It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

Ridiculous. Somehow, a shitload of white cops arrest black people everyday without incident.

But yeah, it's probably not in their self interest to use excessive force. I agree they should stop doing that. Threatening to fucking kill the "suspect"(is this kid even a suspect in a crime) is probably also against a cop's self interest.

So you think cops are simply targeting blacks because of their race and killing them or beating them up? Just their hatred fuels them?

Where did I say that?

I think it's undeniable that some cops are racist and that some of these well publicized incidents are the result of racism. I don't think every cop is racist, and this is now the 4th time in this thread alone I am saying that to you. Hopefully you won't ask a 5th time.

You are clearly assuming that if a cop does something aggressive toward a black person they are racist. If the statistics show that the police kill more people of other races isn't it likely to assume that the police feel empowered over all of us rather than - police hire and attract racists and only black people need to look out?

There are going to be racists in any large number of people. There are systems in place to weed them out, but I don't think it serves anyone to scream racist the instance any incident goes public.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
We live in a country where is this now national news. A married white cop roughly detained a black kid involved in a fight who was trespassing on his property. The cop appeared to be an an empowered bully in the video- certainly, but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

We don't know the circumstances prior to the video, but I certainly question whether his primary motivation was racial hatred that trumped his own self-interest. It could be, but if that's your narrative based on just the video you are pushing an agenda.

When does this stupidity end? Why are you hellbent on trying to convince us that no white person is racist? Why do you believe that you are being victimized?

When did I say I was being victimized? I'm the one who believes in facts and evidence. You are the one who believes in invisible facts that we just must cling to. Just assuming racism is the path to a total meltdown. It's automatically assuming that an asshole is only that because of the person's skin. It's neither productive nor hopeful of anything better. And it leads to things like this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... ea89f61b40

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/missou ... index.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... le/484418/

You want to tell me that the judicial system is racist, as it pertains sentencing. I believe it. You want to say that black people have been put in a terrible economic position because of racism? I agree and say let's look for answers.

To assume that racism is present in police encounters absence of any context other than the race of those involved, and we have entered into dogma.

I've never said this cop was racist. In fact I rarely say anyone is racist. Every week there appears to be a thread where you're trying to convince everyone that whites aren't racist or that n-word is some magical word that everyone should shout. You take some really odd and intellectually dishonest positions. It comes off like you believe the actions of other whites is a reflection on you so you need to defend their behavior or motives.

You are reflecting your own insecurities here. I've attempted an intellectual discussion. Framing everything as a racially motivated action is dangerous cue the links. I'm debating a framing narrative. I don't care about the sanctity of my "race" or whatever bullshit you are trying to turn this into here.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

Ridiculous. Somehow, a shitload of white cops arrest black people everyday without incident.

But yeah, it's probably not in their self interest to use excessive force. I agree they should stop doing that. Threatening to fucking kill the "suspect"(is this kid even a suspect in a crime) is probably also against a cop's self interest.

So you think cops are simply targeting blacks because of their race and killing them or beating them up? Just their hatred fuels them?

Where did I say that?

I think it's undeniable that some cops are racist and that some of these well publicized incidents are the result of racism. I don't think every cop is racist, and this is now the 4th time in this thread alone I am saying that to you. Hopefully you won't ask a 5th time.

You are clearly assuming that if a cop does something aggressive toward a black person they are racist. If the statistics show that the police kill more people of other races isn't it likely to assume that the police feel empowered over all of us rather than - police hire and attract racists and only black people need to look out?

There are going to be racists in any large number of people. There are systems in place to weed them out, but I don't think it serves anyone to scream racist the instance any incident goes public.

What should we do instead fearless leader?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
We live in a country where is this now national news. A married white cop roughly detained a black kid involved in a fight who was trespassing on his property. The cop appeared to be an an empowered bully in the video- certainly, but I would say that it's no longer in a person's self-interest to use force against a black suspect.

We don't know the circumstances prior to the video, but I certainly question whether his primary motivation was racial hatred that trumped his own self-interest. It could be, but if that's your narrative based on just the video you are pushing an agenda.

When does this stupidity end? Why are you hellbent on trying to convince us that no white person is racist? Why do you believe that you are being victimized?

