It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Millennial Encounters
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:22 am 

"I cried more when my cat died than my grandma because my cat was there for me though more of my hardest parts of life"

"You dont know me, and you made a joke when I told you I'm suicidal. Now I am upset that you are oversensitive to my situation "

"My boyfriend thinks I cheated on him, and I am obviously sure I did not, so now I feel obligated to hit on his friend. "

I don't even know if I consider these people millennials. I'm well into my 30s... I think of millennials as under 25... But apparently stupid people are proliferate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
as a gen x'er i know that for the most part, baby boomers are to blame for this awful generation of humans that came after us but i also don't know if we are to blame as well. we are a boomer product too. are we just as worthless or are we just as culpable?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
IkeSouth wrote:
"
I don't even know if I consider these people millennials. I'm well into my 30s... I think of millennials as under 25... But apparently stupid people are proliferate.

Depending on which marketing research source you prefer, most agree that millennials were born between the years 1978 and 1990.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
"

Depending on which marketing research source you prefer, most agree that millennials were born between the years 1978 and 1990.

If you hit the age of 18 on or after the year 2000 = Milliennial

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Douchebag wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
"

If you hit the age of 18 on or after the year 2000 = Milliennial

Another good rule of thumb.

Mrs. Ugie works in marketing for a financial institution. Her biggest challenge in designing marketing campaigns is to create something that appeals to multiple generations. Because Millennials include ages up to 35 -- a group FAR different than a 25 year old -- this is a challenge.

Technically I'm a Millennial (born in 1982). But there's no way I have similar purchasing habits to that of someone in their middle 20's. Or at least I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place

Last edited by Hatchetman on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
GENERATION X!!

We never say anything stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I was an apathetic gen x who didn't give a damn. Or st least that's what the sociology professor told us all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I saw a recent list with birth years and the generations accompanying them. First time I heard the term "Silent Generation" for those older than the Baby Boomers. Unfortunately, I assumed that they were Silent because they were mostly dead. Even worse, my own birth year, 1965, seems to be omitted from nearly every list. Hard to relate to Boomers sired after WWII and born in 1946, but too old to be Gen X, or, perhaps the perfect combination of both?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
K Effective wrote:
Even worse, my own birth year, 1965, seems to be omitted from nearly every list. Hard to relate to Boomers sired after WWII and born in 1946, but too old to be Gen X, or, perhaps the perfect combination of both?

This comes up all the time for me being born in 1979...a lot of times, those of us born like 77-83 have a lot of Gen X traits, but adapt to millennial crap, too. Personally, I relate to Gen Xers better, but that's mostly because I'm usually a miserable asshole.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Personally, I relate to Gen Xers better, but that's mostly because I'm usually a miserable asshole.

We are DFAing you to the Millennials.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Personally, I relate to Gen Xers better, but that's mostly because I'm usually a miserable asshole.

We are DFAing you to the Millennials.

Fuck that noise. I'd do a better job of throwing runners out if you fuckers would just throw more fastballs and keep guys off base.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I was born 87 and I count as a Millennial.

For the record, most of my generation does not suck. However the entirety of the portion of my generation that entered the "journalism" field and writes for trash like Jezebel, HuffPost, etc. does suck and should be sterilized.

Most of us got real jobs and started families.

I save for my own retirement as I know social security won't be there for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 am 

honestly i think the worst part is all the technology news that claims robots will take everyones jobs soon. they keep pushing this mantra that work wont be needed anymore, because machines will do it for you.

so why get a degree? why bust your ass when it will just be a waste of time?

this has been detrimental to the work ethic in america. couple that with reality shows that glamorize everyone who is an idiot...

but the robot thing... yeah, i work on industrial machinery every day. we are a LOONNGG time away from those things taking our jobs. Not in our lifetime, not in our kids or grandkids. We are at least a couple hundred years away from that, if ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
If you never drank from a garden hose you're probably a millenial.

If you are alergic to fresh air and keep your windows closed and run the air 210 days a year you're probably a millenial.

If you never had to buy several packs of baseball cards to get the one that had the stats on the back that would settle a summerlong argument with your buddy about someone's stats you're probably a millenial.

If you got a phone call when it was time to come home instead of knowing it was time to come home when the streetlights came on you're probably a millenial.

