It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
[
You've provided thoughts based on a hypothetical situation from the perspective of a hypothetical cop. Care to provide thoughts based on the actual situation from the perspective of actual teenagers?

Well hypothetically I wouldn't wind up in such a situation but if I did I would likely run, get my ass beat by the off duty cop, and my parents would ground me until i'm 18.

Hypothetically you would because that's how hypothetical situations work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
SpiralStairs wrote:
[

not in my hypothetical world.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
[

not in my hypothetical world.

But what if you were?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
We live in a country where is this now national news. A married white cop roughly detained a black kid involved in a fight who was trespassing on his property. The cop appeared to be an empowered bully in the video- certainly, but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

We don't know the circumstances prior to the video, but I certainly question whether his primary motivation was racial hatred that trumped his own self-interest. It could be, but if that's your narrative based on just the video you are pushing an agenda.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
But what if you were?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Seacrest wrote:
RR and Nas don't need folks like you, or me, to do their bidding for them.

In no way doing their bidding for them...but absolutely calling out the obvious...It's not only people of color who should be upset.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
We live in a country where is this now national news. A married white cop roughly detained a black kid involved in a fight who was trespassing on his property. The cop appeared to be an an empowered bully in the video- certainly, but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

We don't know the circumstances prior to the video, but I certainly question whether his primary motivation was racial hatred that trumped his own self-interest. It could be, but if that's your narrative based on just the video you are pushing an agenda.

When does this stupidity end? Why are you hellbent on trying to convince us that no white person is racist? Why do you believe that you are being victimized?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:25 pm 

We live in a country where is this now national news. A married white cop roughly detained a black kid involved in a fight who was trespassing on his property. The cop appeared to be an an empowered bully in the video- certainly, but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

Looks like we've got ourselves a genuine solopsist over here fellas.

Last edited by SpiralStairs on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm 

Nas wrote:

When does this stupidity end? Why are you hellbent on trying to convince us that no white person is racist? Why do you believe that you are being victimized?

Because it fits his usual bigoted narrative . Like when he talked about a "firearm" being recovered. Later amended to state that a bb gun was found

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

Ridiculous. Somehow, a shitload of white cops arrest black people everyday without incident.

But yeah, it's probably not in their self interest to use excessive force. I agree they should stop doing that. Threatening to fucking kill the "suspect"(is this kid even a suspect in a crime) is probably also against a cop's self interest.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 pm 

Nas wrote:

When did I say I was being victimized? I'm the one who believes in facts and evidence. You are the one who believes in invisible facts that we just must cling to. Just assuming racism is the path to a total meltdown. It's automatically assuming that an asshole is only that because of the person's skin. It's neither productive nor hopeful of anything better. And it leads to things like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... ea89f61b40

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/missou ... index.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... le/484418/

You want to tell me that the judicial system is racist, as it pertains sentencing. I believe it. You want to say that black people have been put in a terrible economic position because of racism? I agree and say let's look for answers.

To assume that racism is present in police encounters absence of any context other than the race of those involved, and we have entered into dogma.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Because it fits his usual bigoted narrative . Like when he talked about a "firearm" being recovered. Later amended to state that a bb gun was found

Well, to be fair, ruffcorn is a white suburbanite, and Seacrest said it's racist and offensive for white suburbanites to criticize this cop, so it's sort of a lose/lose here for us white suburbanites I guess.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

Ridiculous. Somehow, a shitload of white cops arrest black people everyday without incident.

But yeah, it's probably not in their self interest to use excessive force. I agree they should stop doing that. Threatening to fucking kill the "suspect"(is this kid even a suspect in a crime) is probably also against a cop's self interest.