Because it fits his usual bigoted narrative . Like when he talked about a "firearm" being recovered. Later amended to state that a bb gun was found

You feel comfortable to label me based on a few arguments. You don't even attempt to understand what I am saying without resorting to name calling.

Your arrogance is amusing.

To suggest that I don't understand what you're saying is akin to saying that I don't understand that water is wet. Your racist tendencies are readily apparent.

Imo you may be the most reprehensible person that has ever regularly posted here

It's insult after insult from you. You have the agenda. I don't. If you want to debate facts I'm here. Want to play the victim card, well you seem to have that one down, but you are beyond ridiculous at this point.

That's the thing of it. We've had discussions here about Israel, religion, politics, abortion and a variety of other hot button issues. In none of them did any rational poster defend an insult or get as aggreived as you when called on your your cutesy crass attempts at being above the fray.

And then continually bring up racially inflammatory crap like you do. Befitting your obvious craven agenda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Where did I say that?

Something aggressive? The fact that you need to use euphemisms to describe the cop's actions says all we need to know about agendas here.

But you are wrong. I don't assume every white cop who is aggressive with a black person is racist. Sometimes it's deserved. I try to look at each case individually. In this case, based on what we know now, the cop was certainly wrong and using excessive force, and there must be some motivation behind how fucking angry he sounded. Maybe he's just an unhinged psycho with anger management issues. But from what I read and saw I agree with Nas, he wasn't viewing that 15 year old as another human being. Call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Because it fits his usual bigoted narrative . Like when he talked about a "firearm" being recovered. Later amended to state that a bb gun was found

This is a lie btw. Not that you care.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

That's the thing of it. We've had discussions here about Israel, religion, politics, abortion and a variety of other hot button issues. In none of them did any rational poster defend an insult or get as aggreived as you when called on your your cutesy crass attempts at being above the fray.

And then continually bring up racially inflammatory crap like you do. Befitting your obvious craven agenda

What's my craven agenda? When did I become "aggreived" or insult you? You are clearly lying here. You've said I'm worse than a sex offender then claim to be the injured party.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'm still going out on a limb and calling the cop, at the minimum, a bigot and a douchebag. The guy had 2 kids to choose from the grab and throw to the ground...the bleeding white kid sitting on his ??? or the black kid who was doing a wellness check on said white kid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:17 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
I'm still going out on a limb and calling the cop, at the minimum, a bigot and a douchebag. The guy had 2 kids to choose from the grab and throw to the ground...the bleeding white kid sitting on his ??? or the black kid who was doing a wellness check on said white kid.

Wellness check? For all we know he was demanding directions to the nearest defenseless white woman's house!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Where did I say that?

Something aggressive? The fact that you need to use euphemisms to describe the cop's actions says all we need to know about agendas here.

But you are wrong. I don't assume every white cop who is aggressive with a black person is racist. Sometimes it's deserved. I try to look at each case individually. In this case, based on what we know now, the cop was certainly wrong and using excessive force, and there must be some motivation behind how fucking angry he sounded. Maybe he's just an unhinged psycho with anger management issues. But from what I read and saw I agree with Nas, he wasn't viewing that 15 year old as another human being. Call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better.

Clearly, I'm not describing his actions here. This is not a courtroom drawing. I am stating a general response towards situations like this. You really think that cops only do this to black people? Don't you think that's a dangerous, toxic and nihilistic position to take given that it's not supported by statistics in anyway?

Black people-you have no chance with the police. That's the message our media should be projecting>

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Where did I say that?

Clearly, I'm not describing his actions here. This is not a courtroom drawing. I am stating a general response towards situations like this. You really think that cops only do this to black people? Don't you think that's a dangerous, toxic and nihilistic position to take given that it's not supported by statistics in anyway?

Black people-you have no chance with the police. That's the message our media should be projecting>

I've never said cops only do this to black people. You might wanna take that one up with Seacrest, who believes white people cannot be mistreated by police.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:

He targeted a black kid to beat the shit out of? And you are certain he's a bigot? Better tell black kids to just run every time they see a cop.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I apologize. Those were Shakes' words, not yours.

Not a lie, but a mistake on my part.

But I still think you're a racist asshole. Based on your posting history

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:

He targeted a black kid to beat the shit out of? And you are certain he's a bigot? Better tell black kids to just run every time they see a cop.