If you dont know how to use a card catalog you're probably a millenial.

If you dont know campus comedy, humor in uniform, or life in these united states you're probably a millenial.

If Kelly Le Brock didnt give you a boner in 84 you're probably a millenial.

If you didn't watch reruns of gilligans island, the munsters, and bewitched while faking sick from school you're probably a millenial.

If you didn't learn about spaying and nuetering from bob barker you're probably a millenial.

If you've never had to rewind to be kind you're probably a millenial.

If you never had to blow on the cartridge to get it yo work you're probably a millenial.

If you never got to fill it to the rim with brim you're probably a millenial.

If you watch revenge of the nerds and you see multiple sex crimes you're probably a millenial.

If someone says slow moving white bronco and you think of oj instead of elway you're probably a millenial.

If you never got one of those personalized birthday records that was actuallly square and on cardboard you're probably a millenial.

If your first cooy of white album wasnt on lp you're probably a millenial.

If you never thought a single sequined glove was a reasoable fashion accessory you're probably a millenial.

If you never bought a hypercolor you're probably a millenial.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Last edited by Darkside on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
As an 80s baby, I definitely fall into the Millennial designation but I feel like there should be a delineation somewhere in this group. Except for when I was in the Army, and even then it was hit or miss, I can not for the life of me understand the interests, habits, or hobbies of people born north of about 96.

Like the MCU there should be phases. Phase 1 Millenials being the oldest end of the cohort. Phase 2 the insufferable college kids of today. Phase 3 these retards running around with fidget spinners and calling me racial slurs on Xbox live.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 am 

Darkside wrote:

If you didn't watch reruns of gilligans island, the munsters, and bewitched while faking sick from school you're probably a millenial.

If you never had to blow on the csrtridge to get it yo work you're probably a millenial.

Cherry picking from your list I did alot of these growing up but I'm still a Millenial. It truly is a scarlet letter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Darkside wrote:

If you never had to blow on the csrtridge to get it yo work you're probably a millenial.

Cherry picking from your list I did alot of these growing up but I'm still a Millenial. It truly is a scarlet letter.

ditto, especially the blowing into the cartridge. Older millenials had NES and SNES.

My elementary school didn't have a computerized card catalog until I was in 5th grade as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 am 

If you think because a couple general items on a list exclude you from the overall shame of being a millenial you're probably a millenial.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
ditto, especially the blowing into the cartridge. Older millenials had NES and SNES.

My elementary school didn't have a computerized card catalog until I was in 5th grade as well.

Sheeit my first console was an NES that my grandmother (born in the depression) had bought for herself (lady was ahead of her time). Blowing on cartridges was a burden my siblings would pass around during gaming sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:05 am 

Darkside wrote:
If you think because a couple general items on a list exclude you from the overall shame of being a millenial you're probably a millenial.

Lord your superiority over us all you want, at least I get to die last. Silver lining?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Lord your superiority over us all you want, at least I get to die last. Silver lining?

:lol:
If a silly list with a couple jokes should have come with a trigger warning in your opinion, you're probably a millenial.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
hnd wrote:
as a gen x'er i know that for the most part, baby boomers are to blame for this awful generation of humans that came after us but i also don't know if we are to blame as well. we are a boomer product too. are we just as worthless or are we just as culpable?

NO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 am 

Darkside wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Darkside wrote:

:lol:
If a silly list with a couple jokes should have come with a trigger warning in your opinion, you're probably a millenial.

You got me looking like Sideshow Bob in a field of rakes right now.....
:(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:27 am 

I'm sorry. I love you and you're special to me, toxic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:30 am 

Darkside wrote:

Isn't every Millenial inherently special?

Seriously though, thanks for not making me look like too much of a clown.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:33 am 

Darkside wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Isn't every Millenial inherently special?

Seriously though, thanks for not making me look like too much of a clown.

If meaningless affirmations make you feel better or improve your self esteem you're probably a millenial.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I'm just glad I'll never have another Millennial student--or their friggin' parents. Most were normal people, but 10% were loony in a way that students before them probably weren't.

I think the real difference, besides the fact that you couldn't yell at them, was that they were as ist (racist, classist, etc.) as any other American generation, but they were convinced they were really open-minded.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Having been born in '84, I consider myself neither an X'er or a Millennial, but as a member of Generation Jordan.