So you think cops are simply targeting blacks because of their race and killing them or beating them up? Just their hatred fuels them?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

You feel comfortable to label me based on a few arguments. You don't even attempt to understand what I am saying without resorting to name calling.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:36 pm 

Nas wrote:

When did I say I was being victimized? I'm the one who believes in facts and evidence. You are the one who believes in invisible facts that we just must cling to. Just assuming racism is the path to a total meltdown. It's automatically assuming that an asshole is only that because of the person's skin. It's neither productive nor hopeful of anything better. And it leads to things like this:

You want to tell me that the judicial system is racist, as it pertains sentencing. I believe it. You want to say that black people have been put in a terrible economic position because of racism? I agree and say let's look for answers.

To assume that racism is present in police encounters absence of any context other than the race of those involved, and we have entered into dogma.

What other evidence exists at the moment other than the video?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
FavreFan wrote:

So you think cops are simply targeting blacks because of their race and killing them or beating them up? Just their hatred fuels them?

Yes?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well, to be fair, ruffcorn is a white suburbanite, and Seacrest said it's racist and offensive for white suburbanites to criticize this cop, so it's sort of a lose/lose here for us white suburbanites I guess.

Maybe now the Board was better 2 years ago :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Again, the issue at hand is a grown man who put his hands on a child regardless of color. I have an issue with a quick tempered individual like this patrolling in my neighborhood. I also haven't heard a statement from our wonderful bitch of a mayor either, but that's besides the point. How is this guy not trained in deescalating issues without having to use force?

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yes?

That's the definition of insanity.

Quote:
In any case, I’m not sure statistics of this kind are what truly undergird the hurt we feel in these times. When a black man is killed by a cop, do we grieve more because there are 46 million of us as opposed to 198 million whites? I doubt it: most Americans never hear about the white men's deaths at all.
Rather, we operate according to a meme under which cops casually kill black men under circumstances in which white men are apparently let off with a hand slap—and occasional cases of just that are what often get around social media, suggesting that they are the norm. That meme is quite understandable given the existence of racism in America. However, in 2016 that meme is vastly oversimplified.

http://time.com/4404987/police-violence/

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

You feel comfortable to label me based on a few arguments. You don't even attempt to understand what I am saying without resorting to name calling.

Your arrogance is amusing.

To suggest that I don't understand what you're saying is akin to saying that I don't understand that water is wet. Your racist tendencies are readily apparent.

Imo you may be the most reprehensible person that has ever regularly posted here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I've never said this cop was racist. In fact I rarely say anyone is racist. Every week there appears to be a thread where you're trying to convince everyone that whites aren't racist or that n-word is some magical word that everyone should shout. You take some really odd and intellectually dishonest positions. It comes off like you believe the actions of other whites is a reflection on you so you need to defend their behavior or motives.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Where did I say that?

I think it's undeniable that some cops are racist and that some of these well publicized incidents are the result of racism. I don't think every cop is racist, and this is now the 4th time in this thread alone I am saying that to you. Hopefully you won't ask a 5th time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

To suggest that I don't understand what you're saying is akin to saying that I don't understand that water is wet. Your racist tendencies are readily apparent.

Imo you may be the most reprehensible person that has ever regularly posted here

Not even close.

We've had actual felons, racist cops, leash, just to name a few.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:54 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's insult after insult from you. You have the agenda. I don't. If you want to debate facts I'm here. Want to play the victim card, well you seem to have that one down, but you are beyond ridiculous at this point.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Free Ajent wrote:
Again, the issue at hand is a grown man who put his hands on a child regardless of color. I have an issue with a quick tempered individual like this patrolling in my neighborhood. I also haven't heard a statement from our wonderful bitch of a mayor either, but that's besides the point. How is this guy not trained in deescalating issues without having to use force?

Because he didn't see this kid the same way he may see you. If he saw looked at this kid like he was a person his reaction would have been different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's insult after insult from you. You have the agenda. I don't. If you want to debate facts I'm here. Want to play the victim card, well you seem to have that one down, but you are beyond ridiculous at this point.

What are the actual facts?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 pm 

Was the cop previously in the milatary?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Milatary? Kill yourself

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

Truck driver.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:

SPELLS JUST FINE!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next