.projectveritas.com/cnnpart2.html

I miss the days when CNN just had news with limited commentary instead of being a channel dominated by pundits.

He used my quote. Without attribution.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=106903&p=2745179#p2745179

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

I think we should all wait for more information before rushing to judge CNN. We've only heard from a medical producer and a guy that I was told was evil before he resigned from the Obama administration.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Nas wrote:
I think we should all wait for more information before rushing to judge CNN. We've only heard from a medical producer and a guy that I was told was evil before he resigned from the Obama administration.

No one has disputed the accuracy of the 1st video as of yet. All CNN did to deflect it is say he's a medical producer and they support diversity of views.

I think I've made my view clear that all 3 cable news networks are yellow journalism at best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

No one has disputed the accuracy of the 1st video as of yet. All CNN did to deflect it is say he's a medical producer and they support diversity of views.

I think I've made my view clear that all 3 cable news networks are yellow journalism at best.

Yeah but I wanna wait until someone provides me with information that supports my world views. At that point I'll come out and post something that I told myself was fair and objective. If no one provides me with alternative facts I won't bring this topic up again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

Nas is jealous that Van Jones chose to quote one of my posts.

He'll get past this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah but I wanna wait until someone provides me with information that supports my world views. At that point I'll come out and post something that I told myself was fair and objective. If no one provides me with alternative facts I won't bring this topic up again.

CFMB 101 :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

He'll get past this.

I'm not sold on Van Jones. Lady Nas thought it was really important for us to go see him when he was here a few months back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:

He'll get past this.

I'm not sold on Van Jones. Lady Nas thought it was really important for us to go see him when he was here a few months back.

Jake Tapper just left a note with my assistant.

I'm busy tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Yeah but I wanna wait until someone provides me with information that supports my world views.

Isn't that why you watch CNN?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Yeah but I wanna wait until someone provides me with information that supports my world views.

I should probably watch them more then. Do you feel that way about Alex Jones and Sean Hannity?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I should probably watch them more then. Do you feel that way about Alex Jones and Sean Hannity?

:lol:

If it wasn't for the board, I would have no idea who Alex Jones is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol:

If it wasn't for the board, I would have no idea who Alex Jones is.

He's becoming more mainstream.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next