Running didn't help Walter Scott

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Lies, assertions, or otherwise, WFR is far from the most racist person ever here. That kind of hyperbole just makes discourse impossible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I've never said cops only do this to black people. You might wanna take that one up with Seacrest, who believes white people cannot be mistreated by police.

Yet you are comfortable saying this guy is racist. Given only a video of him being a bully with a white kid there. You don't think that's a dangerous message to project?

It's like saying, whites run from black people. They will kill you or beat and torture you:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/08/23 ... te-people/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/c ... video.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Lies, assertions, or otherwise, WFR is far from the most racist person ever here. That kind of hyperbole just makes discourse impossible.

Quiet you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've never said anything remotely racist or called you any names. There is one person being unreasonable here, but I'm not here to rile you up. If you think calling names and pointing fingers is the path to better understanding you lead that movement.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Quiet you.

God, I wanna fuck you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:30 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Yet you are comfortable saying this guy is racist. Given only a video of him being a bully with a white kid there. You don't think that's a dangerous message to project?

It's like saying, whites run from black people. They will kill you or beat and torture you:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/08/23 ... te-people/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/c ... video.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

No, I don't think it's dangerous to suggest a white man choking a black kid and threatening to fucking kill him might not have a great opinion of black people. Maybe he's not racist and just has severe anger management issues. Either way, you're acting like this is the equivalent of saying all white people or all cops are racist, which is why you continually push the argument that way instead of addressing this incident.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

When did I say I was being victimized? I'm the one who believes in facts and evidence. You are the one who believes in invisible facts that we just must cling to. Just assuming racism is the path to a total meltdown. It's automatically assuming that an asshole is only that because of the person's skin. It's neither productive nor hopeful of anything better. And it leads to things like this:

You want to tell me that the judicial system is racist, as it pertains sentencing. I believe it. You want to say that black people have been put in a terrible economic position because of racism? I agree and say let's look for answers.

To assume that racism is present in police encounters absence of any context other than the race of those involved, and we have entered into dogma.

I've never said this cop was racist. In fact I rarely say anyone is racist. Every week there appears to be a thread where you're trying to convince everyone that whites aren't racist or that n-word is some magical word that everyone should shout. You take some really odd and intellectually dishonest positions. It comes off like you believe the actions of other whites is a reflection on you so you need to defend their behavior or motives.

You are reflecting your own insecurities here. I've attempted an intellectual discussion. Framing everything as a racially motivated action is dangerous cue the links. I'm debating a framing narrative. I don't care about the sanctity of my "race" or whatever bullshit you are trying to turn this into here.

Since literally no one here has said every action of a cop or regular White American is "racially motivated", what is the point of your posts? You continue to accuse me and others of things that aren't true but then you demand that we give white cops and White Anericans the benefit of the doubt. You're full of shit. You're not trying to have an honest discussion. We've had honest discussions on nearly every topic around here.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

If I can be called a racist in the least then it means that our public discourse has gone insane.

The Missing Link wrote:

leashyourkids wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Quiet you.

God, I wanna fuck you.

Keep dreaming burrito.

leashyourkids wrote:

You have your opinion and I respect it. While I also agree that it makes some cool discourse impossible, imo so do the increasing majority of that racist's posts.

I'm sorry but his postings are nothing more than shit stirring increasingly based on race. And even Steve wasn't this offensive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

If I can be called a racist in the least then it means that our public discourse has gone insane.

That's it, play the victim card. As usual

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Since literally no one here has said every action of a cop or regular White American is "racially motivated", what is the point of your posts? You continue to accuse me and others of things that aren't true but then you demand that we give white cops and White Anericans the benefit of the doubt. You're full of shit. You're not trying to have an honest discussion. We've had honest discussions on nearly every topic around here.

I've made my point repeatedly. This has been framed as a racially motivated police attack in the media. I've said that it's jumping the gun and dangerous because of several instances of this type of behavior spilling out of control. You resorted to cussing and race baiting because I don't jump to endorse your witch hunt. Carry on.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That's it, play the victim card. As usual

You are a professional victim.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:

It's all subjective so you're wrong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 pm 

WFRC if you agree with Ajent's position why not say so?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I've never said anything remotely racist or called you any names. There is one person being unreasonable here, but I'm not here to rile you up. If you think calling names and pointing fingers is the path to better understanding you lead that movement.

It's you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next